PDA

View Full Version : Blood Pressure...........WHY!!!!!

Danica01
01-22-2009, 11:23 PM
I was seeing the good ole doc today and the nurse kept having to take my blood pressure :? She finally though something was wrong and I finally broke it to her that it was not the machine, I suffer from very high blood pressure. I am on Lisinopril for this. Today it read 150/98. Everyone who came into see me kept telling me that was just to high for someone my age. I am 29, not overweight by any means, I eat healthy and I do not eat salt. On good days I will walk in the park, do Yoga and/or Pilates. I am not sure what else I can do and I do not know what can happen due to this. I should mention I am on Celebrex and because it can increase blood pressure I only take it when I am swollen and I have not taken it for weeks. Any advice on why this is happening and if I should be worried? The doctor mentioned that I may want to go and see a heart doctor.......could there be something wrong with my heart?

mountaindreamer
01-23-2009, 06:25 AM
good morning Danica,

my nephrologist told me that lupus nephritis (kidneys) always is accompanied by high blood pressure. Have you seen a nephrologist to have your kidney's checked for lupus involvement?

share a smile today,
phyllis

Danica01
01-23-2009, 04:40 PM
That is funny that you mentioned this....the doctors are checking my kidney function right now. They took so much blood and urine yesterday. I will let you know what they find out :wink: I hope I can get some answers because it is a bit scary when it is so high :(

iseedeadmonkeys
01-24-2009, 04:43 AM
This post!!!

I had a dream i was having my blood pressure taking by my mum?? on my ankle?? lmao and she said to me the reason for it being so low was cause i was flaring DOH!!! hahaha my mum admitted me into hospital for tests.....................sorry and yeah i need to get out more!

I hope yours gets sorted Dani

xx

sits_inthe_corner
01-25-2009, 11:25 AM
Best to go and get checked out.

Might not be your heart, but you do have to find out what's going on.

I have been working very hard and keeping my blood pressure down. Lately it's been up because I'm on hormone therapy for menopause. oh joy.

Basically it's "the pill" which does drive your blood pressure up. Mine was a bit high to begin with, but now it's even higher. 153/95

Cherrio's, almonds and walnuts. Eat em...dey good for ya. :lol:

Danica01
01-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Cheerios, almonds and walnuts......I will eat them..............I promise :!: Anything to help :D I go back to the doctor on February 12th and I will see if she can refer me to a cardiologist, just to be sure my ticker is a ok! I will keep you all posted :wink:

sits_inthe_corner
01-25-2009, 05:13 PM
You should add beans to that list. Lots and lots of beans...here's two reasons.

1. Beas actually suck the cholesterol right out of your blood.

2. *Farting lowers your BP :lilangel:

Not kidding, I read that in the health section of the news paper two weeks ago.

Danica01
01-31-2009, 11:36 PM
I just read Tim the reasons why beans were good for BP........all he had to say was that because the tooting helps, his BP would always be low........hehehehehehehehehehehehe :lol:

sits_inthe_corner
02-01-2009, 05:26 AM
:shock: I made the mistake of telling hubby about the beans and bloodpressure.

Now he walks up and asked me to pull his finger to lower his bp. :shock:

hatlady
02-01-2009, 05:56 AM
I just read Tim the reasons why beans were good for BP........all he had to say was that because the tooting helps, his BP would always be low........hehehehehehehehehehehehe :lol:

Yep. That means my BP would be 250/150 if I tooted less! :lol:

But the almonds, beans, fruit, oats, all good things for health in general - helping the BP is a plus!

Rastagirl
02-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Oh Sits.....all you guys.........

I woke up feeling a little blue.....come to this site.....and pick this post to read first....and cracked up laughing. :lol: :lol: I was especially amused by the input from the hubbies.

I send a gracious thank you for bringing my spirits up this morning. :D

Danica.....Early on, within the first few months of being diagnosed, I was in the hospital and my blood pressure spiked extremely high. Pretty scary...doctors and nurses rushing into my room injecting me with lots of drugs trying to bring it down. After they got things in control with 2 pretty strong meds for BP, they ran tests to figure out why it had happened. My kidneys were functioning fine, my heart was fine....they could not pinpoint any reason. So I remained on BP meds for awhile till it decided to return to normal. Unfortunately I had to take the meds for a few years. I was frustrated that I now had more meds to take, but I came to accept it as part of the disease symptoms for me, and was thankful that at least there were meds that kept it in check, so it was not causing damage to my organs.

Sorry this has happened to you, but I'm glad it was discovered by your doctors in the office, so they could treat it quickly. It's the silent, undetected, untreated high blood pressure that can cause some serious problems.

My experience has been that sometimes you can do all the right things....exercise.....eating right.....etc....and your blood pressure is still elevated.

It did take my doctors awhile to try different BP meds because there are so many of them that work in different ways. Sometimes they need to find the right drug or combination of drugs that will keep your blood pressure at safe #'s.

Hang in there, and let us know if they do pinpoint a reason.

Fondly,

Lori :P

sits_inthe_corner
02-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Very good point Rastagirl

I know lots of very healthy people who do everything right. Yet they fight with high blood presure.

I keep a very close eye on both hubby's and my bp.

And I stuff him full of veggies beans and cheerios...not all at the same time cause that would just be gross.

Danica01
02-02-2009, 02:47 AM
Oh yes, Tim now claims his blood pressure is soooooooo low because all of the "activity" he has going on........at least it makes me laugh!

:shock: I made the mistake of telling hubby about the beans and bloodpressure.

Now he walks up and asked me to pull his finger to lower his bp. :shock:

Lori,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have been on BP meds for almost two years but it seems to be out of control again. Maybe we need to increase the dose or try a new type. I go back on the 12th and I will let you know as soon as I get back what the doc says about it and what she thinks I should do from here :D

sits_inthe_corner
02-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Danica let's lock our hubbies up with a case of beer and a pot of beans and you and I will go shopping :lol:

Some how I don't think I could handle our hubbies in the same room together. They sound like two peas in a pod.

Cupcakelove
02-06-2009, 01:40 AM
Don't feel alone in your blood pressure issues.

I'm only 24 and my BP is high...its been high for about a year and a half...

whenever my body decided to fall apart...my BP decided to go along with it.

and the Horrid pain of interstitial cystitis doesn't help it much anymore. For awhile I didn't take my BP meds because the aggrevated my bladder soooooo bad. But I found one im "ok" with...

without BP meds, my pressure is anywhere from 150-169 for the top number and as for the bottom 90-110.

The highest its been was 170/130...that was a BAD night of pain...and thankfully I was at the ER.

So I don't have any choice but to take my BP meds. I'm on 20mg of enalapril right not...and even then my BP the other day was 139/103...

I hope you get yours down.

Danica01
02-09-2009, 03:00 AM
I am in!!!!! The only things is, I think they will end up blowing the door off due to the massive intake of beans topped off with beer!!!!!!!!! The thought makes me laugh soooooooo hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote="sits_inthe_corner"]Very good point Rastagirl

I know lots of very healthy people who do everything right. Yet they fight with high blood presure.

I keep a very close eye on both hubby's and my bp.

And I stuff him full of veggies beans and cheerios...not all at the same time cause that would just be gross.[/quote]

Danica01
02-09-2009, 03:05 AM
Cupcakelove.......let me start off by saying your name and picture make me hungry for those delicious cupcake treats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sorry you struggle with yours too..........it is frustrating when even the meds sometimes don't help and at our age.....I always laugh because my grandma and I will compare dosages and mine is always higher :lol: We always get a good laugh out of it! I guess we hang in there and just do our best everyday to keep it down and the rest is out of our hands :wink: