PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas

2lupie
01-23-2009, 02:30 PM
I have had Lupus since 1993. I live in Las Vegas and there are no support groups in Las Vegas. The town is big enough for 1 but there is not one. Anyone else live in Las Vegas? I have been looking for a friend that understands. I have lost all my other friend s to them not understanding that I cannot do all that they do at times.

Rastagirl
01-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Hello 2lupie

Welcome! :D

Unfortunately, I'm not in Las Vegas, it's Portland, Oregon for me.

I do remember reading posts from someone that was in Las Vegas a while back, but cannot recall the name.

You might try going into "Laurie's Lounge" or "New Members Introduce Youself" forum on this site and post there. It seems many more members frequent those areas. Keep trying, there seems to be people with Lupus from all corners of the globe. I'll bet someone from your area pops up soon.

Meanwhile, feel free to post in other areas. Everyone here is happy to share and support.

Hope you'll be back soon.

Lori :P

barbeefaye
01-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Hi,
I am also looking for folks living in Vegas with Lupus to form a support group. I am sure there a many of us out here. Vegas is a big city. I was diagnosed with SLE 11 months ago. It has been a challenge. I was out of work for 4 months. I have been back to work full-time since October and it is hard, but I'm doing it. The challenge is that you don't look ill. The fatigue is tough to deal with, but I need the income.
Hang in folks.....
Barbeefaye

rosemactier
03-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi 2lupie-
I live in Las Vegas too. My name is Rose. I have found a Lupus support group meeting held at the Clark County library on Flamingo Road. It is held the last Saturday of the month at 10:30am. The meeting is sponsored by the arthritis foundation. If you would like more info on the meeting call the library. I have not been to a meeting yet, I just found out about them recently. I hope to go to the one the end of March. I too am looking forward to meeting people with lupus who live in Las Vegas. This is such a frustrating and horrible disease!! I do not have a computer right now but I try to get on as often as I can. I have literally lost everything because of this disease. I live right now with my son who is supporting me until I can get on my feet. I can be reached on his phone and the number is 517-4401. Take care of yourself and call if you like.

Rose

rosemactier
03-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Hi Barbeefaye-
I just read your post. I too live in Las Vegas. Please feel free to call me, my number is 517-4401 (it is actually my sons' number) I can be reached at this number after 3:00pm. I found a Lupus Support Group meeting at the Clark County Library on Flamingo Road the last Saturday of the month at 10:30am. I am going to try to get to the one the end of March. I am watching my grand kids right now and I need to run, but call anytime. Take care and hope all is well with you.

Rose

2pinkhearts
02-10-2010, 01:36 AM
Hello 2Lupie., I'm from Las Vegas and recently diagnose with SLE about a month ago now. I just came across the same information for a support meeting that is held at the flamingo Library. I hope and Look forward to seeing others there in hope for the same thing . That is support and some friends to talk with ,that can understand. And if Las Vegas has no real support group maybe its time to make one that we can have in this city.

MicRoMediC
02-20-2010, 02:15 PM
I don't live in Vegas but we go several times a year. My boyfriend's a gambler. As long as he keeps paying for my ticket out there, I am willing to go LOL. Anyway, hope you find some support out there.
Micromedic

Melly
03-02-2010, 02:55 PM
My advice if you cannot find an existing support group is to start your own. If you build it, they will come!;)

Facebook is a great place to start a group and it's free! Meetup is also a wonderful tool but it costs a little bit to maintain the site.

It sounds like you already have a couple of members here who would be interested. Now you just need to create the page and designate a monthly day you'd like to host the get-togethers. Wishing you the best of luck!
Mel

TiffanyP
10-21-2013, 10:41 AM
I live in Las Vegas in the Silverado Ranch area...any meetings/groups nearby? Very Important!