PDA

View Full Version : Lipitor for SLE? Current clinical trials

doministic
01-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Hi I was looking at the clinicaltrials.gov website today and noticed that that a new trial was added to the registry. They are not yet recruiting for it but they will be giving patients the drug Lipitor (atorvastatin) which has been previously shown to be beneficial in some lupus and Rheumatoid arthritis patients. For those who don't know, Lipitor is a drug normally used to lower cholesterol and prevent future cardiovascular events from occuring.

Just out of curiousity was wondering if anybody knew more about this at all? And has anybody been prescribed Lipitor by their physician and did you notice any improvement with your lupus after you started taking it?

Saysusie
01-28-2009, 01:04 PM
This is the first I've heard of Lipitor being used for treatment of Lupus. Actually, the only connection I've heard between the two is that Lipitor can cause drug-induced Lupus :lol: So, I'm really curious about how it can treat symptoms?

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Danica01
01-31-2009, 11:12 PM
That is really interesting, especially because it can cause drug induced Lupus. Keep us posted on what you find :D