PDA

View Full Version : Rob's Signature

Rastagirl
02-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Rob....

I feel the need to comment on your well thought out signature lines. They are always so profound.

That last one you had...David Gilmour lines from the song 'No More Turning Away' were incredible. How perfect for this Forum, I thought.

But now you blow me away with one of my all time favorite quotes by Ripley from the movie 'Aliens'......and insert the word 'Lupus'.

"I say we take off, and nuke Lupus from orbit.
It's the only way to be sure."

Oh...if only we could nuke Lupus away!!!

Thank you for making me smile yet again, Rob. :D

Most Fondly.....

Lori :P

rob
02-05-2009, 05:35 AM
Hi Lori,

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to figure out where that line came from. I'm a total Scifi fanatic, and so is Saysusie. Aliens is one of her favorite movies too, and she likes the "Get away from her you b--ch!" line. James Cameron is an amazing director. I just bought the "directors cut" of Aliens, and it has almost half an hour more of content. Tells more of the backstory of Ripley, and there's some cool combat robots in it.

I've been pondering different signatures using movie lines. I'm also a fan of Francis Ford Coppola, and was thinking about a Godfather sig. Something like "Leave the Lupus, take the Cannoli". Are you a Scifi fan Lori? Saysusie and I are really into Battlestar Galactica. Not the corny original series, but the extremely well done series on the Sci-Fi Channel. Edward James Olmos is really great in it. Any ideas for more movie sigs?

Rob

Saysusie
02-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Rob;
I love the "Leave the Lupus, take the Cannoli" line!!!

I have been tempted to use this one, when Lupus has me down...

"Maybe you haven't been keeping up with current events pal, but we just got our A@#!s Kicked!!"

Anyway..I love your signature lines also. They always give me a smile :)

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Saysusie
02-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Oh Yea...I also have the director's cut of "Aliens" which, I must say, makes it an even better movie! I'm glad to hear that you also have it!!!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Rastagirl
02-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Rob....

Yes, I'm a big time Sci-Fi fan! 0X I remember reading a post awhile back about you and Saysusie being fans as well.

I am totally into The Lord of the Rings trilogy (When I was 20, I read all the books during the nine months I was in a hospital bed with a broken back) and I'took my son to see each one when they came out at the Theatre. I love all the Star Trek, Star Wars, Alien and Predator movies. My 16 year old son and I share that love (as well as my husband) and we have so much fun quoting great lines from the movies. I shared your sig line with my son and we laughed together. He can quote so many lines from movies it's amazing (better memory than me, of course), so he'll be thinking over the next few days of some good ones to share.

I never did get around to watching Battlestar Galactica on Sci-Fi. I'll have to look for reruns.

I laughed when I read your Godfather quote '...Leave the cannoli'. I was thinking it might work the other way around too.....'Leave the cannoli, take the Lupus' (and get rid of it!) :D

Hi Saysusie, I read your post here. If you read this thread, I've missed you around here and hope things are okay with you. :)

I'll share more later. I'm on the run today....I'm getting ready for an appraisal on my home tomorrow and I've got to go to Lowe's and pick up some custom blinds I ordered for my family room. But you can bet I'll be thinking of great movie quotes while I'm on the road. :D

Have a great day......

Saysusie
02-05-2009, 01:55 PM
I, too, am a huge "Lord Of The Rings" fan. I read all four books (starting with "The Hobbit") when I was in High School. Re-read them in college; re-read them prior to the movies and re-read them after the movies!

I am doing well. I've gotten bad news about a dear friend of mine and, just today, one of my mother's closest friends. This has thrown me a bit off kilter, but otherwise, I am doing as well as can be expected. Thank You so much for asking!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

lucky7
02-05-2009, 02:56 PM
OMG I just wanted to say that you guys are so cute,sweet,considerate,and supportive of each other!

I love Aliens too! One of the best movies of all time!

Its so nice to be a part of this forum! I cant say it enough!

Even if i have a flare i can jump online to the forum and leave with a smile!

Thanks for being here!

Rastagirl
02-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Your welcome....Lucky7 :D "One is glad to be of service.." - to quote Robin Williams in Centennial Man.

It's nice to have a place to come where we don't have to feel so alone with this, but also come to grab a smile when we need one.

