PDA

View Full Version : dry mouth & eyes, yipes! help..

derlinda
04-13-2005, 08:20 PM
:oops: please if you have any feedback i would really love it.
my mouth becomes so dry that i have a very hard time talking and i gag on my food, it wakes me in the middle of the night but no mater how much water i drink there is no relief, i'm really getting to know the bathroom!
my eyes burn all the time, no more contacts for me. my doc has given me meds to create more spit and tears, but the side effect are really hard.
has this happen to you? will it come and go like other lupus stuff? i really feel hopless and frightened.
thank you,
melinda

TracyDawn
04-14-2005, 05:36 AM
{{{HUG}}} That sounds horrible. I hope you have talked to your dr about how bad it has become??? I hope you find something that works and soon cause that is certainly no way to live. :( I don't have the dry mouth, it's my eyes that are the problem. Most days I look like I have a bad case of pink eye cause they get so red and irritated from being dry. Dh found me this Visine that has extra moisturizing in it. Seems to work pretty well if I use it several times a day. Burns like hades when I first put it in tho since my eyes aren't used to the extra "water" in there, but it's really quick and then they start to feel a little better. Have you tried anything like that?{{HUG}} Hope you feel better.

derlinda
04-14-2005, 06:22 AM
thank you so much for the reply, i will pick up the drops you suggested. have you tryed the new tear producins med called restasis, works for 12 hours. everytime a new problem shows up i go through a really bad depression, untill i come to exceptance. how do you handle it when new lupus problems begin? happy thursday!
melinda

TracyDawn
04-14-2005, 08:43 AM
LOL That is a tough one. Usually my attitude is just, o well just something else to deal with. It's not something I can change ya know? So I try hard not to worry too much about the what if's? that's certainly not saying I never get down about my situation. The hardest part is the effects it has on my family. Like not being able to go outside with my son all the time, or cuddling (or even sex) with dh whenever we actually have the time. Some days when the pain is really moving through me I don't even want to be touched much less anything else. :( Dh and I have been together for 8 years next month, married 7.5, and he is just now really accepting that there are some things I can't do no matter how much I might want. It's been a hard road and definitely rocky at times, but we've stuck it out and our marriage is becoming stronger as a result. :)
I haven't tried those drops you mentioned but if the visine quits working I'll definitely ask my dr about it. Thanks for the suggestion. :)
Have a great day!!!!