PDA

View Full Version : Why would i be asked to change my user name?

iseedeadmonkeys
02-03-2009, 05:30 AM
Ok so ive been browsing other lupus related forums, and there is this other one (not gonna name it) its seems to be quite popular, but very confusing :? one of the people there asked me how i chose my name, and like here i explained the reason for my user name, anyway i log on there today and get an pm form one of the mods asking me to change it? why should i? ive never been asked by you guys to change my name :shock:

Is it really inappropiate to have a user name as iseedeadmonkeys??
im waiting on a reply atm, i wont be changing it :!: its not as if its summin rude or aggressive!

im really confused can anyone shed a light on this please?

much love
ISDM
xxx

iseedeadmonkeys
02-03-2009, 05:45 AM
I am actually quite upset about this whole thing tbh :(

never in my life have i been asked to change my name, its the only name i remember :!: what with having brain fogs all the time i dont think its fair to ask me to change it, i wont remember anything else

Guttted
ISDM
xx

rob
02-03-2009, 05:52 AM
ISDM,

As you know, I am a Moderator here, and I see absolutely nothing wrong with your name at all. I also know that the boss-Saysusie, loves your username. It's unique, just like you. The only thing I can figure, is that many people, when given the responsibility of being a Moderator, let the responsibility and the ability to control the various functions of a website go to their heads. They think being a Mod is all about controlling people and wielding power, when in reality, it's about wielding as little power as possible.

Many Mods like myself, are also active members of the site that they are a caretaker of, and that can also cause unwanted conflicts if that person cannot keep the two roles separate. Here, Conrad, the Admin/Owner believes very much in taking a role of remaining less visible and encourages Mods to only use their power when really necessary. That means letting folks do their thing and communicate without being screwed with by a nit-picking Mod who enforces every single site rule word for word. That's no way to run a site.

I can't tell you what you should do. I can tell you what I would do though. I would not change my name. There is no profanity or offensive content to your name, and if it is so objectionable, why did they let you sign up in the first place with that name? Do what you think is right. I'm on your side with this however you decide to handle it.

Rob
Your (hopefully humble) moderator

iseedeadmonkeys
02-03-2009, 05:59 AM
Thankyou Rob,

yes i know what you mean, i want you to see the conversations so i will copy and paste it to your inbox,

i wont be changing my name, why should i?
very much seems to me as if the mod thing has gone to some of their heads, and somewot of a bullying nature in the pms i got, i know what to do, i will fight my corner, if im deleted so be it! i know ive got you guys behind me, hmm not gonna be pushed out over a user name it sounds silly, brb
ISDM
xx

rob
02-03-2009, 06:03 AM
If they end up driving you away, they will be losing a valuable resource, and a good member. You are one of the most popular posters here, just look at the number of views and responses to your M Day and Lupus House posts. and the effort you put out over at youtube is really some great stuff as well. And, you are a good friend. I hope they see the error of their ways.

I'll take a look at the post as soon as you pm it to me.

Rob

iseedeadmonkeys
02-03-2009, 06:12 AM
Thanx again,

i did send them on to you,
i love this forum :D and i always big this site up to all my online friends with and without lupus, i used to be member of a very well known chat room on msn back in the days of having them :)
i was also a mod on there and i really enjoyed it, not casting ppl out for there usernames? pmsl! its rediculous :lol: you will see in the messages they quote a health forum lol ok , i think i will be spending more time on here, that has just put me right off, i always see this forum as my number one site to visit when i go onlin everyday, and i go on here quite a few times during the day because i love the people on here, you are in my world!

You are more than welcome to forward those pms onto ure admin and saysusie, i would love to know what they think,

anyway peace
ISDM
xx

rob
02-03-2009, 06:18 AM
Well, I read the messages. It would seem they are more concerned with applying some twisted form of political correctness than they are with helping people with Lupus communicate with each other in the most efficient way possible. It must really suck to live your life that uptite over silly things that really have no bearing on anything. Too bad for them.

cherokee993
02-03-2009, 06:57 AM
That is crazy! Why should you change your name sheesh its not a bad name at all, its interesting and unique!

How did you come up with it, if you don't mind sharing!

iseedeadmonkeys
02-03-2009, 07:17 AM
Hi cherokee993
i just copied and pasted this from a previous thread :D
hope it explains :)

iseedeadmonkeys comes from my friend who i dont see very much anymore, one night when we wasnt sober, she told me a story of a mini marching band of miniture dead monkeys, and the rest is history i hope that sorta explains the use of my name x

cherokee993
02-03-2009, 07:30 AM
LOL that great! :)

iseedeadmonkeys
02-03-2009, 07:33 AM
I am not a bad person, im very curious about everything like a small child would be lol :D

i just like to have a sence of humour, thats all :)

glad you like it

ISDM
x

Angel Oliver
02-03-2009, 07:44 AM
How strange. You keep the name i like it.I see nothing wrong with it. As if we have not got enough to worry about.You keep your name my friend. It'll be their loss and our gain if they are funny with you. Dont worry about it.