It's nice to have a few things that get our mind off of our aches and pains.

Saysusie.....So sorry to hear you are saddened today by news of a dear friend and your mother's closest friend. I'll pray for your saddened heart and for your mother. Hugs....

Fondly,

cherokee993
02-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Another Sci Fi'er here! Also a BG fan (battlestar galactica). My husband has so politely started saying frack around the house instead of the original dirty word that he used to say. Thankfully! but of coure my 3 year old still knows its a bad word LOL and doesn't say it!

Also my three year old LOVES and identifies the songs/words to Star Trek TNG, Deep Space Nine, Enterprise and Stargate SG1 and Atlantis. LOL!

lucky7
02-06-2009, 04:28 PM
LOL

My husband,dad and son are BIG Star Trek fans too!

cherokee993
02-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Yes my husband has Bat'leth's tattooed on his forearms. Very cool. One time we were at a Star Trek museum exhibit and there were people there in dress and some of the "kling on" women were raving about his tattoos LOL it was hilarious.

Rastagirl
02-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Okay Rob....Here's a movie quote I think works well for our purpose...

"I see in your eyes the same fear that would
take the heart of me. The day may come when
the courage of Men and Women fail; when we forsake
our friends and break all bonds of
fellowship; but it is not this day...This day we fight LUPUS!!" - Aragorn (Standing at the Black Gate, in 'Return of the King')

I modified it a little to serve our purpose. It's a bit long for a sig line, but I felt it should take its rightful place here.

rob
02-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Okay Rob....Here's a movie quote I think works well for our purpose...

"I see in your eyes the same fear that would
take the heart of me. The day may come when
the courage of Men and Women fail; when we forsake
our friends and break all bonds of
fellowship; but it is not this day...This day we fight LUPUS!!" - Aragorn (Standing at the Black Gate, in 'Return of the King')

I modified it a little to serve our purpose. It's a bit long for a sig line, but I felt it should take its rightful place here.

Oh, that's a good one. And I remember that scene well. I'd never read the books, so I was blind going into the movies. But I was drawn into the first movie, and the three hours went by leaving me wanting more. I saw the following two movies, and was blown away. Awesome stuff. Amazing story, amazing movies. Long or not, you should use your modified version as a sig.

Rastagirl
02-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Okay Rob...

I changed my sig to see how this one looks...gotta see if it feels right.... :D

Saysusie
02-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Rasta Girl;
I think your new signature is perfect!! Like Rob, I remember that scene so vividly and it fits here perfectly!!!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

rob
02-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Hey, do you guys know what the Starship Enterprise and a piece of toilet paper have in common?

They both circle Uranus searching for Klingons!

Rastagirl
02-10-2009, 02:45 PM
OMG, Rob is back with his humor intact!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl:......

I'm picking myself up off the floor now.... :D

You're just not gonna let this crap keep ya down, are ya?

Lori :lol:

rob
02-10-2009, 02:54 PM
I feel like total crap, but for some reason that just popped into my head. My best friend back in AZ told me that joke while we were waiting for First Contact to start. Gosh, that must have been 10 years ago. Anyway, he said it loud enough that he had the whole place laughing!

lucky7
02-10-2009, 03:07 PM
LOL

TOO FUNNY!!!!!

I"ll have to share that one Rob!

BonusMom
02-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Too funny! Either you finally got some sleep or you're rummy from not sleeping at all :) Hope you're feeling better today.

mountaindreamer
02-10-2009, 04:58 PM
hello Rob,

we can always count on you to keep us chuckling. Love the joke. Love more that you found a few moments to spread laughter through the group.

Hope your day is good. I have been thinking about you today, and sending you wishes for a good day.

share a smile today, (you already did this)
phyllis

Saysusie
02-11-2009, 10:02 AM
THAT WAS HILARIOUS ROB!!!! We can always depend on you for a much needed laugh. Even when you, yourself, are not feeling well. It is good that you can also laugh :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sick n tired
02-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Very funny, Rob....My 13 year old, who is a very big star trek fan came home from school with that one... :lol: I was raised on star trek and passed on the love for it to most of the kids...

I also like the Take the lupus but leave the cannolli...what about making Lupus an offer it can't refuse...

