PDA

View Full Version : withdrawls

SandraC1983
02-03-2009, 02:00 AM
I WAS SUDDENLY TAKEN OFF ALL MY MEDICATION THANKS TO MY DUMB DOCTOR HE SAID SINCE MY LABS CAME BACK NEGATIVE I DONT NEED TO BEEN ON THE THEM I WOKE UP THIS MORNING SO SICK THE PAIN IS HORRIBLE I SUDDENLY WOKE UP WITH A TERRIBLE COLD AND I HAVE STREP S CANT EVEN EAT OR DRINK I CANT MAKE A FIST AND IM SHAKY I HAVE A FEVER OF A 102 MY FINGER TIPS ARE WHITE AND MY TOES TOO I CALLED MY RHUEMY AND HE TOLD ME NOT TO WORRY ABOUT IT WHAT NEXT

rob
02-03-2009, 06:31 AM
Hi Sandra,

If you are in need of medical attention and your Dr. Rheumo will not help then you need to go to an emergency room as well as seriously considering finding a new Dr./Rheumo. I don't understand taking you off all your meds that way, but I'm not a Dr.. It's so good to see you back, I wish you were doing better right now.

Rob

iseedeadmonkeys
02-03-2009, 06:43 AM
Sandra,

That is the most dangerous thing ive heard in a long while :shock: why would he be stripping you off all your meds?
Rob is right i would be getting to a emergency room asap,

ISDM
xx

cherokee993
02-03-2009, 06:59 AM
I would get to the ER as soon as you can and give them all the details and don't take no for an answer. Any time you have been on long term meds they should be tapered down, I can't imagine just pullng them out from under you with no taper. That is mean!

Gentle hugs!

rob
02-05-2009, 05:41 AM
Hey there Sandra,

Haven't heard from you for a few days. How are you feeling? If you get a chance, drop in and say hello. Hope you are doing OK.

Rob

Saysusie
02-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Sandra;
Like the others, I am wondering how you are. I totally agree that to suddenly discontinue all meds is bordering on malpractice!! Some meds are very dangerous to suddenly discontinue and MUST BE TAPERED!!!
Have you called another doctor to get a better response than this one. If you still have some of your meds, let us know what they are so that we can help you determine which ones should not be stopped abruptly.
Waiting to hear from you

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie