PDA

View Full Version : sun sensitivity: itchy skin but no rash?

derlinda
04-14-2005, 07:03 PM
wow i could just pull my skin off today. i think i'm seeing a sun sensitivity starting. today was a really sunny day and i walked in it for about 45 minutes(never had problems up to this point). by the time i got home i was sleepy and after i woke up my skin started to itch... any of you fine folks out there have this happen? i would really love to hear from you,
how long will the itching last.
good night!
melinda :cry:

sonya
04-14-2005, 08:54 PM
i'm very itchy all the time. i wasn't sure of it being sun related, however i do itch. so i'm sorry. i feel your pain. i hope things get better. i have some steroid ointment from my doc that seems to help a bit, but that only take me so far. good luck.
love sonya!

fiftyeggs
04-15-2005, 02:40 AM
I have been dealing with this problem for many years. I have found benadryl to be really helpful. Careful though, there is drowsiness with this med. Take Care.

spiritsolace
04-16-2005, 10:44 AM
I have been experiencing photosensitivity sense I was roughly 13 (I am 30 now). For me, it always happens during the first few warm months of the season and then seems to go away until the next year. I recently was out for maybe an hour total (fifteen minutes here and there) just the other day and spent the evening and most of the next day itching and very very tired. I had never experienced the fatigue with it before. But the itching is very familiar to me. I've tried Benedryl, over the counter anti-itch creams, and wearing sunscreen while I am out in the sun, but the only thing that seems to help is if I have on a fairly dense long sleeved shirt and a hat (it's my arms and face that get hit the worst.) I sweat like crazy, but itch less later :lol: .

Hope this helps.

Spirit

derlinda
04-16-2005, 01:48 PM
hi spirit,

thanks for the info. maybe that is what is going on with me, the colorado sun is just starting to really come out i hope it will fade soon.
how long have you had lupus? i'm 2 years in (sounds like jail).

have a good one,
melinda

spiritsolace
04-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Hi Melinda,

How long have I had Lupus...good question. I have not been diagnosed as of yet with anything except my Drs. know that I have some time of autoimmune disorder. I have had a positive ANA result on one of the tests that they have done and I have some kind of thyroid problem that they think is autoimmune related (they have hinted at Hashimoto's Thyroiditis). I am at the "lets test her for this" stage it seems. So with all of this not knowing business I have gone out on my own to research autoimmune disorders to see what seems to fit my symptoms. Lupus seems a dead ringer for what I am experiencing. Yeah. I almost wish it were Rheumatoid Arthritis which is what my Mom has. But I guess we don't get to choose these things.

So... to answer your question...who knows. Looking back, I have had Lupus like symptoms since I was 13. Maybe the stress I have been under lately has brought on a flare and that is why I now have more symptoms. All I know is that none of the other autoimmune disorders seem to fit as well as Lupus with what I am going through.

Guess we all go through the guessing game at one point or another.

-Kristi

trishab
05-31-2005, 11:38 AM
Kristi: I just saw your message from April. Have you gotten any diagnosis as of yet? I suspect that I have some sort of Lupus-like thing going on. I also have thyroid disease, for over 18 years now, also had a hysterectomy in 1995. Very Very tired and have looked so aged in the past 2 years it is unbelieveable. Can't get enough sleep. Have cramps in calfs and toes, have arthritis on X-ray in neck and osteopenia (sp) in past 3 years. Have lost tone mass. Does any of these things sound familiar to you? I am wondering if my blood tests show up negative for Lupus, should I just think it is "depression" as my GP says? He has no clue obviously.

Trisha B. Also, you can reach me at my e-mail address: patb@sszblaw.com

Thanks so much.

KellyD
07-18-2013, 05:41 AM
wow i could just pull my skin off today. i think i'm seeing a sun sensitivity starting. today was a really sunny day and i walked in it for about 45 minutes(never had problems up to this point). by the time i got home i was sleepy and after i woke up my skin started to itch... any of you fine folks out there have this happen? i would really love to hear from you,
how long will the itching last.
good night!
melinda :cry:

OMG, I am feeling your pain, Pulling my skin off as I type. Every time I get in the sun for any color, tanning sessions does the same thing. It started 5 years ago and I don't know why!!! I do not get a rash with this just itching. I was 45 when it stared Think it age?? Please let me know if you find anything that helps. Would like to get a light tan.

Mica
07-18-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm highly photosensitive. I wear lots of sunscreen and have blocked about all the windows in my house. I like the others found benadryl works great and recently I discovered something called Corona multi-purpose ointment, it's behind the pharmacy counter all you have to do is ask. Now I only use that and the benadryl instead of like 5 or 6 different lotions and prescription ointments.

ruziska
07-18-2013, 02:12 PM
I start out itching. Then I ache. I'm also prone to sores and they itch and ache. If I'm out in the sun too long, I totally zone out- uncomfortably numb. Lots and lots of sunscreen. I'll also feel like I've gotten a bad sunburn but my skin doesn't turn red.