PDA

View Full Version : Sun worshiper

Spanglishqueen
01-31-2009, 01:44 PM
Okay, I keep hearing about sun rashes and to avoid the sun. This is painful to my ears, because like one of my doctors once told me "I am a sun-worshiper". I love to stay tan (I do use spf protection). I'm Hispanic and in the winter I completely bleach out so I like to look Hispanic again and I love the sun, it makes me happy :D . In the winters I have blah days and I would go to tanning beds (haven't tried it this year-lil skittish) and I felt wonderful. So I know I will have a very very hard time avoiding the sun. Is this inevitable or is it a "hit or miss" depending on the individual? And if it does happen is their a good lotion to use and still enjoy the sun?
I did have some red spots on certain parts of my arm this summer after sun exposure but it wasn't daily so not sure if it was the same thing and my rheumy said not to worry about it since it would disappear after being out of the sun that same day.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-31-2009, 01:51 PM
Hey

Dont get me wrong i love the sun too, sunny days are always better and make you feel soo happy too :)

The lupus doesnt like the sun, my face dont like the sun either,
every april when the weather gets warmer i have this hideos rash on my face, i will take some pics like i have done in the last couple of years, just to show how bad it gets, its really horrible to look at and very very itchy and tht, sun makes me more tired too, but with certain precousions i still enjoy the rays of the sun that makes me smile :)

x

sits_inthe_corner
02-01-2009, 05:11 AM
It's a gamble...for me, I could be out in the sun one day and be perfectly fine.

Then in a week or so, be out in the sun for five minutes and be sick as a dog.

Guess you have to ask yourself...do ya feel lucky? Well do ya? :lol:

DrinkofWtr
02-02-2009, 01:10 PM
I used to go in the tanning beds during the Winter. It made my arthritis feel better, but sometimes my face would break out. I was pretty sure it was due to discoid Lupus.

For the last couple of Winters, I haven't used the tanning beds. I still break out on my face. When I am on antibiotics for other things, my face clears up. Adult acne? I don't know anymore what to attribute this to, Lupus or Acne, or both?