PDA

View Full Version : tingling in my upper thigh

seafoam
01-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Here's a new symptom - I have a weird pins and needles feeling in my upper thigh - feels like cold needle pricks in my leg and it is kinda numb. Since I blame everything on my Lupus.....just wondering if others have numbness. It has been happening for about 4 months now and most of my other lupus symptoms are under control - Plaquinil and Immeran.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-26-2009, 11:12 AM
hey seafoam :D

i have pins and needles in my thigh and hips, when i go to bed, this is my lupus and not the drugs as ive had it before i got my diagnosis,

welcome to the forum tho

x

sits_inthe_corner
01-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Hi seafoam, nice to meet you.

This sounds like something you should tell your doctor about...yah it could be lupus, but it could also be alot of other things. Best to get it checked out.

Hope you feel better soon, let us know how things go.

mountaindreamer
01-27-2009, 05:30 AM
hi seafoam,

my thighs constantly feel like someone has set a heavy weight accross them and the pressure is very painful. I also suffer with Interstitial Cystitis (bladder disease), and the journals say that it is common for patients with this disease to experience pain down the thighs.

I too have most of my lupus symptoms under some control, but this pain continues to plague me. I don't know if it is lupus, IC, or something else, but I do know it is there.....always.

good luck, maybe together we can find an answer, and more importantly, some relief.

phyllis

mnjodette
01-31-2009, 03:26 PM
I have a peripheral neuropathy that has those same symptoms in my right thigh. I've had it for about 2 1/2 years now, and it's healed some, but probably never will completely. Mine WAS lupus (inflammation got to a blood vessel that fed a peripheral nerve - voila! neuropathy). BUT your symptoms may mean something else, so I second the motion. Ask your doc to check it out. If they suspect neuropathy, you'll be asked to take a nerve conduction test to see what's happening there. Good luck!

Jody