Saysusie...I also read all of the Lord of the Rings books starting with the Hobbitt when was still in high school...we are very big LOTR fans here...

Personally I think that the devil calls lupus "my precious"

Saysusie
02-12-2009, 11:06 AM
You may be right, sick n tired; and it might be that, in our flares, we are crawling around the deep dark of Mordor...but during our remissions, we are strolling along the the beauty that is Rivendale! What a nice thought, at least :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

sick n tired
02-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Oh**** I want to see the beauty of Rivendale....sigh...right now it is too deep and dark in this pit and it is hard to imagine anything but pain..

Of course...imagination is all I have and it does suffice at times to just dream of a better time.

Rastagirl
04-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Okay, I had to search around and drag this one out of the archives....

But I need to know 3 things, Rob....

Your current signature line....it's by Don Henley....correct? When did he say that, or where's the quote from? Have you, perhaps, been pondering 'anger' and where it gets us? I sure have.

And how about the one from David Gilmour....words from a song, which I recognize, but can't think of the song. I've been searching through my Pink Floyd and David Gilmour stuff, but can't put my finger on it.

And then the sig line you had that read something like, 'Slap! So are ya just gonna stand there and take that Lupus, or ya gonna fight back?' It has been driving me crazy. Stubborn me...I didn't want to ask...I've just been trying to figure it out on my own. But I just cannot come up with where I heard it.

It's a line from a movie...correct?

Can you shed some light? ...please?

Lori :cool2:

rob
04-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Hey there,

The signature that I'm using right now is from the Don Henley solo album called "Inside Job". The song is called "My Thanksgiving" and it's one of my favorites. And yes, I've been pondering my anger quite a bit lately. I don't like it.

The David Gilmour one was from the Pink Floyd album "A Momentary Lapse of reason", and the song is "On the Turning Away".

The you gonna do somethin' line is from the movie Tombstone. Kurt Russell play Wyatt Earp, and he slaps Billy Bob Thornton a couple times and asks him if he's going to do something, or just stand there and bleed.

Here's the full lyrics of the Don Henley song-My Thanksgiving

Alot of things have happened, since the last time we spoke
Some of them were funny, some of 'em ain't no joke
And I trust you will forgive me, if I lay it on the line
I always thought you were a friend of mine

Sometimes I think about you
I wonder how you're doing now, and what you're going through
Cause the last time I saw you, we were playing with fire
We were loaded with passion, and a burning desire
For every breath, for every day of living
And this is my Thanksgiving

Now the trouble with you and me my friend
Is the trouble with this nation
Too many blessings, too little appreciation
And I know that kind of notion-well, it just ain't cool
So send me back to Sunday school
Because I'm tired of waiting for reason, to arrive
It's too long we've been living, these unexamined lives

I've got great expectations, I've got family and friends
I've got satisfying work, I've got a back that bends
This is my Thanksgiving

Have you noticed that an angry man, can only get so far
Until he reconciles the way he thinks things ought to be
With the way things are

Here in this fragmented world, I still believe
In learning how to give love, and how to recieve it
And I would not be among those who abuse this priviledge
Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge

And I don't mind saying that, I still love it all
I wallowed in the springtime, now I'm welcoming the fall

For every moment of joy, every hour of fear
For every winding road, that brought me here
This is my Thanksgiving

For everyone who helped me start
And for everything that broke my heart
This is my Thanksgiving

Rastagirl
04-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks Rob...for shedding some light.

And that 'My Thanksgiving' song is absolutely beautiful...I just went on Rhapsody and listened. I'm putting that one on my MP3 player tonight.

Sometimes I wonder, how do I miss these songs? There are just so many good ones out there. It's hard to keep up.

And so many groups where the members went off and did things on their own for some years. I still scramble around trying to not miss anything good. And so many great songs came out of the Eagles going their own ways for awhile. I love the comment from their 'When Hell Freezes Over' tour....when, I think it's Glenn Frey says 'And just for the record, we never broke up, we just took a really long vacation'.

Thanks for turning me on to a great new song.

Lori :cool2:

wrightrs
04-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Rob, that's so funny. That a Good one!!!

lucky7
04-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Nice Rob:thumbs-up: HUGS TO YOUXXXXXXXXXXXX