PDA

View Full Version : awake tonight and going crazy

2lupie
01-18-2009, 02:17 AM
I hate the nights when I cannot sleep.
I have taken a zyprexz 20mg,clonazapam 1mg, and an abien and still cannot sleep. It is driving me crazy this is the second night in a row that I am still up after midnight. I have a hard time sleeeping during the day,and it is also my osn's birthday. I do not want to be sleeping on his day. He is 18 today. BIG day for him.
Does everyone else have trouble at times?
Cindy

rob
01-18-2009, 03:37 AM
Yep,

I've been up all night too. I was up all night the night before as well. Insomnia is a constant thing for me. I've tried meds like Ambien with no luck. Some nights pain keeps me awake, and sometimes my mind seems to race/worry and I can't sleep. Not fun

karli1238
01-18-2009, 04:03 AM
Tonight is one of those nights for me also. I don't take anything for it cuz I'm already on so many other pills that I don't want another. If its bad during the work week sometimes I'll take flexeril normally knocks me out. Hope u are able to get some sleep.

sits_inthe_corner
01-18-2009, 04:20 AM
My heart goes out to you three, I've been there but not for a long time now.

I would go for three weeks with only getting maybe 3 hours sleep a night. Not fun. It does things to the way you think when you're not getting enough sleep.

If medications are not helping (and it sounds like they are not) look at your diet.

You are looking for things like pop, coffee, tea, chocolate, too much fruite or juice. Foods that contain sugar and caffine.

I know you have probably already thought of these things yourself, but I'll say them any way.

Cut out day time naps, try (I know pain levels do not help) to be more physically active. Wear yourself out.

Hot bath or shower before bed.

Most of my sleeplessness came from being alone and being scared. As soon as I went to bed, my mind would race and there was NO going to sleep.

There is also the pain factor, no getting comfortable.

I hope you all find what you need to help you get into a good sleep pattern.

Gentle hugs to you.

Angel Oliver
01-18-2009, 06:22 AM
Oh yes it's a horrible thing not to be able to sleep when you can hear all the snores around you. I have severe insomnia. People do not understand when you say i have not slept then they say oh im tired too.But they dont realise that for the past week you have only slept about 3 full hours. People say in time it does pass lol.....ive been waiting four years for it to pass, but hope one day i'll be the one snoring lol .

Keep strong and know here we all understand your plight.

Love
Angel.xxx

paula C
01-18-2009, 06:32 AM
Sorry to hear that,

I know what it is like not been able to sleep, this has plagued me for years. I have the same problem.
So as a crazy thing I took up a job that includes shift work. This seems to help me personally, and don't have too many sleep problems, as it takes a while to catch up, and I end up sleeping great for quite some time, until the next set of night shifts and then it starts again.

Don't know if it will work for every one though.

Any way I wouldn't wish sleep problems on anyone. I did see a cognitive pshycologist to deal with sleep problems and pain management, i found this really helpful, and I still see her on a regular basis for on going management.

Take care there,

Paula C