Love
Angel.xxxx

iseedeadmonkeys
02-03-2009, 09:03 AM
I gor a reply bacsically saying the members dont like it nor how i come about it lol

Bulid a bridge and get over it!! :D

x

You have been banned for the following reason:
As requested

Date the ban will be lifted: 06-03-2009, 04:00 PM

The end :(

rob
02-03-2009, 10:14 AM
I gor a reply bacsically saying the members dont like it nor how i come about it lol

Bulid a bridge and get over it!! :D

x

You have been banned for the following reason:
As requested

Date the ban will be lifted: 06-03-2009, 04:00 PM

The end :(

Iseedeadmonkeys,

Well, my reply would be something I couldn't post here, as it would probably peg the auto-censor machine! Don't sweat it. Saysusie and I love the name, and since we kinda run this place, you know you're ALWAYS welcome here.

Somebody at that site has a Little General complex. You stood your ground, and handled it in a polite way. Reach back, pat yourself on the back.

Rob
Your (hopefully humble) Moderator

Rastagirl
02-03-2009, 10:55 AM
I See Dead Monkeys.....

I like the name! Furthermore, I think that in support of our friend, iseedeadmonkeys, we should all use the name in our posts today.

What if that was a symptom of Lupus, kinda like the brain fog, only on occasion, we all saw dead monkeys? Would we be allowed to use it then?

I'm not sure who we're offending here, people that think monkeys don't die? I don't get it...........

Anyway, I hope you have a great day, iseedeadmonkeys!

(There, I used it 3 times in one post... :lol: )

Fondly,

Lori 8)

rob
02-03-2009, 11:06 AM
I See Dead Monkeys.....

I like the name! Furthermore, I think that in support of our friend, iseedeadmonkeys, we should all use the name in our posts today.

What if that was a symptom of Lupus, kinda like the brain fog, only on occasion, we all saw dead monkeys? Would we be allowed to use it then?

I'm not sure who we're offending here, people that think monkeys don't die? I don't get it...........

Anyway, I hope you have a great day, iseedeadmonkeys!

(There, I used it 3 times in one post... :lol: )

Fondly,

Lori 8)

I like the way you think Lori. You know what would be funny, if a bunch of people tried to join that other place with names like-

isee comatose monkeys

isee slightly injured monkeys

isee perfectly healthy monkeys with bad attitudes

isee monkeys with a mild limp

That would be pretty funny methinks! Alas, they probably wouldn't see the humor in it. So sad.

PS-Todays Avatar is Sophie, my Russian Blue cat.

iseedeadmonkeys
02-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Rastagirl & Rob

That has made me laugh soo much :D

xx

Rastagirl
02-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Ohhhh Rob.....

Thanks! I just got one of those laughs that comes from deep inside and you can't stop laughing....the kind that releases happy endorphins. :rofl:

Now I'm ready to tackle my day......

Oh, and iseedeadmonkeys, I'm glad I could cheer you up! :D

(I felt the need to underline it for emphasis this time)

Fondly,

Lori :P

p.s. Rob, Sophie is so beautiful. (I wish we had a smilie with cat ears and a tail that I could put right here)

BonusMom
02-03-2009, 01:32 PM
That other forum--(Looking For Attitude, perhaps??) is not a forum that you'll see me post on again. Getting uptight about someone's screen name is, in my opinion, a waste of energy and taking their MOD status just a bit far.

If you choose to use a different screen name, might I suggest: upyoursmod or maybe modfromhe** (nothing personal to our beloved mods on this board :wink: )

Sheesh!

sits_inthe_corner
02-03-2009, 01:35 PM
I can think of a few choise screen names that would get ya booted for sure :lol:

iseedeadmonkeys
02-03-2009, 02:09 PM
Im not entirely sure i ever want to go onto another forum, it really put me off big time, i wrote an email to the creator of the group, and got a reply but it annoyed so much i deleted it :x

Its a shame really people can be like that when the other percentage of us are caring and nice ppl with good nature :(

There are other more important issues out there than stressing over a bloody username, how about they treat their members nicely, as i said in my email i always treat ppl how i would expect to be treated myself,

ISDM
x

DrinkofWtr
02-03-2009, 04:20 PM
I was on a website, forget the name of it, where they would delete your posts just because they didn't like debate on the issue at hand, or your viewpoint was not that of the moderator. I wasn't asked to leave the website, but I thought was is the point of being there, if I wasn't going to be allowed "freedom of speech." I wasn't using profanity or anything of that nature so I suspect the moderator was obsessed with rules and regulation.

