PDA

View Full Version : Enlarged Spleen

BonusMom
01-16-2009, 10:45 AM
Three years ago, I was undergoing tests for my stomach when an abdominal ultrasound showed that I had an enlarged spleen. The doctor wasn't the least bit concerned about it (didn't even bring it up in any of my appts.), so I wasn't either.

For the past 9 months, I have been having intermittent stabbing pain under the left breast that takes my breath away and I'm wondering if this could be related to the enlarged spleen. Any thoughts on this?

notsurerfh
01-23-2009, 01:47 PM
yes it is and i would request a second opinion and blood tests. i had the same pain and it was confirmed it was enlarged. not sure why but it was. all the tests came back negative. it went back to normal on its own and no longer have any pain. mono is the #1 cause of spleen enlargement so you may want to test for that first especially if you are tired and not eating well. keep us posted

iseedeadmonkeys
01-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Bonusmom :D

hey there!
i used to and still do occasionally get those stabbing pains under my left breast, when i asked about it to the rhuemy he said it was classic rhuematoid atharitus (sp?),
but if you got shit with your spline anyway id ask more info onit
peace
ISDM
xx

iseedeadmonkeys
01-23-2009, 02:13 PM
oops i did not mean to swear lol i forgot where i was then ooops :oops: