PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have auto immune hepitis?

ethanandrew
01-30-2009, 06:46 PM
over a year ago my liver enzymes were 1900. now i have cirrhosis of the liver. i hear alot of lupus peaple have kidney problems. lupus attacked my lungs, heart and liver

Bama
02-01-2009, 06:04 PM
I have Lupus and (AIH) Autoimmune Hepatitis. Luckily my AIH is very mild and is controlled well with the drugs I take to keep Lupus under control (100 mg Imuran 7.5 mg of Prednisone and 400 mg of Plaquinel). So far I have been able to avoid a liver biopsy because I was on blood thinners for a blood clot due to APS when they discovered the AIH. By the time I was off the blood thinners, they decided to let me be since I was on the drugs they would use to treat AIH and my liver enzymes had returned to normal.

I believe it is possible for Lupus to affect the liver, however it is usually the one organ that Lupus spares.

Check out this link on Lupus and the liver:
http://pbcers.org/livdis2.htm

Most people with AIH as opposed to Lupus liver involvement will have a positive ASMA (anti-smooth muscle antibody) as well as a positive ANA. I have both a positive ANA and a positive ASMA. The only AIH message board that I have found is from the UK and currently the sever must be down, but here is the link.

www.autoimmunehepatitis.co.uk/

ethanandrew
02-02-2009, 03:51 AM
thankyou for your imput. i have alot of scaring in the biluary tract (cant spell!) of my liver. if my liver emzymes would not come down they were going to put me on a transplant list.
thanks agian

Bama
02-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Sorry to hear that your liver problems have progressed so far. What medications do they have you on? Have you had a liver biopsy?

sick n tired
02-02-2009, 08:08 PM
I also have a mild case of autoimmune hepatitis...right now it is my lungs that are causing some problems, though...the liver is in remission, I think.

So sorry to hear you are having more bad times Ethanandrew.

ethanandrew
02-03-2009, 06:13 AM
I had a liver biopsy and thats were they saw th scaring in the biluary tract of my liver. My liver enzymes have been normal for almost a year, Iam slowly being weaned off prendisone. I down to 4 mgs. per day I was taking 60 mgs for about 4 months then 30 then 20. I take emuran, praqinal,effexor,klonopine, tramedol, and oxycodone for break threw pain. Iam a srtong person and will continue to fight this disease. I go to physical therapy and also see a therapist. Iam having trouble with the anger of such a big life change. I was in second semester nursing clinicals when I became sick

sick n tired
02-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Oh Hun,
I am so sorry to hear all that. I know the anger, though. We are well acquainted, unfortunately.
One person who is a friend was a head nurse when she became ill (lupus). She is changing tracks and going to school to be an advocate...i think. It still is in the med field, just less on your feet.
In time, perhaps you will be able to re-invent yourself, too.