Anyway, it sure makes one appreciate Conrad, Say Susie, and Rob more than ever!

iseedeadmonkeys
02-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Absolutly DOW :)

I do love an old debate from time to time, and would be a bit miffed if my posts on threads were deleted over a debate lol,

Futhure more their mods should just chillaxe like our bunch :D

Spanglishqueen
02-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Hi ISEEDEADMONKEYS,

I capitalized your name 'cuz I'm shouting it out with joy :D First off let me just say it is kinda of petty when a member/mod (whoeva :) ) on site as important as a lupus site thinks it is more important to talk about users names than lupus related issues. Don't we have enough to deal with :mad: And second of all it's an awesome name and awesome story. In my younger days after lots of drinking and too many movies..I saw a Pink Dragon :lol:---still haven't lived that one down :)

iseedeadmonkeys
02-03-2009, 07:00 PM
WOW a pink dragon? now you sound like you have been to my world!

woohooo

:D :scrambleup:

cherokee993
02-03-2009, 07:02 PM
HEHEHEHEHE big belly laughs at this name Rob...

isee perfectly healthy monkeys with bad attitudes

LOL ROFL that is my name for the minute LOL tee hee hee though I think my hubby might think I'm nutso if I tell him why I am laughing! :):) Lucky for me he is engrossed in the latest episode of Heroes.

:)

Cherokee993
aka

Iseemonkeyswithbadhairdays

(hugs)

NoodleMom
02-04-2009, 07:22 AM
Hey, iseedeadmonkeys
glad you are here and not there. where ever there is.
I like monkeys even when they are dead but to see deadmonkeys marching in a deadmokeymarchingband now thats livin the high life. by the way did those deadmonkeys in the deadmonkeymarchingband have on their littledeadmonkeyheads little deadmonkeymarchingbandhats? I hope so because if they didnt their littledeadmonkeyheads would get cold and there is nothing sadder than littledeadmonkeys marching in a marching band with coldlittledeadmonkeyheads.

But I am sure that your littledeadmonkeys have toasty warm littledeadmonkeyheads.

love ya,
K

iseedeadmonkeys
02-04-2009, 10:00 AM
LMFAO hahaha that has just really made me laugh :D:D

YEs in answer to your question they were wearing little red uniforms with gold buttons black trousers and polished black shoes, wearing those black fluffy tall hats? do you know the ones i mean? and the leader is holding one of them poles, its great i love it :D

NoodleMom
02-04-2009, 03:30 PM
YES!! Thats right, thats the hat!!

Glad I could make ya laugh. :lol:

K

Saysusie
02-05-2009, 10:15 AM
ISEEDEADMONKEYS ISEEDEADMONKEYS ISEEDEADMONKEYS!!! Lets use it as loud and as often as we want!

You, your name and your reasons are all welcome here. As Rob mentioned, I love the name! I vision, however, a marching band of dead monkeys playing tambourines...kinda like the one in Phantom of the Opera.

At any rate.....you are, as I said, welcome here!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

mountaindreamer
02-05-2009, 12:11 PM
hi iseedeadmonkeys,

I decided a long time ago to write off anyone who does not like for whom I am.

I love rastagirs's response. I can see where lupus could cause to see dead monkeys.....anyway, made me laugh.

You are an incredible asset to this forum.. Glad we have all of your attention.

phyllis

narrowboatnutter
02-06-2009, 11:16 PM
hiya iedm, i saw on facebook u had probs with ur username and id thought id look on here to see what was what - as i was so into putting my piccy's on the net - i kinda forgot everything else - including shopping but nevermind ( i got a thumbs up from a proper big artist and it amazed me so much i thought i put more up to see if it was a fluke or something - but it wasnt a fluke and u know me, its all or nothing with the middle ground being something that happens to other peeps!!!) !!! i am sorry to hear some1 was nasty to u, and very happy to see that every1 here has been comforting u so well!!! some people are just sad and angry in life and they deal with it by taking it out there sad and angry feeling on other people because i think it makes them happy in some strange way to see others down, but hey its good to hear that u r bouncing back from it so well and i hope it doesnt put u off 2 much to try other things around the net, cos 1 bad apple doesnt mean the whole cart is rotton if u see what i mean!!! anyhow gotto go - i have stuffed myself up this week doing too much stuff and have got me a flare going ( stupid me , i never learn) and as such im at the end of my typing pain limit for the next while!!!!

iseedeadmonkeys
02-07-2009, 04:13 AM
Rake,

Thanx for that, i did kinda wonder where you have been hiding at, we never got to do our pub lunch with a dash of pool :lol: but im guessing im not really feeling the pub atm, the weather is still cold and im not really into drinking anymore! good news about your paintings tho, well done im proud of you! see having a flare aint all bad, you get to paint, and they are brillaint paintings i like the frogs with the ears :!:

Anyway yeah ive built a bridge and got over the user name thing :lol:
takes alot to knock me right over, i think im a weeble :shock:

Anyway everyone thankies for all your support and showing me the love, you are all one in a million :BIG:

Keep~it~real

ISEEDEADMONKEYS

admin
02-07-2009, 09:09 AM
If they want you to change it then up to you to change it or not use their board. You're on a health topic forum and have the word "deadmonkey" in your username - I don't think it's unreasonable they request a change if someone is bothered by it.

I don't like bringing complaints of another site to here so I'm going to close the thread.

If we had a member complaint here then we would ask you to change it too. Until then (if ever), have fun with the name.

In running a board, most admins main concern is keeping a comfortable environment for all users. Sometimes concessions are made.

So if a member here was bothered by the name, you would post on another board and complain about us?

I don't think they are bad and I don't think you are bad. But take a moment to see the big picture.