PDA

View Full Version : Raised rash

livingINmyDayDreams
02-05-2009, 03:11 PM
I have this raised rash that looks like a bug bite on my back. It's not a bug bite though, because there is like one big bump and then just a bunch of red spots. My dad says it's definitly a rash. I wondered if anyone else has any raised rashes or if this is just something else weird about me?

iseedeadmonkeys
02-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Hello :D

No your not weird, we all get some sort of raised rashes, i know i do too, i got one on my stomach atm, annoying it is, but any thing looking diffrently i would get your local gp check it out, it could be any number of things,

take care
ISDM

sits_inthe_corner
02-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Hi livingINmyDayDreams

Definately go see your doctor.

I thought I had ring worm or a bit of eczema.

My doctor told me no and she did a biopsy on it and it was malar rash. Fortunately for me the biopsy pretty much took the whole rash site and it didn't spread.

Best to get it checked out.

livingINmyDayDreams
02-05-2009, 06:21 PM
That sounds scary. In the short amount of time that I've posted this, my rash has managed to spread all over my back, some spots on my stomach, and a few are even on my face. My mom isn't liking it at all. She says we'll see how it looks tomorrow.

sits_inthe_corner
02-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Oh Oh...this is sounding very familier to me.

Just a possibility and I'm guessing you are probably too young to having this....but this is the way shingles start out.

They come up like a flea bite and spread. Then strangely enough they form into perfect lines. That's why they got the name shingles.

I had shingles when I was 28 yrs old. The doctor wrote it off as flea bites even though it was march and there wasn't a flea to be seen.

By the next day...there was NO mistaking what it was...shingles.

Hope I'm wrong...but keep an eye on it and go get it looked at.

livingINmyDayDreams
02-06-2009, 12:43 PM
In case you're wondering, the rash faded this morning. It's back to just the big splotch and a couple little ones. It's not really covering my back anymore...so I'm sure what it was, but it's pretty much gone. So yay!

sits_inthe_corner
02-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Glad to hear it livingINmyDayDreams

Perhaps you just had a reaction to something. Keep an eye on it though :)

livingINmyDayDreams
02-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Trust me, I will. Thanks for the help. :D