PDA

View Full Version : Hmmmm new stuff developing!

cherokee993
02-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Ok so now I'm noticing more and more that my fingers and feet are FREEZING. I am diabetic so I'm sure it could be related to diabetes as Ive had it since I was 12 and I'm 32 now. But I really think its more related to this autoimmune "soup" that I have. :) (soup for lack of a better word).

Any tips on warming up? i can't wear gloves all day LOL :):)

I also am noticing things I've read in others posts that have happened to me over the past few years but I didn't know what they belonged to:

my leg gives out occasionally at the knee
I lose my train of thought like I'm in mid sentence and grasp for the words
the cold fingers/hands/feet when everything else is warm
the all the time low core body temp (around 96ish).

I'm sure I have more to list!

I guess it makes me feel more a part of this lupus alphabet soup :)

sits_inthe_corner
02-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Hey cherokee

My hands are like ice. I do the dishes :lol:

Never thought I'd enjoy doing the dishes, but it does help for a bit.

I also do some stretches and a gentle walk on the tread mill. Get my blood moving. Warms me up for a bit.

I have polar fleece bed sheets which help alot. I don't get that cold jarring when I first get into bed and my body warms up pretty quickly.

iseedeadmonkeys
02-04-2009, 05:05 PM
lol i do the dishes too as much as i can when my hands are cold and clammy,

cheryl_v
02-04-2009, 09:29 PM
I have cold hands and feet lately too. I put muscle rub cream on hands and feet just before bed. I put cosmetic gloves and booties on after applying, they trap in heat. Keeps hands and feet warm, with plus side of keeping pain down some too.

I also stretch and try to do some on the tredmil or exercise bike, to keep the blood flowing to cold body parts.

dhyanayoga
02-05-2009, 03:14 PM
I lose words all the time. In fact, I could be in mid sentence and suddenly not remember what I was talking about.

cheryl_v
02-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Me too!! Or I'll walk into a room to get something, and completely forget what.

lucky7
02-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Me too!!!!

My kids think im crazy half the time! Im always forgetting things,places,names.......

Warm dish water is good! Who would of thought! LOL

Danica01
02-09-2009, 03:09 AM
I hate that!!!!! It always makes me look so silly but you just have to laugh ourselves :wink:

I have also had the cold hands and feet issue lately........I will go and soak in the bath tub and then jump in bed. Also, the heating pad will work a bit. Good luck and let us know if you discover and great way to heat our hands and feet!!!!!

mountaindreamer
02-09-2009, 05:21 PM
hi cherokee,

to everyone who suffers from the cold hands and feet. I found these great knitted gloves that don't have the fingers covered. Having my fingers exposed, allows me to use them, but keep the rest of my hand covered. I can pull the gloves down over my fingers when i need to.

this works pretty well for me. I found the goves at target.

share a smile today,