PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm so glad to find you!

strawberrystef
01-16-2009, 10:37 PM
Wow I'm so glad to see that people actually know or feel what I feel. Well not glad for anyone’s pain, but glad that we are all not going "crazy!"

I'm still in my first year of being told I have managed to find myself in the life / body of a SLE patient, but lets be honest, I knew, we all knew something was up right?!?!

I like being able to read about others eye twitching and odd occurrences with this funny monkey on our backs.

Hurts too much to sleep!

sits_inthe_corner
01-17-2009, 01:55 AM
Welcome strawberrystef

This is a very friendly and supportive site. Glad you found us.

I'm not diagnosed as yet, mixed results and a rheumy who thinks lupus is just a term doctor's use when they don't know what's really wrong with you.

I'm on a long waiting list for a new rheumy, but in the mean time I am on medications that are helping alot.

Sorry to hear you are havinging painful nights.

What climate are you living in?

I'm in eastern canada, from fall to spring I pretty much ache all the time.

Last year I bought myself a memory foam mattress and polar fleece bed sheets :multi:

What a difference. I sleep comfortably and soundly. One thing that wakes me up is a little black cat who thinks he needs to be fed at 4:30 am :shock:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-17-2009, 02:09 AM
hello strawberrystef :D

welcome to the forum, yeah its a great place to be,
everyone understands what everyone is going thru, which makes a nice change as some family memebers and friends aint got a clue what ya talking about?? lol love them tho :D

funny monkey on ya back?? i hope tht is not aimed at me lolol

just kiddin

ciao for now
x

Angel Oliver
01-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Hello and welcome to this site. Sending you gentle hugs.

Love
Angel.xx

KathyW1958
01-17-2009, 12:52 PM
Hi StrawberryStef,
Welcome to the site. My name is Kathy. I have SLE, Lupus and have had it for years along with several other A1 illnesses. I guess you could call me an old-timer of this rotten illness. I have had it for some 45 years now. I guess I have learned through all the years that you will have good times and not so good times with this illness. I know very well what it feels like to be in pain at night. I have to get out of the bed often at night and walk around to get the pain knocked down some so that I can sleep. Have you told your doctor about the pain at night that you are experiencing? I hope that you keep posting. Unfortunately this disease is like having a monkey hanging on your back. Maybe someday they will find a cure and none of us will have be sick again.

Hugs,
Kathy

Danica01
01-20-2009, 03:02 AM
Welcome StrawberryStef! You are feeling the same I did when I found this forum :D It is an amazing place where all of us are able to come together and get through this thing called Lupus. You will always find someone going through the exact same thing as you :D Everyone is so educated and can always direct you to answers you are looking for. I know how you feel when you are to sore too even sleep........that is why I am on here at 3:27 in the morning :( See, someone is always around! Keep posting and I look forward to getting to know you :wink: