PDA

View Full Version : The Allergist

DrinkofWtr
02-03-2009, 04:35 PM
Well tomorrow I am going to see an allergist for evaluation purposes. I am a bit apprehensive. Don't really know why. I have been to one many years ago. At that time I had shots for pollens, grasses, and molds. Then I was told that my allergies had changed. Last time I saw one, he told me I now had environmental allergies, including dust, but not allergic to animals danders.

I am wondering what this one will say? I'll just have to wait until tomorrow to find out.

sits_inthe_corner
02-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Hey DrinkofWtr,

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow, hope they have a clue.

I'm a little jaded when it comes to allergists.

I've always had alot of problems with my hands breaking out. Especially from citrus fruit tomatoes potatoes and anything having a high acid content.

I've been to an allergist about it many times and they all said the same thing. You have no allergies. :shock:

It wasn't untill I came on this site (actually not that long ago) that I found another person who reacts the same as I do. Go figure.

I'll have to find the post because I cant remember what it's called but it's actually a skin condition.

You would thing that SOME ONE would have been able to identify this, whether it was one of the allergists or a doctor. But no.

There are even pictures of what happens to my hands. It's a relief to finally know that I'm not alone in this and to have a name for it ... even if I can't remember it at the moment :lol:

Best of luck tomorrow, let us know how you do. Hope you get some answers.

Oh I found it. Turns out it's pompholyx eczema. Bubbly itchy hot skin...little blisters that dry and crack and bleed. Very painful.

DrinkofWtr
02-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Dear Sits In The Corner:

Your eczema condition sounds awful and painful. I am sorry you have to suffer with it. My allergies are more food and environmental oriented.

sits_inthe_corner
02-04-2009, 04:26 PM
I kind of went on a ramble there with out getting around to my point :lol:

I've yet to find an allergist who knew what the heck they were talking about. If you don't fit the little tests they do then there's nothing wrong with you.

Pfft.

DrinkofWtr
02-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Well, I fit their little tests, big time, Sit In the Corner. The Dr. said, "I was one of his kind of people."

Now I just have to wait and see if the allergen mix and shots are covered by my medical plan. Luckily, I got to talk on the phone to the benefits person who is going to plead my case with the higher ups to try and get them to approve treatment for me. "Do I feel lucky?" I certainly hope so.
I will let you guys know the outcome, when I get an answer.

DrinkofWtr
02-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Just found out that allergy shots are not covered by my plan. Oh, well.

sits_inthe_corner
02-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Awww sorry to hear that DrinkofWtr, what are you going to do?

DrinkofWtr
02-07-2009, 11:05 AM
Don't know what I am going to do yet. Don't have the money to get the shots at this time.