PDA

View Full Version : cold I mean freezing cold bodyparts....

TobyJug
01-31-2009, 09:39 AM
Was just wondering if other people have this...

I have this very often, like now.... U see I am not really feeling cold I am pretty warm (apart from the occasional shiver) to be honest heating on etc...

But my hands, knees and feet are just stone cold **a rock in winter that is**

Sometimes my hands are feeling warm, even sweaty but when I touch em they are stone cold...

was just wondering if other people hav this too..........

sits_inthe_corner
01-31-2009, 10:30 AM
YEP!

I'm always cold cept when I wake up in the middle of the night and I feel like I'm on fire.

If I touch something cold or have a cold drink it goes right through me. Chills me to the bone.

Showers and hot baths take the edge off, but my core is still frozen. Most times when I think I'm running a temperature, it's not even regersting at normal, it's well below.

rob
01-31-2009, 10:53 AM
Me too, I can be really uncomfortable hot, but my hands and feet are like ice. They are hard to warm too. I soak my feet in warm water and it helps temporarily. Strange stuff.

TobyJug
01-31-2009, 12:14 PM
that's exactly it...

I am glad I am not really weird then.... :lol:

Good to hear that more people have that.....

Strange stuff indeed......

Danica01
01-31-2009, 11:51 PM
I am so happy someone else has this too :!: :!: My feet and hands are ice cold while the rest of me is either hot or just normal. I always though it was so strange :?

TobyJug
02-01-2009, 03:23 AM
I am so happy someone else has this too :!: :!: My feet and hands are ice cold while the rest of me is either hot or just normal. I always though it was so strange :?

hehe yeah I was thinking that it was strange.... lol
Now that I have posted it I found a few post about it..... :lol:

The joys of Lupus ay....

SuperGiv
02-01-2009, 07:27 AM
I get cold patches, mainly my feet and hands, but weirdly i get one on the right (my right) of my back, its freezing lol. Just have to keep warm as much as possible.

cheryl_v
02-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Me too, annoying. I feel warm, yet still get chills. My feet and hands have an ice feel to them. Others complain if my hands or feet touch them, saying it feels like I stuck ice to them. I feel shivery, and skins warm and pink. I as well think it may be a fever, but temps low too. Stays at 95-96, except when at docs. It goes to 97, so they never believe me. Once I showed 95.1 at docs, repeatedly. They gave up and claimed my ears must be cold, in july :roll: . At least I see its not just me. Sometimes I can feel the cold, like a cold ache from semurging(sp?) in ice water. Maybe poor circulation?

sits_inthe_corner
02-01-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm sure poor circulation is part of it....but I feel there's more too it than that.

After I work out and I'm hot and sweaty, my hands and feet are still frozen. And my body temperature never reaches normal.

cheryl_v
02-01-2009, 02:25 PM
And here again I thought that was just me. After workouts as well for me too. I take my temp to see if it raised, but always only by one degree.

Danica01
02-02-2009, 02:40 AM
You can say that again.......

hehe yeah I was thinking that it was strange.... lol
Now that I have posted it I found a few post about it..... :lol:

The joys of Lupus ay....

sick n tired
02-02-2009, 10:37 PM
I also have very cold hands and feet, and like SITC when I take my temp it isn't even up to normal...sometimes 96...So now that I am recovering from Pneumonia the docs are marveling that my temp has only gone to 100. and not often. They dont understand if I get to 98,6 then I have a raging fever.

I also have one time when I am burning up and that is at night...bummer

The wonders of lupus...

Angel Oliver
02-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Yes i have it too. My feet are so cold they hurt and i can shiver yet be sweating.So weird.

Love Angel.xx

cherokee993
02-03-2009, 01:24 PM
I also have very cold hands and feet, and like SITC when I take my temp it isn't even up to normal...sometimes 96...So now that I am recovering from Pneumonia the docs are marveling that my temp has only gone to 100. and not often. They dont understand if I get to 98,6 then I have a raging fever.

I also have one time when I am burning up and that is at night...bummer

The wonders of lupus...

Wow now I understand why my core body temp is so much lower than most people. When my temp is 99 I feel HORRIBLE and I know that is only a low grade fever by medical standards but my normal body temp is like 96!

Cupcakelove
02-06-2009, 01:43 AM
I could literally be wearing my warm uggs and a thick pair of socks and my feet are cold to the touch...I hate it.

definitely sounds like reynauds or poor circulation...my legs even do it when i'm sitting...like they turn from blue to white to red...

cheryl_v
02-06-2009, 06:21 AM
I was told a fever is 3 degrees above a persons normal body temp. Mine runs 96, so a fever starts at 99. My docs are unfortunately the type that base body temps of 98. So if its not 101, they don't even consider it. Maybe its time to get a new doc who's more open minded and up to date.

lucky7
02-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Hi Tobyjug!

Youre not alone! My feet were so cold one day that my husband thought my feet were dirty because of how purple they were!

TobyJug
02-07-2009, 03:17 AM
well everyone I am glad I am not alone....
I am sorry everyone has the same prob tho.... :lol:

Maggie79
02-19-2009, 12:05 AM
I have reynauds (sp?) since I was a teenager so can totally understand the cold hands and feet. I had to actaully buy a heat blanket and fleece blankets for my bed because the cold used to literally tourture me at night. I would be laying in bed shivering, unable to get warm even with the heater on. Sometimes my lips even turn blue, that really freaks people out!

I now try to carry gloves with me all the time and keep my core warym.

gina
02-19-2009, 06:02 AM
My hands and feet are mostly always cold, even when i wake up in middle of nite in sweats, my hands are still cold. its nice to know other people have this too. thought i was nuts sweating at nite and hands cold as ice.

BonusMom
02-19-2009, 10:36 AM
When I asked my rheumy about this wonderful feature, she told me it was "autonomic neuropathy" and very common with AI disorders.