PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for bogus "cures"

rob
01-24-2009, 07:02 AM
Hello everyone,

In the past week, I have had to delete the posts of two separate new "members" who were here spamming and talking about how the latest greatest "miracle cure" has totally cured them of Lupus. One of them is made up by a "Dr." who boasts that "water fasting" will cure Lupus in two weeks, all you have to do is buy his book for $54.95 and all will be right with the world. These people are advocating something extremely dangerous-stopping all medications, and then starving yourself. This particular Dr. is telling people to actually stop taking plaquenil and prednisone and any other medication, even saying that plaquenil can cause cancer. This is pure 100% BULL.

Now, I realize that most of us can spot this stuff easily, and not get taken in by their false claims. But, I have seen some very reasonable, and intelligent people get pulled into these scams because they are afraid, frustrated, suffering from insomnia and fog thick enough to dull even the sharpest mind, and they are desperate. And that's what makes these frauds the lowest of the low in my opinion, they prey upon people who are at their very worst and are vulnerable.

I'm not saying not to look into other treatment options, but beware of anyone who would tell you to stop taking your meds in favor of their bogus cure. Thanks everyone!

Rob

mountaindreamer
01-24-2009, 07:32 AM
good morning rob,

thanks for watching out for us. I too am disgusted by people who prey on the desperate, but i guess that is how they make their money.

just wanted to say good morning and hi,

phyllis

iseedeadmonkeys
01-24-2009, 08:27 AM
I would like to second what Rob says

As a couple of weeks ago on here i also fell victim to one of these bogus claims!

BIG IT UP ROB :D

KathyW1958
01-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Hi Rob,
Thank you for spotting these idiots and getting rid of their rotten posts. I know my doctor told me to not believe there is a cure until or unless he tells me himself that there is a cure. I love to tell people that pull this crap off big time. Believe me I don't mix my words either. Thanks again though for spotting them and getting rid of their posts.

Hugs,
Kathy

sits_inthe_corner
01-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Thanks Rob,

Hugging my plaquenil to me....

Yes my preciousssssssssss

rob
01-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Thanks Rob,

Hugging my plaquenil to me....

Yes my preciousssssssssss

Better keep a close eye on your Plaquenil Smigel, don't let

any of those nastly little Hobbitses get their hands on it!