PDA

View Full Version : ANA laboratory of my sis is now negative.

septbaby031
01-28-2009, 04:27 AM
Doctors the lupus is gone becaus eit is already negative. can someone explain to me what does it exactly mean? Thanks! :D

Saysusie
01-28-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm not sure what your question is? Are the doctors saying that your sister no longer has Lupus because her ANA is now negative?

Was she taking medication for her Lupus prior to this recent lab result?
If so, what medications was she taking?
Lupus is a chronic disease, meaning that it NEVER goes away. However, we can achieve a state of remission where our lab results are negative and our symptoms are minimal. Remission can last for days or for years, but the underlying disease is still there...it is just dormant and may not need medications.

I hope I've answered your question. Let me know if you need more information.

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

iseedeadmonkeys
01-28-2009, 01:20 PM
My ana results come up diff every time i have bloods taken, sometimes they come back neg and sometimes pos, its just depends, i have sle lupus no matter what the resluts come in,

ISDM x

septbaby031
01-28-2009, 09:51 PM
Thanks for reply. :D so that explains everything. lupus is still there even the ANA is negative. Thanks for info!

Hugs,

Joie

Patty13637
06-29-2009, 01:49 PM
Yep my ANA goes from post to neg all the time.

Patty

MicRoMediC
06-29-2009, 02:01 PM
My ANA has always been 740 for as long as they've tested it (over 10 years). I've never tested negative. I have heard of false positives though.

Peridot20_Gem
05-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi Joie,

Lupus and autoimmune Diseases play with the blood system, so it fluctuates different readings everytime.

Your sister's ANA may actually be positive but how the bloods work how i've explained you get false reading.

Hugs to you and your sister plus thanks for asking us.

Terri xxx