PDA

View Full Version : New member

Forbidden3
01-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Hello Everybody my name is Evelyn i am 22 years old, i was diagnosed with lupus on January 2006 , when i was pregnant and i had a miscarriage cuz of this disease, so am here cuz i would like to know more about other ppl whos been diagnosed with lupus and that they really know how i feel so i wont feel stupid when someone ask me how i feel and i dont really have to lie about that saying that i feel good when inside am thinking i feel like crap :) ...

Spanglishqueen
01-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Welcome,

Sorry you've had a rough time! I am extremely new to this and still yet to be diagnosed. So I know I am only 32 yet feel 92 look 102 at times :D
You are not alone I have posted many things on this site, since discovering it on Sunday and everyone is extremely compassionate and empathetic. You have come to the right place ---WELCOME!

sits_inthe_corner
01-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Welcome Forbidden3

Glad you found us :)

It's hard to explain that your feel like death warmed over when you "look" perfectly fine.

If even if pain is visible on my face, my family and co workers expect me to just carry on and do my normal stuff, when all I can think about is curling up with a blanket and a pillow and hiding away.

This board is heaven sent, it's nice to come someplace where the people are willing to share a piece of cheese and let me whine :)

Forbidden3
01-28-2009, 06:17 PM
aww thanks honey :D

Forbidden3
01-28-2009, 06:22 PM
sits_inthe_corner thanks and dats exactly how i feel all da time is good to know da am not da only one who feels like da

KathyW1958
01-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Hi Evelyn,
Welcome to the site. This is a great site with really good folks that come in here. My name is Kathy. I am 50 years old and have had SLE, Lupus they believe since the age of 5 years old, however I did not get diagnosed until I was 36. It is a long story, but I could not get the doctors to listen to me and the Lupus nearly killed me by the time that I got diagnosed. I know how you feel when you look perfectly healthy and you feel like crap, or when you tell someone how you feel they don't believe you. Been there done that. Here we all care for you and about you. I hope that you keep posting.

Hugs,
Kathy

Saysusie
01-29-2009, 08:11 AM
Hello Forbidden :lol:
As you can see, you've come to the right place to be amongst people who understand what you are going through and who can make sure that you do not feel alone.
You will find that everyone here is very willing to provide answers, give you information, give suggestions, and-most of all-give you support, comfort and understanding. I am glad that you found us :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Rastagirl
01-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Just wanted to add my welcome, as well, Evelyn... :D

I've had Lupus for 27 years, diagnosed in my teens. I am so very sorry that you had a miscarriage. I've been through that and it is heartbreaking. :cry: Gentle hugs to you.......

But don't give up hope. I have been in remission now for 12 years. It is so important that you find a good doctor that you trust, that listens to you, and works with you to find the right treatment to bring things in control.

As others have said, you are not alone! And you have found a place with caring, compassionate people that know exactly what you are going through. There is always someone here that will listen, provide answers to your questions, and enourage you.

Glad you joined us.

Fondly,

Lori :P