PDA

View Full Version : Help with meds......

Danica01
01-31-2009, 11:33 PM
I just wanted to share this with all of you. Both my Tim and I lost our jobs and are still job less. This created a huge problem.......how were we going to pay for all of my meds? Well, on the forum under Disability, Health and Financial Problems there is a web site you can go to to get information on how to apply for your medication to be covered by the drug companies. I did this and just found out that I was accepted and I will be receiving my Lyrica and Celebrex for free :!: Both of these are pretty expensive even with insurance, so, we were very relieved :!: The other ones I received a discount for by applying. I will be receiving the rest of my meds for $20 for a years supply :!: Again, this is huge savings. I just thought that maybe someone else would like to give this a try. It is saving my thousands of dollars over the year :D

Rastagirl
02-01-2009, 01:03 AM
Danica,

Oh, I'm so sorry about both of your jobs....that is awful. That is such a huge stress on you both.

What an awesome deal!! I'm so happy for you. Getting your meds paid for, or at a discount. That's amazing.....that much savings over the year. It is so stressful to have to worry about how you're gonna pay for the prescriptions you absolutely have to have.

It's gotta make it a little easier to sleep at night for you both..... :)

I'm really happy for you. In this time when so many people are having such a hard time of it, it's good to hear some good news for a change.

Take care,

Lori :P

Danica01
02-02-2009, 02:23 AM
Thank you for your kind words :wink: It is very tough right now. We will be loosing our home in a few weeks and it has been the scariest time in my life. But, Tim and I are a team and I truly believe you see someones true colors during the toughest times and he is still as loving and supportive as ever. This help with my medicine has brought a little light back into our lives and have restored our faith in people and the help they are willing to give :D How have you been feeling lately :?:

cherokee993
02-02-2009, 09:19 AM
That is amazing that they were able to help you like that! Awesome! I'm so sorry about your job losses, I fear for my husbands job often as they are laying off frequently.

Thinking of you!

Rastagirl
02-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Danica,

I am so sorry about your home..... :cry: Wish I could give you a hug. I cannot imagine having that happen to my husband and I. You're so right about having a supportive husband through the tough times. I wouldn't be here today, if not for the love of my husband. We, too, are a team...I found out my husband's true colors during our first year of marriage when I broke my back and he had to quit his job and be my nurse. I was in a hospital bed in the dining room of our apartment for 9 months. We found out exactly what we were made of. I was only 20 and he was 23. I remember the day our money ran out, and he had to put all pride aside and go apply for welfare and food stamps. If you can survive the toughest of times together....you can get through absolutely anything after that. When we said our vows.....'in sickness and in health', it was for a lifetime. :)

Thanks for asking about my health.....I'm doing really well except since I've tapered down to only 1 mg. of Prednisone, all the years of arthritis damage that has been covered up by the steroids, is causing me some pain in my wrists. Unfortunately, my right wrist is now collapsing and twisting a bit, very slowly, so I'm starting to notice some pain at my elbow and shoulder because of it. Oh well, when you've been through a broken back and 2 hip replacements and a lifetime of pain....this is small potatoes. :D

I've been painting my Master bathroom, very slowly of course. So that's my plan for today. I'll take my time and takes lots of rest breaks so I don't overdo it. A bathroom never looks very big, until you start painting it. :lol:

Take care, Danica, and hang in there. Please tell your husband I'm sorry about the house. My heart goes out to you guys.

Fondly,

Lori 8)

p.s. I put my shades on cuz the sun is out today!