PDA

View Full Version : Butterfly rash is full bloom

sits_inthe_corner
02-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Hello :B-fly:

My face grew increasingly tender over the afternoon. I have a whopping headache and when I looked in the mirro, der she blows, full raging sore as heck butterfly rash...ouch.

Oluwa
02-03-2009, 01:46 PM
Ouchhhhhhhhh.

Hey SITC...

Try a cold cloth on those cheeks..and being in front of the PC monitor aggravates mine, especially when I feel a bit more ill inside. I glow a fuchsia pink...

Now sign off....and rest those cheeks or pull out a Halloween mask to cover them...

Head hugs...
Love,
Oluwa

iseedeadmonkeys
02-03-2009, 02:22 PM
hey my little chicken fairy :)

im with you, my dad thought i had ring worm!! lol dont ask!
and when i checked the mirror, some malar is occuring on the left, it aint ringworm, my dr did think wpt the heck r u chatting about lol,

BTW O- i love your couch potato it makes me smile :D

sits_inthe_corner
02-03-2009, 05:09 PM
:lol: ring worm, that's funny.

Last year I went to my doctor cause I thought I had ring worm on my arm.

Her eyes bugged out when I showed her :shock: she said that's not ring worm I need to take a punch biopsy, now hold still.

Then it was my turn to :shock:

Tests came back ... malar rash...ta da.

iseedeadmonkeys
02-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Ohhhh hahaha

im not the only one :lol:
i was so embarrassed, never mind,
im gonna start wearing the sun sence
and aloe vera from here on in :D

ISDM
xx

cheryl_v
02-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Poor SITC. Hope the rash backs down for you. Rest easy and may it go away soon.

dhyanayoga
02-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Does the rash itch at all? Or is it just plain sore?

iseedeadmonkeys
02-05-2009, 03:46 PM
dhyanayoga,

It itches and it looks worse sometimes than what it actually is, but i used to find at night time it was sore

hope that answers something for you :)

ISDM
x

sits_inthe_corner
02-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Hi dhyanayoga

There are several types of rashes to watch out for.

The two I have are butterfly rash. This rash (for me) is flat and spreads out over both my cheeks and under my bottom lip on either side of my jaw.

It burns and feels chapped and raw with pain.

The other type of rash is malar. Mine was raised and bumpy, bright bright pink in colour and quite dried out to the touch.

This rash didn't really bother me, it wasn't itchy, just ugly.

dhyanayoga
02-05-2009, 08:13 PM
I guess there are all sorts of rashes associated with rheumatoid disorders. I just wondered if that typical "butterfly" rash is itchy. Mine are terribly itchy and that's why I didn't think it was lupus.... I'd seen someone with the butterfly rash and hers didn't itch. It was sore though.

dhyanayoga
02-05-2009, 10:53 PM
I have always wondered what that hot burning sensation on my face was. I thought maybe an allergic reaction, "just" fatigued, etc... but is this a common symptom?

sits_inthe_corner
02-06-2009, 05:25 PM
I learned my lesson about the sun when I was in my 20's.

With a group of friends, I went deep sea fishing. It was a BLAST! Out on a boat all day having a great time.

We are all going out that night to see a new band called Doug and the Slugs. They were really hot at the time.

We just nicely got in to the bar and POOF! :shock: Hot itchy blotchy rough bumby rash raced over my face. It felt like I had been hit with a bucket of acid.

I had to go home right away and put cold compresses on my face. I went to the doctor the next day and he said "stay OUT of the sun"

But again no explenation as to why...he just said you are not a sun person, get used to it.

Davita28
02-07-2009, 03:07 PM
i also get the butterfly rash but since i am african american it comes out black my dermatologist actually gave me a cream that i put on it when it flairs Ammonium lactate cream and it works but still use sunscreen. Mine itches and burns and feels hot to the touch.