PDA

View Full Version : insomnia

Jiffener
01-15-2009, 01:17 PM
The Insomnia Monster got a hold of me last night. Worked my 10 hour shift yesterday. All I could think about was when I got home I was going to take a shower eat taking medicine (sleeping pill included) and go to bed. NOT!!! Went to bed at 9:30. I laid in bed for 2 hours. Finally said srew it and got up. I was still WIDE awake at 3:30 this morning. I finally dozed off. Alarm went off at 5:45. Crap!!!! It's now 3:40 in the afternoon and I am so tired. Still at work and I want to cry.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-15-2009, 01:39 PM
hi there!

im with you on this one, its sooo annoying i know :x
i find i cant sleep when im over tired which isnt good for the body either hang on in there x

Angel Oliver
01-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Oh i so understand your sleep problems. I have severe insomnia and even with the sleeping pills when your not gonna sleep your not gonna sleep whoopy lol.
At one point i thought i could get a night job lol but i am too tired to sit upright so forget it lol.
Lets hope one day.....we get some sleep soon and for a long time.

Love and gentle hugs
Angel.xxx

iseedeadmonkeys
01-15-2009, 02:26 PM
angel

thats just it tho dont you think?
suddeenly ure sleep is all over the show for few days then unexpectasntly u sleep for agessss lol silly sleep x

Angel Oliver
01-16-2009, 07:38 AM
Yes i agree. Last year 2007 i think i was awake for most of it. But now since my jaw n teeth problems i am drugged up so much i can be in bed eyes shut tightly too drugged up to move.....yet my ears are awake....i hear everything yet i just can not sleep. Yet today....i slept about 2 hours....woke up had breakfast then slept properly during the morning for 4 lovely hours dreaming of filmstars who loved me lol :) Then i woke up hehehehe.
My doctor asked me for a sleep diary.....i was awke most of the time....then when i stopped the diary i began to sleep for a few days, then i thought yipeeeeeeeeee im cured.....then it starts again.So its official i dont think anymore....if i sleep i sleep if i dont i get mad lol end of. :)

Love
Insomniac.xxx

rob
01-16-2009, 07:57 AM
I have insomnia on a regular basis. It's incredibly frustrating. I was up most of last night, and it will catch up with me this afternoon. I guess I should be thankful that I have no work or commitments, and when I finally crash, I can just go to bed rather than having to push through the rest of a work day. It got me thinking about all my years in the Army. I used to be a crewman on a Abrams tank, I was the driver. I used to be able to fall asleep in the drivers seat while we were parked on the practice range, and sleep right through the main cannon and machineguns firing, it didn't even phase me. Of course, we were always exhausted so it was easy to fall asleep most anywhere. I wish I could still be carefree and totally able to just sleep that well anytime. Oh well, such is life. I've tried meds like Ambien, but they didn't work very well. Made me feel loopy, but not sleepy. Bummer.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-16-2009, 08:16 AM
more than normal Rob? lol

im too scared to take sleepin pills :lol:

i was so close to putting myself into a coma aug 2007 i dearnt do anything like tht again x

Danica01
01-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Angel,
It is so good to see you back and with a bit of humor added in! I know I have missed you over the past few drugged up weeks! I hope you are finally starting to get some relief and can join us even more! Hang in there and just keep resting, posting and making us smile when you feel up to it!

Danica

Yes i agree. Last year 2007 i think i was awake for most of it. But now since my jaw n teeth problems i am drugged up so much i can be in bed eyes shut tightly too drugged up to move.....yet my ears are awake....i hear everything yet i just can not sleep. Yet today....i slept about 2 hours....woke up had breakfast then slept properly during the morning for 4 lovely hours dreaming of filmstars who loved me lol :) Then i woke up hehehehe.
My doctor asked me for a sleep diary.....i was awke most of the time....then when i stopped the diary i began to sleep for a few days, then i thought yipeeeeeeeeee im cured.....then it starts again.So its official i dont think anymore....if i sleep i sleep if i dont i get mad lol end of. :)

Love
Insomniac.xxx

Gisèle
01-18-2009, 01:57 AM
That sounds so difficult! Please try and get some more rest :)

I am not sure how relevant this would be since I do not have insomnia, but I take adderall to help with the fatigue and to give me energy during the day, but I need to take something at night so that I can sleep or else, b/c of the adderall, I would be up all night. I take 1mg of ativan, and it does the trick, and it works quickly and well. Maybe ask your MD about ativan? But once again, I don't know if insomnia is ever treated with benzos and if ativan is less potent that what you are already taking. It's an idea, though. =)

I hope you are doing better with sleep!

