PDA

View Full Version : Where's out little Oluwa?

sits_inthe_corner
01-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Come out come out where ever you are????

Is your hinder in a binde?

Hope you are doing well and out having fun...head hugs to Ya.

Gisèle
01-18-2009, 01:20 AM
Hope you are well, Oluwa! I miss reading your well-written posts and seeing what new default picture/icon you chose. =)

Oluwa
01-19-2009, 08:16 AM
Peek-a-boo....Hello, hello..here I am SITC and Gisele.. Thank you for missing me...Head hugs..

And how are you two?

Gisele..it has been a spell since I seen you too..hugs.

SITC..Gisele....Me..just trying to peel, repair the layers of my rashes, chapped hide and hives. I feel like an 8 tiered 10 days old birthday cake. Dry, crumby. Trying to find ways to moisten up the crumbs...my latest...Bag Palm for milking cow's chapped teats and Prednisone and Xyzal regimes I am fairing...

Scabby rash is retreating. Hives making a daily appearance. And some kind of secondary greasy rash, contact dermatitis on the normal parts of my skin? Maybe from the cow teats cream...Mooo.

Nightly hot flashes...are like sprinkling salt on the wound, my chapped skin..causing many restless nights from the burning sensation. Working on that, by taking evening step outs on our porch cooling my skin in the 20 degree weather...

Tonight we are said to see snow flurries that will not stick...ahh..my night flashing sweat naked skin would love that. I will catch the flakes with my chest and face before they hit the ground and melt. Like catching.. eating snowflakes.

Then when the salt dries, I am back to being itchy again..then sleepless. The cycle never ends. I tuck my hands in the sides of my PJ bottoms using them as restraints not to itch...

My thumbs feel like I pulled out one too many plums...they hurt. Joint flare.

I am seeking out enjoyment...did a few boxing bouts on our Wii. Makes my body feel alive, as I have been slacking on the exercise.

Thinking of a color scheme for our downstairs. Being on steroids make me wired. I feel bipolar..zooming, manic from the Prednisone and sulking from the rash. Up down, up down...

It is okay...as long as I get some time on the see-saw tetter part that is the air.

How well is life with you guys? Keeping well I hope...

A new week...renewed hope...
Hugs.
Love,
Oluwa

rob
01-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Oluwa,

I was wondering how you are doing too.I've read about your latest problems. Not fun. You made me laugh with your chapped teats comment. I have a green tin can of that stuff and it actually says "chapped teats" on the side. Call me juvenile, but it makes me laugh. I sent Saysusie a message in D.C. wishing her luck from all of us in her choir/singing engagement tonight.

I'm having some bad rash and leathery skin on my ankles. It doesn't help that it's -20 and dry as a desert here. Hope you have a good day today. Talk to you later.

Rob

hatlady
01-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Ah, I was thinking of Oluwa this morning too - as I climbed into the shower itching, and when I climbed out after using the mildest soap I have, still itched.

I use body oil (Trader Joe's lavender body oil - light weight, or straight jojoba oil if I'm REALLY scaly) especially on my shins. But oh dear Oluwa, I'm nowhere nearly as many layers of 10 day old birthday cake as you are!

Today is beautiful outside - sun on the expanse of snow. I think there's still 8-10 inches on the ground. Little of it is disturbed, though now we have a zig-zagged area in back where the squirrels have been frisky. (Everytime I see it I laugh - "Oh look, a cookie!" - and think of you, SITC)

At least it is warmer here than in Maine, Rob.

I've been watching as much of the pre-inaugural activity as I can. Saw a great choir behind some of the acts the other night - - kept looking for our SaySusie - just in case - but they never focused in on any one of them. Will keep watching!

It is amazing to see so many people coming together - in that COLD - and all looking so so very happy. I'll be watching all day Tuesday at work, doing whatever mindless office tasks I can while my eyes are glued to the computer screen.

rob
01-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Ah, I was thinking of Oluwa this morning too - as I climbed into the shower itching, and when I climbed out after using the mildest soap I have, still itched.

I use body oil (Trader Joe's lavender body oil - light weight, or straight jojoba oil if I'm REALLY scaly) especially on my shins. But oh dear Oluwa, I'm nowhere nearly as many layers of 10 day old birthday cake as you are!

Today is beautiful outside - sun on the expanse of snow. I think there's still 8-10 inches on the ground. Little of it is disturbed, though now we have a zig-zagged area in back where the squirrels have been frisky. (Everytime I see it I laugh - "Oh look, a cookie!" - and think of you, SITC)

At least it is warmer here than in Maine, Rob.

I've been watching as much of the pre-inaugural activity as I can. Saw a great choir behind some of the acts the other night - - kept looking for our SaySusie - just in case - but they never focused in on any one of them. Will keep watching!

