PDA

View Full Version : Burning sensation in my feet and ankles

iseedeadmonkeys
02-01-2009, 07:19 AM
Ive got real pain in my ankles right now :(

and my feet feel like they are being dunked into boliing water :?:

what causes this, and please dont reply with the lupus doh i know that lol :D
usually my feet are freezing :!: oh and i keep loosing the feeling in my toes too

ISDM
xx

sits_inthe_corner
02-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Gentle hugs to ya iseedeadmonkeys

Could be alot of things. You know I'm gonna tell ya to get your b utt in to see the doctor :lol:

Don't forget that our skin is an organ, and lupus affects our organs. My mother had terrible problems with her skin.

cheryl_v
02-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Annoying, but true. It can be a number of things. My mum complained of numb toes. Turned out she was border-line diabetic. I have it on rare occassions, fibro causes it. As well as the burning feel too. Unfortunately, as we all know, it can be so many things.

I also agree, see the doc.

lilmisssunshine
02-05-2009, 10:53 AM
another vote for call your doctor! but also want to add that this was my 7 yr old daughter's initial presenting symptom.....turns out it's severe raynaud's for her. she would only complain (cry or scream out of nowhere) with the re-perfusion phase, and so her poor little feet always looked red and swollen, and very very warm to HOT. over time, we learned to catch the cycle earlier, and witnessed the entire cold (blue) - colder (dead white) - super warm (red). do you see any color change or note temperature change?
we have to keep her hands and feet warm all the time. if she steps in our tile floor with bare feet, it will induce the painful spasms. she has warm packs for her hands, and warm packs with an adhesive backing to tape on her socks when the weather gets cold.
we also had to rule out so many other possibilities before starting medications to relieve this. there really are many different things that could cause this sensation. i hope that you are able to get relief soon!!!

iseedeadmonkeys
02-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanx for the tips guys
and guess what im going to see the dr tmrw about it, not the dr of my choice may i add, the one who looks at me like im on the bottom of her shoe! when i saw her last instead of actually preparing b4 you see a patient she asked what was wrong with me?? haha wait for it it gets better, what my symptoms are and how i know ive got lupus lololol anyway moving on ive got a swollen knee can this not get any better?

happy days

ISDM
x

sits_inthe_corner
02-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Ummm iseedeadmonkeys

Do you have arthritis in your knee?

mb
02-08-2009, 04:19 AM
I have the same symptoms, it is only annoying at this point! But the numbness in my hands is a hinderance. When I mention this to my Rheumy, he just suggests new medication! Humira shots are the latest and greatest, but you can't take them if you are on antibiotics...so avoid infections (try that with kids!). They work, but I am afraid they are only treating the RA and the LUPUS just flares up everytime the wind changes direction. I digress, the burning sensation is really annoying...I hear ya!

Angel Oliver
02-08-2009, 06:59 AM
My vote too is see the doctor :)

I too have those weird symptoms and yes my feet are also usually freezing yet i find if i stand in the same spot for too long my ankles and feet then burn.

Let us know how you get on.

Love
Angel.

P.s I dont have Lupus....i have M.E and other lovely ailments...not. :)

iseedeadmonkeys
02-08-2009, 08:25 AM
im going to hospital tmrw so il write a list at some point of everything i need to tell him, lol he will love me aye!!

Angel Oliver
02-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Hey dont you worry how long the the list is, that is his job to help you feel better. Hope he can help you :)

Angel.x

iseedeadmonkeys
02-08-2009, 09:47 AM
bless you thanx :)

i wonder if this time he will ask me to lay on the bed lmao :D

if only i straight it would of been mildly amusing hahaha