2lupie
01-18-2009, 02:28 AM
Her I am up again tonight. Took Zyprexz 20mg ambien, and clonazapam 1mg. and I am still up at 1:50 and cannot sleep. It will hit me this afternoon and today is my son's birthday so I have to ignore the sluggigness that will eventually hit me. This is the 2nd night in a row. It makes you angry sometimes when your up all night. Don't know what I am angry about but I know it hits me hard sometimes.
Cindy

rob
01-18-2009, 03:34 AM
more than normal Rob? lol

im too scared to take sleepin pills :lol:

i was so close to putting myself into a coma aug 2007 i dearnt do anything like tht again x

What, me? Loopy? Nah!

I'm pretty cautious about taking sleeping pills/sedatives too. They don't work well on me anyway, so I'm better off without them I guess.

karli1238
01-18-2009, 04:14 AM
I used to get so frustrated that I'd start crying when I couldn't sleep, now I just sleep when I can and go to work late using flma hours so I can't get in trouble. I'm just glad that I don't have to worry about work today and hopefully I will get sleep tomorrow so I can work on monday.

Larz77
01-19-2009, 04:57 PM
I hear you all on the insomnia. I've been dealing with it a lot lately. For the last couple of months, I've struggled with sleep. It led to a sleep study and lo and behold, they told me my blood oxygen dropped to the mid 70% range. Sure, they put on the air mask and it supposedly helped, but they don't send you home with one. Good luck with the sleep the last few nights...knowing that my body is oxygen starved...

Seriously, I'm waking up almost every hour on the hour and so tired in the morning. It's awful to know I have to get up and face a day of work on little or no sleep.

Hang in there everyone..

Larz

Angel Oliver
01-20-2009, 05:08 AM
Hi All,

Thanks Danica for your kind words :)

Well just to tell you all last night went like this.....

Bed time came..... i rattled into bed (rattling because of all the pills i took)
Looked out of my window and yipeee its snowing, but not sticking.
It's 11.30pm.
I lie down and its freezing tonight.
The sweats begin...i take off my bedding and lie down.
My cat comes and licks my face (im allergic) then headbutts me cause he's cold and wants to get in bed with me.
I settle as my cat begins to purr and he falls asleep.
Oh no.....my legs are twitching....the aches begin.
I look at the clock....time is going fast...its 2 am.
Oh no...my heart.....its beating so fast...im so hot....my heart is beating so fast....i try my relaxation techniques....its not slowing down.....
I have turned over trying to get comfy 16 times as my cat is now dreaming of the birdies lol :)
I think to myself....i took my sleeping pill at 11pm...now im getting mad.
I now decide...im so drugged up carnt walk properly....im going to let the dog out and watch the snow, hopefully i will cool down and my heart will slow down.
I come back to bed.
I am in so much pain, the aches are bad...oh no my arms are going numb...open your hands and move your fingers...you'll sleep in a minute
I concentrate....look at the dark.....relax....look at the dark...relax.
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH its now 4am.
I am now MAD MAD MAD ...IM WANT TO SLEEP ...IM MAD...IM CRYING!!!
I turn over again as my cat meows and says ''for gods sake sleep woman'' then he stretches and scratches my butt OUCH!!!
My clothes are wet..im sweating so much...my hair is wet....im so hot.My arms are going numb again.
Oh god...ive got cramp in my foot....OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW...i rub it and it goes.
I now hear that loud bird shouting.''Ive had a lovely sleep fellow birds lets all sing really loud''
I think....i wish i could shut them up...as the Magpies join in singing...''lets all sing...lets keep her awake''
At this point its 4.45 am....i think right....im going downstairs for my breakfast.

HERE I FELL ASLEEP!!!!!!YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Oh god im awake..im sure i stopped breathing as i take in a massive sigh for more air....my heart is beating like a drum roll....oh god my heart is going to stop.....its so loud my heart is deafening me.......i try my breathing technique to slow down my heart.......

I fall asleep...YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

This is what i have to go through every night. I woke up at 6 am. Im so tired.....how can i ever work again with so little sleep. Then i begin to worry.Whats the doctor going to say in the letter...have i got M.E....is it Lupus....bla bla bla bla.

This is my experience of last night.

Love
Angel.xxxxx

Angel Oliver
02-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Oh it's me again...lol.....here and everyones asleep. I should do my own little sleep blog.lol :)

Well i thought the thought's again....those that say ''yes ive cracked it i can sleep at night''. Why did i think it lol. Its 3am. I wont bore you all with the details....just to say....i am awake and not very happy :( again.

I even had my sleeping pills and all the others and sucked some toast. Can you tell i am bored now lol. Im even talking to myself.lol :)

Night Angel....lol :)

Night. :)

karli1238
02-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Hope that u can get some sleep soon. Luckily its only 7pm here so I still have time to sleep. Hope u get some zzzz's soon!

Angel Oliver
02-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Ah thanks so much. You made me jump i thought i was the only person awake....i forgot about the time difference. Hope you are keeping ok and i hope you have a fab sleep later. :)

Love
Angel.xx

karli1238
02-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Yep u have people all over the world up with u! I'm trying to get over a nasty cold and cough. I've been sleeping all day and feel like I could go back to sleep. I'm not sure if its the cold or the mtx I took yesterday night.

rob
02-07-2009, 07:47 PM
It's getting late here, and I'm still wide awake, again. Insomnia is a real drain sometimes. Hope you guys can get some Zzzz's.

Angel Oliver
02-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Oh no you poor thing. I too hope you feel better soon, nothing worse than coughing and sneezing. You take it easy.(Well there is but you know what i mean :) )

Sending you gentle hugs.
love
Angel.xxx

Danica01
02-09-2009, 03:19 AM
I am with you! It is almost 4 in the morning and for me, still no sleep. I do not know what to do and not sleeping intensifies everything that I have going on right now :( I keep telling myself..................please, just sleep but my body is just not listening.......I think it needs a timeout :wink:

karli1238
02-09-2009, 04:11 AM
I'm still up too but this time its not insomnia, I'm in the neuro icu. I have blurry vision and headache due to hydrocephalus again. They already adjusted my shunt and it didn't get better so I'm probably going to have surgery in the am if ct isn't better. Well I've had enough one eyed typing for now. I hope everyone else is able to get some sleep!

Angel Oliver
02-09-2009, 06:25 AM
Oh Karli,

I hope you are ok and did'nt have to have surgery. I'm thinking of you.Let me know how you get on....if you can if you feel well enough too.

Love and hugs
Angel.xxxxxx

purplepinkgirl
02-09-2009, 09:13 AM
I dont know if this will help you but it helped me. I drink some sleepytime tea by Celestial Seasonings. Its best to drink it hot and right before you lay down. i found it to work best if i have not had a nap all day, im tired, and i lay down right after i drink it. hope it works for ya!!!

Danica01
02-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Karli,

How are you doing today????? I am sending you healing thoughts and gentle hugs. I am so worried about you :( Just keep us posted on how you are doing when you can.

Love,
Danica

Angel Oliver
02-10-2009, 04:56 AM
Hi PPgirl,

Thanks for letting me know that, i 'll look out for it.

Karli....hope you are ok....let us know when you can.

Danica...hi and hope you are ok today too.

Love
Angel.xxx

narrowboatnutter
02-10-2009, 07:00 AM
i get insommia too - and i get it total sometimes - when it starts its in 1 week blocks it seems and by day 4-5 i start seeing things and feel so bad that all i wanna do is cry!!!! i had it for a month once - again - total as in not even getting a couple of hours and sleeping pills seem to do nothing at all!!! sometimes peeps dont understand this - my neighbour - who is alittle odd - gets really upset with me cos i go and see him every so often to see if he o.k , but when i ge the insommia i keep myself in cos i feel so out of it and i alwaya hope i can fall asleep. he does put a,lot of guilt trips on me at such times like ' i thought u were mad at me, and him getting upset when i dont see him cos im ill does get me mad at him-i am forever explaining that the illness does this and that, and he says i know but ( and then says something that shows he doesnt understand at all) and says stuff like i feel so bad when u dont come round etc etc...but he seems to forget that id much rather be out and about and not having to say in, and as he stress's me out so much at such times i avoid him cos i dont wnat his stress on me for not always being there making me worse. and he complains all the time and its very soul destroying listening to someone complan non stop and also he expects me to sort his life out, which is silly cos i have enough issues sorting my own life out!! went abit of key there so my sorry's there!!!! i have a sofa bed which i pull out so if i do sleep i can can get a proper nites sleep in....it can make u kinda crazy sometimes....i had it all last week and by the end of it i was so depressed it was unreal - although i have a middle level flare going on so thats maybe why i was so down!!!

opp's sorry to go on and moan, its a bad habit of mine....getting to the point of why im posting....my g.p has a theory for autoimmune related insommia and it makes sense and has helped me so id thought id share it...she says that when the body is sleep deprieved it effects the immune system by suppressing it naturally - so she thinks its the body knowing the immune system is over active and trying to heal itself - which is why the sleeping pills dont work - becuause the body needs to keep its self awake to reduce the flare. so she said if i get the insommia but no flare well then the insommis has been worth it cos it most possibaly prevented the flare - and if i do flare anyway she said that the insommis would have reduced the level of the flare so it has helped. this has helped me alot to cope with it mentally as i can say to myself that good is coming out of it!!!

i am sorry but i have brain fog and have forgotten the ladies name...but to the lady in hospital who migth need the operation, i hope u feel better soon and that u dont need the op - but if i do i hope it is a suscess and that u get some good hospital food and a good ward buddy!!!!

Angel Oliver
02-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Hey dont you worry.When i write on here its in desperation and i feel a little better sharing my OMG nights with you all and i have read yours and know how bad it can get. I do hope one day we all just sleep at the right time for hours with no bad dreams.Well....it could happen.....or was that a dream i had lol :) You keep jotting your stuff in ere cause i understand and so will everyone else. I hope you feel a little better knowing now that i know about your hellish nights. Wishing you a good nights sleep tonight.

Love
Angel.xxxx

Angel Oliver
02-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Yes....you guessed it....desperation times are now lol :) Took pills 2 hours ago, i lay in bed it's nearly 1am now and im WIDE AWAKE AGAIN. I have to be up early to see the Doctor who takes his calls while im sat with in.Maybe tomrw he'll order a big mac too. Ive just sat here and did an Angel card reading asking the angels to be with me at the appointment just in case i SHOUT!!! Im sure i wont and hope the cards are right.They said ''the worst is now behind you'' please let that be true. Anyway.....hope tmrw night is better. Hope noone else has to come in here tonight.But just in case...i'll put the coffee on caffine free of course and some chocolate mmmmmm . :)

Angel.
(Wide awake).xxxxxxx

mountaindreamer
02-10-2009, 05:44 PM
hi angel,
so sorry about your sleep. Just wanted you to know that I am hoping for you to have a good night.

phyllis

Angel Oliver
02-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Oh Phyllis thanks allot.Are you feeling ok today and adjusting to home life ok? :)

Love
Angel.xx

Angel Oliver
02-12-2009, 06:22 PM
Yip...im here again....awake lol :) Singing the AH song that Rob put up lol :) And wishing and hoping you all are sound asleep and pain free. Now...what should i do next.....erm......maybe make a drink? Ive posted i think to everyone that i can see.If i have'nt slap my hand :)

Angel.xxx

Angel Oliver
02-17-2009, 04:53 AM
Well i left this site early hours i think 4 am and finally fell asleep shortly after. Woke up at 10am. As nice as it is that i know i slept, when i woke up my head felt like i had been drinking alcohol all night.I was drinking a glass of milk :) So even though i feel like i have a hangover....im back and ready to go again to look at the new site :)

Angel.xxx

mountaindreamer
02-17-2009, 06:12 AM
good morning Angel,

Wow, alcohol and milk....what a vision first think in the morning.

phyllis

Angel Oliver
02-17-2009, 06:19 AM
Yes i know..lol...but honest it was just milk only :)

mountaindreamer
02-17-2009, 06:22 AM
oh, I know it was "just milk". I was referring to the feeling that would result from just thinking about a combination of alcohol and milk....I have woken many times feeling like I had been on a "good drunk", and I did not even get to have the good time that goes along with it.

sorry, I did not mean to imply that you were drinking alcohol in the morning....however, it might help on bad days. ha ha ha just kidding.

love to you my friend.

Angel Oliver
02-17-2009, 06:26 AM
Lol :) it's ok but yes you are right, if i would have had alcahol and actually enjoyed myself, that would be different. Nowadays, after a couple of beers im actually very tipsy, so i stick to milk until i resume service lol :)