It is amazing to see so many people coming together - in that COLD - and all looking so so very happy. I'll be watching all day Tuesday at work, doing whatever mindless office tasks I can while my eyes are glued to the computer screen.

I watched some replays of todays events in D.C. to see if I could spot Saysusie. Haven't seen her yet, but I'll keep recording and looking. I did see a couple of Secret Service Agents with rifles I built. I was a smallarms designer in my former life. Kinda cool to see. They are predicting the largest inauguration audience in history. Regardless of what side of the political fence you are on, you cannot escape the historical significance of tomorrows inauguration. I didn't realize it, but Saysusie told me that the steps at the Capitol Building where Pres. Elect Obama will take the oath of office, were built by slaves. The Bible P.E. Obama will be placing his hand upon, is the same Bible Abraham Lincoln placed his hand upon to take his oath of office nearly a century and-a-half ago. Absolutely awesome stuff.

Rob

sits_inthe_corner
01-19-2009, 05:14 PM
HUGE HEAD HUGS Oluwa,

Glad you "scratched" your way up to see us. Been missing you something awful.

Rob, my ankles look like they have old leather straps around them. YUCK. I've never seen them do that before. Funny you should mention it.

I am very jealous of you americans. I want Obama to run my country. He certainly comes accoss as a leader with integrity.

He's got a strong personality on him too, he'll need it.

Oluwa, I'm about the same with some new added arthritis sites, it's creaping into my fingers :cry:

Oh well, only 4 more months of winter....gawd....

Danica01
01-20-2009, 02:43 AM
Oluwa! I was so happy to see you post! You always make me smile :D I am so sorry you are going through an uncomfortable spell :( I understand about the sweats! I actually wake up with my clothes off in the morning :!: I guess I get so hot in my sleep that I end up taking my clothes off. I can always find them on the floor soaked :? I have to admit, I though I had an accident the first time I found them on the floor.....hehehehehe! Hey, at least Tim is pleasantly surprised when he wakes up :wink: I am thinking of you and sending you head hugs and thoughts of itchy free, pain free skin. Please take care and keep doing all that you are doing. Enjoy the snow showers :wink:

Oluwa
01-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Hey...

Hatlady...The mall...was like a rolling meadow of colorful flowers to me...maybe you can find Saysusie's bloom...

Go to http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2009/44.president/inauguration/themoment/ Their 3-D software.

Rob...
Slather a bit of that chapped teats lube on those ankles....it'll soften the leather into a nice soft suede. And maybe steam a bit of water on the stove top from the dry heat...

SITC...Squeeze...Hey have you ever tried creams made with capsaicin? Here we have one called...Capzasin.

Danica01..Thank you for your kind words...Night sweats are drenching. For me, I don't know if it is a part of Lupus, the prednisone or menopause as I have, on or in all three.

Enjoy this day....I am on the up side of the see-saw...teeter today. Up or balanced, that is where I like to be...

Scratching less!
Love,
Oluwa

sits_inthe_corner
01-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Head hugs Oluwa

I'm doing the night sweats myself right now. It was so bad Monday night that I woke up hugging the cold wall. I had slide right up past my pillow and was laying face first on the wall.

My pillow felt like it was about to burst into flames. I wish I would wake up half way through the night so I could strip down and cool off. But I sleep right through the night just a building up heat.

When I wake up in the morning I feel like a 5 yr old child in the back of car with no A/C coming home from the salt water beach.....ICK.

I dont think it's menopause, cause hot flashes should be happening day and night. For me it's just night sweats.

Usually I'm FREEZING at night.

mountaindreamer
01-22-2009, 02:44 AM
i too struggle with night sweats.....even in this cold weather. I keep my heat down so low that others have to wear thermal clothing, but i still wake up with clothes wet from sweating. Never thought of this as a lupus thing.

Angel Oliver
01-22-2009, 04:07 AM
Hi,

Well i read this post and guess what.....im sratching now :) I too woke up wet through from the nights hot flush session. Glad you are here and wish you all a fab day. :)

Love Angel :) xxx

sits_inthe_corner
01-22-2009, 03:50 PM
you know...with the amount of sweating I've been doing at night. You would think a girl could manage to lose a pound or two. :shock:

mountaindreamer
01-22-2009, 07:35 PM
no kidding sitc,

between night sweats, low appetite, diahrea (sp), and vomiting, why do we not losse weight?

hello to you my forum friend,
phyllis

DrinkofWtr
01-23-2009, 07:56 AM
Night sweats! What can I say! Mine have been getting progressively worse lately. Then again, I sleep under a very heavy lambswool type blanket and a cotton type comforter. Every night,I play, "blanket-on, blanket-off,"-- all night long.

The good thing is I don't have to put the heater on. The "sweats", the "blanket", and the "comforter" keep me plenty warm. Then to top it off, we have had insanely hot weather for the past couple of weeks, mid "80's. Until Wednesday, when it started to cool down and started raining off and on Thursday.