PDA

View Full Version : Had some good news today

sits_inthe_corner
01-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Since Jan 1rst, we have been saddly short staffed at work and it's been very hard on me mentally and physically.

My co worker who has been off with some serious spinal issues is returning to work part time. YAH!

I'm afraid that she might be returning a little too quickly, but time will tell. She has been in a lot of pain and not responding well to treatments. I am hoping to take a couple of days off in two weeks time.

I will not take the time if she's not coping well. I just don't think it fair to take off and leave her holding the bag if she's not up to it.

But I could really really use some down time.

Just call me hopeful :)

rob
01-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Ok Hopeful,

I think you deserve a 2 week vacation, not just a couple of days off. Hope you get the downtime you need. Get any snow over your way? We got about 2 feet last night. Today I fired up my brand new Briggs and Stratton Snowblower for the first time. I yanked the pull start and it came to life with an authoritative roar. I engaged the auger, and it devoured everything in it's path, shooting a plume of white stuff 30 feet in the air. I howled in a very Tim Allen-ish fashion, delighted in the display of raw horsepower I had just witnessed, and for one brief moment, all was right with the world.

Have you replaced your stolen snowblower yet? The thief should be sentenced to a lifetime of clearing out your driveway the old fashioned way, with a shovel. Anyway, I hope all is well with you.

Rob

Angel Oliver
01-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Oh what a kind and thoughtful person you are. I hope you get your rest time soon so you can refuel and relax too.

Love Angel.xx

sits_inthe_corner
01-30-2009, 03:03 PM
:lol: Gawd Rob...you such a guy....laughing here.

Yes we had a dump of snow, more coming tomorrow. Our problem is it turns to rain ontop of the snow then we have a flash freeze :shock:

Hubby has a brand new snow blower as well, as the old one was stolen...sigh. Can't tell ya what make it is as I am such a girlie girl :lol: but it is red :)

Thanks Angel

I'm hoping a 4 day weekend will get the kinks out of my giddy up.

Rastagirl
01-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Oh Sits.....

I, too, hope you get some R&R this weekend. And possibly a few more days here and there if your coworker is up to the tasks.

If she gets up to speed and can handle things, might you be able to at least have a week off? Maybe in the near future?

Okay, excuse my post here if it goes awry.....my dang computer is juryrigged and the cord connection is cutting me out here and there.....my computer hard drive was destroyed by a nasty virus worm that imploded my hard drive last week (I hope there is a special place in a corner of hell for the jerks that create viruses) :evil: I'm sorry, was that too harsh? Anyway, my husband (software engineer, CTO) brought home a laptop that I can use for now. Can't afford to fix things properly right now, as he just took a 15% paycut at work so nobody would have to be laid off.

Sorry for getting off track, Sits. I'll be hoping for a nice, relaxing, symptom-free weekend for ya. Enjoy!

Fondly,

Lori :P

p.s. I'm a girly girl as well, and the first thing I notice on machinery is whether the colors match my outfit so I'll look good using it. :lol:

Oluwa
01-30-2009, 06:23 PM
Susan...

I'd take the 4 day weekend and not look back. Enjoy it guilt free...

Head hugs,
Love...
Oluwa

sits_inthe_corner
01-30-2009, 06:29 PM
Awww Rastagirl

Sorry to hear about your computer issues. Mine needs a tune up too. Trying to scrap up enough money to take it in.

It's going to be a rough ride for alot of folks. We got an email at work yesterday from one of the top CEO's saying that all of the directors have taken a pay cut in order to help with the financial stability of the company :shock: and that they are trying to avoid lay offs.

We've been through recessions before, but this is a nasty one.

Head Hugs to you Oluwa, and I will :lol: the only thing that will stop me from taking the time is if my co worker is truely struggling. At least I will have a full week to help her ease back into it. I should know by wednesday or thursday if my long weekend is going to happen or not.

Rastagirl
01-31-2009, 12:26 AM
Sorry guys. I have to apologize. I cannot believe I said such a mean thing about the virus creators. I'm a Christian. I'm supposed to love, not wish someone to hell.

When I walked away from the computer for awhile and calmed down, I realized what I had said.

Please forgive me...........

I just get so frustrated at them for wasting so many people's $'s. I've watched my husband spend hours trying to debug our computers at home and ones where he works also.

Night...........

Rastagirl :P

sits_inthe_corner
01-31-2009, 03:34 AM
Awww Rastagirl

I've wished the same thing on their rotten little *asses many times :lol:

I figure what goes around comes around, eventually. Though we might not get to watch them pay for their behavior, I believe they will in the long run.

Spanglishqueen
01-31-2009, 07:23 AM
Sitsn,

I hope your co-worker is feeling good and able to fly solo while you take a break. But it's no good to go if you are gonna sit at home and worry about your co-worker and not yourself. Hope she is able to handle it so you can get your emotional and physical relaxation. :rainbowafro:

hatlady
01-31-2009, 12:50 PM
Sits, you DESERVE a bit of time off - go for it! At least a 4 day week next week, if your coworker is up to a day without you. Remember, you need time too!

Rastagirl, I have to agree with you about virus creators. They DO deserve a very hot corner of hades. What kind of twisted mind can come up with such things - harming people they don't even know, on purpose?! :evil:

Rob, I can just hear - AND SEE - that yell. Along with the fist-pumps you must have done. MORE POWER! :lol: And much needed out your way lately.....

We've still got about 6-9 inches of snow on the ground, but the sun is strong today and I think it is about 30 degrees. We might (oh please!) start seeing some melt. We won't know how to act...