PDA

View Full Version : How can I tell if my pain is joint pain?

Spanglishqueen
01-30-2009, 03:49 PM
I have pain in my body that feels like the muscles have been fatigued and then the pain seems to weigh down and it feels like my actual bones hurt. At times my feet and hands feel tight and puffy and sometimes it hurts to move the digits. Lately I have been experiencing pain after prolonged sitting (All I do is sit at work) it feels like the veins in my legs are bursting and like I am cramping after a hard run--I only run in my sleep now so should be no cramping :D. I was walking today and my leg buckled. I have had 2 occasions of "buckling leg syndrome" I'm creating names as I go :).
I do take Advil and such for the pains and it helps a little so does a shot of tequila :lol: but seriously just kinda curious when I describe my pains to the docs they say that's not joint pain.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-30-2009, 04:17 PM
well im no dr but that certainly sounds like the kinda joint pain i get,

describe it to your dr tell them the symptoms im telling you i say allsorts to my consultant and gp they are used to me now trying to describe summin to them lol randomly trying to explain whats happens when i put my leg over the bath tub.................but thts a diff story, anyway write down pains that you experience then take them with you next time you visit

peace out
xx

sits_inthe_corner
01-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Hey Spanglish

Feel around your bare knee cap. If you feel a hotspot, an area warmer that the rest of the knee....it's joints.

Also just under the knee cap...if there is puffyness, push gently on the puffy part, if another area puffs up when you push...that's fluid around your knee. Your body will send fluid to sore joints to "protect" them.

Go to your doctor...get examined. That's the only way you know for sure.

A couple of years ago, I started having pain in my feet. I could hardly walk when I first got out of the bed in the morning. The bones in my feet felt like they were going to snap.

Then my knees started, then my rib cage, my jaw, my hands....sigh.

cherokee993
01-30-2009, 10:36 PM
That sounds exactly like the pain I have in my joints.

SuperGiv
02-08-2009, 04:11 PM
Sounds similar to my joint pain. Usually my muscle pain is like a tightening and tiredness, whereas my joints is more feels like i've ran ten miles uphill, and it feels as if the bones have been rubbing together. I hate my knees!! I also had a few leg giving ways, on when i was at Alton Towers. Bit embarassing hehe