PDA

View Full Version : Hot flash?

Spanglishqueen
01-31-2009, 07:15 AM
Okay for the last month I have been extremely hot not just feverish and perspiration but flushed and tight face hot. It's funny because I was helping out on a committee at work and an older woman 50+ said "they should turn the air on in here" I said yes I am extremely hot she said "oh no it's just me I get hot flashes" and I said no I am really hot too my face is burning up and she assured me it was just her and the hot flashes. :D
So I knoooow I am not at the hot flash age yet but why do I feel like I have hot flashes? :lol:
It has been very uncomfortable sleeping I get sooo hot and then I throw the sheets and comforter to the side…..then I get cold put them back on and so on and so on :) We've been in the neg. numbers for temperature here and I have found myself having to unbutton my coat or drive with the windows down...if I keep that up I will have to go the pneumonia forum :lol:

Just curious does any one else get this especially females under menopause age?

scubagramplit
01-31-2009, 07:50 AM
I went thru about a four day flare a couple of weeks ago, I would be wrapped up in a quilt for about fourty five minutes then throw it off and would be dripping sweat for about ten minutes then start thru the whole cycle again, glad that one is over!

Rastagirl
01-31-2009, 09:56 AM
When I was doing a little research on adrenal glands recently, I believe I read that can be a sign of overtaxed adrenal glands....ones that are trying to produce more cortisone....or your thyroid acting up.

But don't quote me on this though......

You might try googling it. ('adrenal glands' or 'body can't regulate temperature').....I think that's how I found it.

I'll have to check on it later....gotta big day and last minute things to do....an awards banquet for my husband's racing group tonight.

Ill google when I'm home tonight.....

Lori :P

Meow Hippie Pants
01-31-2009, 07:15 PM
Oh how I feel for you! I really, really do! I'm 23 years old and have even been picked on by my Mom saying that my "hot flashes" are worse than her's, HaHa! I also tend to feel overly warm and like my face is roasting when everyone else is huddled up trying to stay warm. I have noticed that these "flashes" are definitely more frequent and intense when I'm going through a flare, but are not always limited to just those bad days. I have nights when I wake up so soaked in sweat that not only do I have to change my pajamas, but the pillowcase and sheets as well! The first time it happened, I was honestly confused as to what the heck had happened! 'Did I pee my pants? No, it can't be pee because the collar of my shirt is soaked. Hmm mm, did I go to bed with my hair wet? Um, no, that doesn't explain my sopping sleep shorts.' You know, those millasecond trying-to-make-sense-of-it thoughts that run through your head. In the end, I quickly decided that waking up soaking in sweat and shivering was NOT fun and hopefully a one time freak thing. Unfortunately, this was the first of many "night sweats". I've talked to my Rhuemy about this embarrasing symptom, and she said that it's not abnormal for patients with Lupus to have those types of "hot flashes". However, she also said that taking the anti-depressant Effexor [which I do take, and have for a few years] highly increases the chances of the "night sweats"/"hot flashes". So, even if you are not taking Effexor, you're still not alone, other people out there with Lupus have experienced the same thing. Unlucky for us, my Doc told me that there's not a whole lot that can be done to control these pain-in-the-butt personal heatwaves. Due to the embarassment of sweat marks on my shirt in any area in which it had come in contact with my overly sweaty body, I have recently opted for the baby powder my entire body and extra deoderant routine. It's not even the smell of body odor that is a problem, it's just the presperation. Ugh, it even beads up on my face, my makeup runs, and my hair goes from fab to holy grease ball! My game plan does change however should there be an event coming up that I know is going to put me in an enviroment where I'm going to go all red faced. Not only do I dress for summer during the winter months under my fluffy coat, but I have found that deoderant works great in other places than just armpits! So, can anyone tell how long I've been pre-pre-pre-pre-menapausing? LoL! Once again I better wrap up this novel, because you all have already learned I can't write just a simple yes or no answer. Ha Ha! Closing line: No. You are not the only one :wink:

justomegirlindallas
01-31-2009, 10:36 PM
When I have a hot flash and am caught fanning myself I just politely say that I'm having a personal summer. It reduces the embarrassment by making some humor.

My hot flashes are thyroid related.

sits_inthe_corner
02-01-2009, 05:13 AM
It is winter....I love my hotflashes during the winter...send all you unwanted hot flashes to me in Nova Scotia :twisted:

lucky7
02-04-2009, 01:49 PM
My husband thinks im nuts because i"ll open the window when its 10 degrees out because im so hot!

I hate the summer because its embarrasing how sweaty i get!

Then there are the times when i get such cold hands and feet that no one wants me to touch them! Thats while my face is so flushed and itchy too!

My bodys all over the place these days! :mad: