PDA

View Full Version : Vitamins and Supplements that help

jseda
02-01-2009, 07:22 PM
i wanted to know if anyone had any success with vitamins or supplements to help with their lupus. i have SLE and am currently on prednisone (and other meds) but my bloodwork is coming up positive again. i was on cellcept from may 2006 to nov 2008. My doc doesn't quite know what his next move will be. My case is being presented at a dr's conference and when i see my doc in 2 weeks he will let me know the next plan of action. i was juts curious as to what i could do ( besides completely c having my diet) to help with my meds. Thank you!!!

~J~

sits_inthe_corner
02-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Hey jseda

I'm on plaquenil and arthrotec75. For supplements I take omega 3 fish oil, glucosamine and vitemin D.

Do these help? mmmMMmmMmmaybe.

Bout the same time I started taking them, my twelve yr old dog came down with arthritis...BAD. He could hardly walk and yelped in pain all the time.

I was about to make the "big" decision, and I took him down to the vet.

The vet told me to try giving him the fish oil and the hydroclorsomething or another version of the glucosamine and a tylenol if he was in really bad pain.

So I rolled my eyes and say fine. Off we went home. I really didn't thing it was going to help him much cause I really don't feel that much different. Or at least I thought I didn't.

He steadily improved. He is now mobile again, hardly ever yelps. Yes he's still stiff and sore.

I know if I'm hurting than so is he, so I'll give him a tylenol.

I started to think back to what I was like when all this first started. I now I have to think, yes...they do help.

jseda
02-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Yeah i used to work at a vet's office and we used to recommend glucosamine and chondorition (sp??) for our senior doggies. i have done a little research and vit e and omega 3 (fish oil) have both come up quite a bit. i think i will give it a try... Thanks!!

~J~