PDA

View Full Version : A good day....

NoodleMom
01-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Yesterday was a good day. It is amazing how good it feels when my tummy is not revolting. I had good mental clarity. I helped HubbyMan with the bills and then we went to JCPenney to buy him some dress clothes for work and a new coat. Then I got my haircut.
My hair has been down to the middle of my back for years. I really like my hair long however because of pain and lack of energy I was having trouble washing and drying it. I finally made the decision a few weeks ago to get it cut. Yesterday was the first day I felt well enuf to go out. I got it cut to just past my shoulders and had it layered some. I like the way it looks and feels. With my hair long my face was so drawn down and I looked really ill. Now my hair shapes around my face and my face looks not so drawn. KWIM? It is amazing how good a haircut can make one feel.
We were out for about an hour and a half. I took a nap when I got home. HubbyMan was very excited to get some new clothes too. He had lost some weight and all of his things were a bit to big.

Kasey

sits_inthe_corner
01-18-2009, 10:17 AM
:BIG: Yah for you NoodleMom

It's great to hear about the good days.

Angel Oliver
01-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Oh how fantastic!! Well done. Yes it makes your head feel so much lighter does'nt it. Hope you like your new style and can manage it better. Glad you had a lovely day.

Love
Angelxxxx

KathyW1958
01-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Hi Kasey,
I am so happy for and glad that you had a very good day. I had my hair cut a couple of weeks ago too. My hair was all the way down to my butt. My daughter gave me a gift certificate to get my hair cut for Christmas. She took me to the place and picked out the style for me and I love it. It is so much easier to manage. I am so happy for you. I hope that your good days continue. I am glad that your husband is happy with his nice new clothes.

Hugs,
Kathy

Danica01
01-19-2009, 12:34 AM
Yeah Kasey!!!!!

What a day you had :!: I am so glad it was a great day for you and your family. Sometimes the simplest outings can be so much fun when you don't get out much :D I had really long hair too and started having problems with it. The problems were actually with me. It hurt my arms to blow dry it and curl it so it was up in a pony tail most of the time. I ended up hacking 13 inches off and donating it. Short hair is soooooo much easier to handle! The first time I showered I felt even more naked and I can't believe how chilly my neck can get...........I love it :!: Good for you for doing something for yourself :!:

Danica

NoodleMom
01-19-2009, 01:01 PM
yep it hurt my arms. I cant keep my arms up very long. So brushing,drying and curling were painful. Kept mine in a ponytail to. I think I got maybe 4 inches take off. I took a shower today and it was so easy to wash. It feels so good.

K

hatlady
01-19-2009, 01:29 PM
:D FIVE cheers for a great day!

And when I got rid of my "long" hair, it was just brushing my shoulders. It would barely do a low ponytail. Short is so much easier - now it is just below my earlobes, and yes, I do need a scarf around my neck in the winter.

It is amazing how good a haircut can make you feel - I always think part of it is the pampering.... the scalp massage when they wash your hair, the time it takes in the chair with them snipping a bit here and a bit there, and the blow dry.... Is it just me though - my hair NEVER looks as good when I blow it dry...sigh...

So glad you are feeling good and that your new cut is working out NoodleMom!

DrinkofWtr
01-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Dear Noodle Mom"

I have been having hair troubles myself. I am a bleach blonde and my hair is severely overbleached. I had mine cut recently because of a heat wave here and because of the overbleached ends.
The hairdresser cut it extremely short. I almost cried. Instead, I bit my lip, for once, and let it go. My hair grows pretty fast. So I am waiting for it to grow out some. In the meantime, I have to live with this really short hair.