PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Im new

jseda
02-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi everyone, i'm new to this site, just wanted to introduce myself.
I was diagnosed with SLE in May of 2006, when i was 19 years old, it has been a little roller coaster since then but i have a positive attitude and that is half the battle i think :D Hope everyone is well!!!!

~J~

Tootles
02-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Welcome jseda,

I am very new to the site but it is awesome. It has so much support and information/suggestions. I do agree with you positive attitude is a wonderful thing to have in this roller coaster of a disease. I am so glad to hear things are going fine for you at this time.

Always Stay Positive ~ Love,
Deb

jseda
02-02-2009, 07:46 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome Deb!!! and i hope all is well

~J~

rob
02-02-2009, 07:59 AM
Hi,

Welcome to our group Jseda. I'm Rob, and I was diagnosed with SLE 5 years ago. I think you'll like this group. Everyone is extremely understanding and supportive. Please make yourself at home here!

Rob

jseda
02-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the welcome Rob!!!

~J~

Rastagirl
02-02-2009, 08:59 AM
Hello Jseda

Wanted to send a welcome your way, as well.

I was diagnosed at age 18....have lived with this for quite awhile now. You're right about the positive attitude thing. Attitude is everything. Oh, and a sense of humor comes in handy too. :lol:

Glad you jumped on board. Looking forward to your contributions.

Fondly,

Lori :P

jseda
02-02-2009, 10:05 AM
thank you Lori for the welcome!!!!

~J~

Saysusie
02-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Hi Jseda;
Welcome to our family :lol: Our attitude can have an immense affect on our Lupus and a positive one even more so. If we allow stress to overcome us, it can do great damage to our disease and make our flare-ups much more severe. So, continue to keep a positive attitude, continue to learn all that you can about Lupus, its symptoms, its treatments, its over-lapping diseases, its medications and how it affects you! We are here to help you do all of that. I am glad that you are here :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

jseda
02-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Thank you Saysusie

mountaindreamer
02-05-2009, 10:55 AM
hi jseda,

welcome to the site. I am 56, and just diagnosed, although we b elieve that I have had since my 20s. Was probably in remission for about 10 years.

I can not imagine the toll that dealing with this disease has on young people trying to get started professionally, with families, etc. At least when I feel bad, the only one that gets deglected is my little dog Roscoe. He does not mind snoozing in bed with me for a couple of days.

Anyway, welcome, and feel free to discuss anything with us.

Phyllis

lmangusrn
02-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Welcome glad to have you on board. I am newly diagnosed just 4 months and just new to this site. So far it's been great with lots of encourgament and good wished from everyone. It's nice to have a family that understands.

lucky7
02-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi Jseda!

Just wanted to say HI and welcome! Im prettynew but i feel like im part of the family already! Its great here for so many reasons!

Glad to hear of your upbeat attitude!

Stay well :B-fly: