PDA

View Full Version : Just keeps coming, feeling blue

Larz77
01-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Well, I had about a week of feeling a little more upbeat. Then, on my way to take my daughter to school, while sitting at a stopsign, I got rear-ended. Had to go to the doctor with my daughter. While there, noticed that my BP was lower than it is when I'm at the doctor. I guess normally a person would be happy about it, but strikes me as strange. Pulse has been slow too. Well, we were sent home with instructions to rest our necks/back, using ice for the next few days.

When I got home, I got a call from my cardiologist. I had left a message with them earlier in the week. Those heart skips that I've had since June, the ones that clear-up when I take antibiotics (for whatever reason) started to pop up again (of course, I'm just over a week from having taken antibiotics from an ear infection). He wants to go in and do an angiogram because the tests I had back in April of last year were "borderline". Of course, I don't recall him saying anything about being "borderline" at that time, although he did say a calcium score of 19 was just a little higher than they would expect for my age, it wasn't anything significant.

Suddenly, I got scared. What if there is something else going on. I mean, I don't have shortness of breath, or chest pain. I ride my stationary bike almost daily, with no trouble. I suppose if I felt better, I'd not be as concerned with what is up. I figured it's been my lupus. But I'm down about possibly having an issue here as well.

So my lupie friends, that's what's been going on with me. Talking with you always seems to help.

DrinkofWtr
01-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Dear Larz:

"Don't put the horse before the cart." Try not to worry. I know it's easier said than done. I am very sorry to hear you had a car accident. I had one a couple of years ago.

BonusMom
01-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Sorry that you received another helping of worrisome news. I passed out three days after Christmas, while playing Yahtzee with my family. The following day, DH insisted I go to doctor. BP was 100/80 for some reason (I'm normally 110/70). I had eaten just a bit before the episode and had not started any new meds. Interesting thought that it could be AI related.

Please keep us posted on how things are going and the result of your angiogram.

KathyW1958
01-17-2009, 05:51 AM
Hi Larry,
I am sorry to hear that you were in a car accident. I hope all goes well with you when you get the Angiogram done. Try not to get stressed out. I know it is very hard to do and I myself have had a very trying time this week.

I went and got the cat scan done yesterday and am waiting on the results of that. I am trying not to stress out about that.

Let us know how it goes with the Angiogram ok.

Hugs,
Kathy

Larz77
01-18-2009, 01:35 PM
You know, it's funny. With my thoughts on what a crummy day Thursday was, I forgot to mention that I had a sleep study that I went to on Friday night. Different experience. How they expect you to sleep with all the wires and things attached to you, not to mention being in a strange bed, strange environment. I did finally get asleep though. Only to be woken up and told that my blood oxygen when I slept dropped into the 70% range. Not good I guess. They then put the mask and pumped the air in. I guess I slept better and the blood oxygen got up into the mid 90's. So I have sleep apnea I guess. Don't know why I slept well just a few months ago and now, when I think I'm in a flare, I suddenly have this. Add to it, that they diagnose you like this and then send you home with no device. Have a nice sleep that night.

So, I'm bumming a bit. I guess if it helps, great, but I still wonder if it's an effect or a cause of what has been going on. When I sleep, I find myself waking because it's like I stop breathing, not because I can't breath because of an obstruction. Sigh. Like I said, add another thing to the list.

Then there is the heart skipping thing and why taking antibiotics make it go away. I think I mentioned that I've found that antibiotics make me feel better when I've thought I'm in a flare. Now this heart skip thing disappears when I'm taking them, I get to feeling better and then when I finish, a week later, I'm back to feeling crappy and the heart skips come on.

I feel like there are answers there, but the process is very slow. Anyone with experiences with apnea, I'd be interested in your experiences.

Larz

sits_inthe_corner
01-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Hugs to ya Larz,

What's that saying....three steps forward....two steps back.

Hoping for better days a head for ya.

Larz77
01-18-2009, 05:36 PM
SITC,

Yes, I know I should concentrate on the gifts that I have. Sometimes it's easy to look past those. I also know it could always be worse and there is always my Lupie friends!!

L

Danica01
01-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Oh Larz, what a time you are having! So many things at once :( I am so happy to hear that you and your daughter are safe and are as well as can be after the accident. I am sorry to hear about the sleeping test and heart issues. Those are some of the scariest areas to have problems. Like everyone else said, try not to worry to much and who knows maybe it is nothing and you worried for no reason :) I know that is easier said than done so we will all worry with you so you do not have to go through it alone :wink: Keep us updated and as you worry tell all of us, there is no need to carry all of it by yourself :wink:

DrinkofWtr
01-21-2009, 08:08 AM
Dear Larz:

I am supposed to have sleep studies done in the near future. In fact, I had an appointment to discuss sleep apnea with my Dr., but I had to use the appointment to address a sinus infection that came up suddenly.

The studies don't sound like they are a lot of fun!

sits_inthe_corner
01-21-2009, 05:40 PM
Larz gentle hugs,

I didn't mean that in a glass half full kinda way :lol:

It's frustrating when you felt like you were finally making headway only to find you slid back two places.

But I am often reminded that there are other's who are worse off than me, who manage to be quite happy :shock:

When I first started down this path, I was wearing knee braces and walking with a cane. One day I was really depressed and cranky.

I went to the drug store to pick up my medication, I got out of my car and I could hear some one whistling a happy littled tune.

And I thought...o 0 (bite me)

A man came around the corner, whistling away, :shock: barely able to walk with each leg in FULL length aluminium cast!

Some times I think "oh well it's all in the mind set" and other times I think

. o 0 (bite me) :lol:

mountaindreamer
01-22-2009, 02:41 AM
hi sitc,

yes, it is little things like your experience with the whistler that make us stop and share a little smile. Keep your eyes open for the next thing that brings a smile, and cherish it for just a moment.

phyllis

Spanglishqueen
01-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Hi Larz,

I have been having more and more memory fogs, especially when I drive...my rheumy said it sounds like Somnolence and referred me back to my PCP who referred me to a sleep Doc and a neurologist. At first they ruled out sleep apnea because I don't snore (according to my husband --who could probably sleep through an earthquake :) ) So I am due for a sleep study soon...at first prior to joining this Forum I felt I was the only one being sent to every possible Doc in the world. Well I hope you start feeling better and remember "don't cross the bridge until you get to it because you will drown unnecessarily" :)

Danica01
01-31-2009, 11:59 PM
Just checking in to see how you are doing and how you are feeling :wink: