PDA

View Full Version : Anybody used Voltaren Gel?

Y.T.
01-27-2009, 01:12 PM
I have had problems with left hand swelling,hurting.. I've had three shots in palm with cortisone, , which didn't work.. Lasted about three weeks, pain never really left. Rhumey is uping my prednisone dose, and added a gel that I put on my middle finger to get rid of pain.. Seems a bit hoaky, but I'll try it.. Any one had the pleasure of using this stuff??

Y.T.

cptnblah
01-27-2009, 02:57 PM
The only thing that I know about here is that you have to watch out for the cort injections cause they can thin out the skin aroung the injection site. I had a doc that would not do those except for very bad situations.
Again...that is what he told me. I have never heard of that other med.

When my hands start to swell, it is a sign to me that a flare is coming on and that I will have a very rough morning the following day.

Good luck.

sits_inthe_corner
01-27-2009, 03:53 PM
Hi Y.T.

I used and anti inflamatory gel on my knee :P

It ate the skin right off my knee cap. So I just use ice packs and tensor knee braces and compression socks. I believe they make them for hands and arms too.

Davita28
02-07-2009, 03:34 AM
I have used Voltaren gel for my wrist I have had 2 cortisone shots the first time it didnt work and the second was ok but the gel does work a little but not really its worth a try.

Danica01
02-09-2009, 02:18 AM
I was wondering if you suffered also from numbness in the hands? Every morning when I wake up I have severe pain through out my entire right arm and hand and both of my hands are numb. This is very new to me and it is horrible right now........I am not sure what to do about it. Any advice?????

I have had problems with left hand swelling,hurting.. I've had three shots in palm with cortisone, , which didn't work.. Lasted about three weeks, pain never really left. Rhumey is uping my prednisone dose, and added a gel that I put on my middle finger to get rid of pain.. Seems a bit hoaky, but I'll try it.. Any one had the pleasure of using this stuff??

Y.T.