PDA

View Full Version : Please can anyone help me with putting my photo on here?

Angel Oliver
01-22-2009, 07:38 AM
I have tried but it says its too big. I know i have a foggy mind, but maybe its my age lol:) I dont seem to be able to work it out. DOH ! :)

Thanks allot
Angel.xx

rob
01-22-2009, 08:01 AM
Hi Angel,

What you need to do is re-size your photos. What OS are you using? Win98, XP, Vista? I use Vista home premium and to re-size photos when in my windows photo gallery I right click the photo and then click "open with paint". The paint program allows you to re-size the picture, then you click "save as" and it will permanently re-size your photo. I know this is kind of general. Let me know what programs you use on your PC and I'll try to walk you through getting it done.

Rob

Angel Oliver
01-22-2009, 08:18 AM
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the info but when i bought my laptop it had Pro Paint shop with it.But it ran out and now they want money for me to get it back. So what else can i use?

Thanks
Angel.xxx

Angel Oliver
01-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Oh sorry its XP i use. :)

rob
01-22-2009, 08:25 AM
OK, you are using WindowsXP. Do you know what version it is? They have-Home Edition, Professional, Media Center Edition, Tablet PC Edition, and Professional x64 Edition. It's probably one of the first three.

Angel Oliver
01-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Home Edition, version 2002, windows xp

rob
01-22-2009, 08:41 AM
OK, I think I found what you need.
Go to-

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

When you get to this page, look at the right side of the screen and you'll see a list of free downloads. Scroll about 2/3 of the way down the page and you'll see a download called ImageResizer.exe. Install this in your computer and you'll have an image resizer tool. It's genuine Microsoft and it's free. It should work just fine.

Angel Oliver
01-22-2009, 09:05 AM
Hi Rob,

You are a wizz kid on computers.Thanks allot ive done it. Now how do i explain when i tell you.....lol.....i truly must have a small brain cause i click on a photo....right click to resize, but its over 100 pixels x 100 and it does'nt give me the option to make it a bit smaller to fit the site. :)

Thanks so much for your help and time.But ive lost 4 hours of my life and still can not grasp it....oh how funny :)

I 'll try again tomorrow, but thanks so much.

Love
Angel.xxxx

Angel Oliver
01-22-2009, 09:12 AM
For the time being im going to be a sleepy kitten from the avatar gallery until i learn this computer lark :)

Thanks
Angel.xx

admin
01-22-2009, 09:24 AM
On our forum update we will have larger images, and I think an automatic resizer too.

Download.com has free image optimizing programs.

Angel Oliver
01-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Oh wow, fab!

I'll wait till the update then.Thanks allot :)

Love
Angel.xx

rob
01-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Don't feel bad Angel, I'm not really much of a whiz with computers. I just have alot of time on my hands, and insomnia. A year ago, I didn't even know what an operating system was! Anyway, sorry the resize gizmo isn't working right. I'm going to wait for the website upgrades myself before I post some pics as I've had some of the same problems you have had with improper sizing. Can't wait to see the new and improved WHL.

Danica01
01-22-2009, 11:35 PM
When we can post larger ones I will post one too! I can not wait to put a face to all the words :wink: Rob....you amaze me! You are so smart and helpful in every category of our lives :!: How did we live with out you for so long :?: :wink:

rob
01-23-2009, 06:53 AM
When we can post larger ones I will post one too! I can not wait to put a face to all the words :wink: Rob....you amaze me! You are so smart and helpful in every category of our lives :!: How did we live with out you for so long :?: :wink:

Be careful Danica, you are going to inflate my ego if you keep this up. By the way, I'll be available in the lobby after the show for photos and autographs. Thank you very much.

See, it's already happening!

Angel Oliver
01-23-2009, 08:41 AM
'' Im in the lobby......with my autograph book :) ''

iseedeadmonkeys
01-23-2009, 12:21 PM
it took me about 100 years to work out how to change my pic, i went with opening it with microsoft picture editer in the end, do you like my smile?

Angel Oliver
01-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Thanks i did just try to dl the free version, but i got a security warning saying the publisher was unknown so i cancelled it to be safe.

But thanks ISDM for your help anyway.

Love
Angel.xx