PDA

View Full Version : just an update

notsurerfh
01-23-2009, 01:51 PM
well got my biopsy results in (never, ever want to do that again) and they show nephrotic syndrome caused by Membranous nephropathy. all the info i get keep looping around. i was told it's ideopathic meaning no known cause. all my tests for auto immune come back negaitve but the biopsy did show immune cells.

really want to hear from anyone else with the same or similar results so i can know what to expect. still no actual diagnosis but at least we are getting closer.

mountaindreamer
01-23-2009, 04:40 PM
hi notsureft
so sorry about your diagnosis. I have no idea about this subject, but i am sure that someone will be along who can completely explain.

what is the treatment?

again, sorry, hope they can get this stuff under control.

share a smile today,

notsurerfh
01-24-2009, 07:32 AM
the treatment is the same as autoimmune disorders which i may have and may be causing the kidney damage. although the tests have been negative for the few i've been tested for. there are so many that without further testing i really may never know which one i have. thanks for the support. i have started taking ace inhibitors (blood pressure meds) to thin out the membranes in my kidneys to try and put the disease in remission. so anyone with similar issues would be a great relief to talk with and help understand. i am pretty scared right now and he thinks the prognosis is good but it's really a waiting game. thanks again for your help and constant support.

rob
01-24-2009, 07:47 AM
I'm sorry, I don't have any experience with this particular condition. But I certainly understand how difficult it can be to be scared and stuck in a waiting game wondering what's next. I don't know why so many of us have to go without answers. I doesn't give one much faith in the medical community. Have you considered getting a second opinion? I hope you can get this figured out. Hang in there.

Rob