PDA

View Full Version : ok ok ok I get it......

TobyJug
02-02-2009, 06:03 AM
Well that's it I get it.....
I thought before I go into the whole going on benefits thing maybe I shud have a look this week for a driving job, I thought I am sure I can do that.... I used to dive weeks on end 18 hr days....

Now then my body says no to that too tho...

Last nite I had to go and pick up some furniture.... about 100 miles (160km) away..... when I got there I was sore as anything but cud not fit everything in so I had to drive home and then drive back again and pick up the rest....
So I drove just over 400 miles or 640 kilometers...
Everything started to hurt, my hands, my knees, my foot, my legs, my back, shoulders, neck and oh my do my wrists hurt....

After sleeping I felt even worse this morning...
I have a hard time moving at the moment....

I have to go into work tho for an hour or so after that I am going my mum in laws house and have a bath......

I suppose the snow storms I was driving through did not help but hey I get it my body is telling me that I am useless and I shud for now at least stop trying....

anyway that was my rant for now I am now going to struggle into the shower and go the office for a bit..... then have this bath lets hope I loosen up a bit because I am just too sore and have trouble moving...

oh and on top of everything I went out to take a picture of the snow and locked myself out so I had to climb up the neighbors loft and crawl across a small hole into mine and back into my house.... :(

anyway hope everyone else has a better day then me....

mountaindreamer
02-02-2009, 11:50 AM
hi tobyjug,

I have not had the chance to welcome you to the forum.....this is a great place to vent....and tell stories about climbing through small holes to get back into your locked house.

Read along, and you will find many funny "lupus brain" stories.

I too am the profession that requires driving (i am a safety director and traveled 6 states). My condition has forced me to limit my driving to a max of 5 hours, and only 3 can be done without causing extreme pain.

hand in there,,,,,make the changes that you have to....and keep the humor in your life.

share a smile today,
phyllis

DrinkofWtr
02-02-2009, 01:27 PM
Dear TobyJug:

I don't drive for a living, but I find that my mental alertness is not always the greatest with Lupus and I make errors in judgment, depending on how I am feeling. I try not to drive when I feel my brain is fuzzy, not only for myself, but for others on the road.

I had one accident, a couple of years ago, which was attributed to me, and a ticket about a year ago for an unsafe right turn at a railroad crossing, unto a street I was not very familiar with.

If you do continue to drive for a living, I would suggest be aware of mental acuity.

sits_inthe_corner
02-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Awww the joys of the lupus body.

-don't stand too long your legs will swell and get sore
-don't sit too long your hips back and knee joints will get sore.

Don't move to much, don't move to little. Doing anything for prolonged periods of time is a no no.

Lucky for me, in my job I do a little bit of everything and when my body says I've been sitting too long I can get up and go do some filing.