PDA

View Full Version : Raynauds issue help please

SuperGiv
01-30-2009, 01:26 PM
I have raynauds, and at the moment my arms really hurting (typing with the other hand :P) and feels like when you get the rush after a dead arm, but its been doing it all day. Also, my hands have gone all raynaudy, i.e. there all funny colours and my veins are coming near the surface of my skin.

Just wondered, is the pain im getting in my arm common with raynauds or should i get it checked up cause could be not related to the raynauds (im in a really warm flat so isn't the cold triggering it)

thanks for any advice :)

iseedeadmonkeys
01-30-2009, 02:14 PM
deffo get it checked out hun :)

i would

xx

Moxie
01-31-2009, 05:04 AM
Get it checked out now! Could be anything from nothing to a heart attack/stroke.

Anything is possible, however, it does not sound like the Raynauds I know and love.

TobyJug
01-31-2009, 05:30 AM
hey yeh I am with the other ones on this get it checked...

:P

SuperGiv
01-31-2009, 06:16 AM
the pains gone now :S woke up this morning and was perfectly fine....

o how i love this strange illness *sarcasm*

Danica01
01-31-2009, 11:48 PM
I am so glad it is gone but I would still contact your doctor and let them know what you were feeling. They may need to look at a few things. It is always better to ask than to ignore :wink:

ashleybaby715
03-18-2009, 04:47 AM
i've never had pain in my arms from raynauds... just the whole numb/then tingley feeling in my fingers... and the color change too.
i would ask your doctor about it....

Michele572
03-26-2009, 07:44 AM
Hi Ashley,
I was just diagnosed at the end of Jan. and probably would haven't been if not for the raynauds that started Jan 12. I just had a quick question. Does it go away if your in remission? I have been getting better since my first major flare in Feb. and was put on the plaqunil in Jan so I think I might be headed for a remission, but my raynauds has been worst then ever this last two weeks. My hands are either white or blue the only time their normal is at night while sleeping. I hope thing will get better with summer, let me knwo if you've had that experiance too.
Thanks so much
Michele

jleigh
03-26-2009, 05:52 PM
I haven't been diagnosed yet, but I was wondering... my finger NAILS turn blue/purple when I'm cold (and I practically am always cold!).. is this raynauds?

catsisco
03-27-2009, 08:37 AM
I have had the pain, along with the veiny and tingling and yeah it is prett painful. In my experience, and this is only what I think is happening, the pain comes when I try to use the muscles too much in my arms during a raynauds flare. It is like a combo of the rush after a dead arm and a charlie horse pain. I am glad it is gone for now and you should chceck it with the Dr just to make sure it isn't something else completely different.

good luck

luvpinkpeeps
04-03-2009, 09:43 AM
my daughter was just diagnosed with Raynaud's and her fingers hurt terribly sometimes.

We bought a pair of cheap knit gloves and cut the very tips off so she could still do things while wearing them.

lucky7
04-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Hi Jleigh! Thats a good question because i get the same thing but i havent had ANYONE(my drs.) mention Raynauds to me but then of course they think im just "too stressed" and that's why i'm experiencing ALL these symptoms, including, mind you, the butterfly rash, a low white blood cell count(twice) ,ulcers in my nose(as well as elsewhere) :shhh:,and all of my other 50 symptoms that have occured at one time or another for yrs now. This is what i say to the drs:raspberry1:LOL

mortifiedat52
04-04-2009, 05:32 AM
i get reynaud's and also have experience pain up to the shoulder in my right arm.. but generally, it's not the entire arm.. it feels more like a single artery or vein or nerve acting up.. like a single thread tingling.. but like yours, it went away after a few days..

it always seems that i get these types of strange and alarming symptoms on the weekends at night.. can't tell you how many times i've taken a pain killer and gone to bed worried about what condition i might find myself in the next morning...