PDA

View Full Version : Hospitalization? Gallbladder inflamation?? Now what?

NoodleMom
01-13-2009, 07:06 AM
I am going to the doctor today for my stomach and bowel issues. HubbyMan Is afraid she will put me in the hospital because I am not digesting anything.
Could that really happen? Why? What would they do? I have have probably lost 30+lbs now. I try to eat but there is not much that I can eat.
I eat yogurt, cereal, toast, rice, potatoes, chicken noodle soup, deli meat. cheese, fruit smoothies, canned fruit, anything that is mild. Pretty much as soon as Im finished I am making a mad dash to the toilet. Sometimes I vomit too.
I dont really have much of an appetite. I try to eat anyway cuz I know my senses are out of whack. Yesterday this is what I ate:
Most of a small container of yogurt
chicken noodle soup
rice and green beans
fruit smoothie
toast with jelly
chocolate milk
small bowl of cheerios

Kasey

rob
01-13-2009, 07:51 AM
Hi Kasey,

I read your post the other day about your digestive problems. I've had a mild form of what you are experiencing since I started a new prescription antacid med. What is happening is sometimes called malabsorption, your not digesting your food and your body isn't getting the nutrients it needs because of it. I don't know enough about these things to say whether they will hospitalize you or not. The important thing is that you are seeing your Dr. ASAP. Your body needs fuel, and it's not getting it. They need to figure this out so you can give your body what it needs to run. Try to think one step at a time. Just concentrate on seeing the DR. first, and don't worry about anything beyond that until you know. Let us know what you find out, when you can.

Rob

KathyW1958
01-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Hi Kasey,
I read your post here. It sounds like you may need to go on a total glutan free diet. Have you been tested for Celiacs Spru or Celiacs disease? If you have this problem then the only thing that can be done for it is a glutan free diet. I hope that this helps.

Hugs,
Kathy

Danica01
01-13-2009, 03:01 PM
You also may want to try eliminating dairy. I am having a lot of tummy problems right now and I am taking dairy out of my diet. It is a little tougher to digest. Cheese and other dairy items can cause constipation so there are forces working against each other there. Hang in there and if the doctor puts you in the hospital there is a reason for it. Please let us know what the doctor says :wink: I am sending you gentle hugs and thoughts of wellness, keep your chin up :angel:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-13-2009, 03:40 PM
Toast with jelly? ewwww isnt that what ppl eat when they are pregnant? or are ya not sposed to eat it with ice cream?

lol aww sorry your appitite has gone wrong
i dont have an appitie when im stresses ootu or medicationed up :shock:

sits_inthe_corner
01-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Gentle hugs to ya Kasey

How did you're appointment go? Sending prayers and hugs to ya...you know...just in case they did keep ya in the hospital and you're stomping around the halls all crumpy in a johnny shirt...hugs.

NoodleMom
01-14-2009, 09:12 AM
I guess that I posted a reply in my other thread in LL.
I have an appt with the GI guy. They are going to be looking at gall bladder stuff now. Will have an ultrasound and most likely another colonoscopy. I had one last April. Also will be doing stool studies.
Ugh. I have a rip roaring headache and nausea. Im thinking that the headaches are from not being able to eat. Ya know its bad when your stomach cant tolerate even yogurt.
Kasey

iseedeadmonkeys
01-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Oh dear lol

i forgot to mention just before i went into big flare country even b4 the dvts, when i was growing up i used to get the worset heartburn going couldnt eat a thing without being really ill and in pain this went on for years, until after they put me on pethodone :!: they decided i had a gullbladder problem , later i had it removed and i had 304 stones, i still have them ina container, ive never had a problem with eating since, plus i lost a hell of alot of weight too :D

hope yours gets sorted.........................i think that was the start of my probs with lupus :idea:

NoodleMom
01-14-2009, 04:38 PM
I am glad that your stomach stuff was reso;ved. This sooo sucks. They took me off of one of my protonix. I was taking two a day. I am in such pain now. HubbyMan just gave me one. Hope it will kick in fully. I feel so weak right now. Probably from the pain. It just doubled me over.
Im glad that you lost weight when you had your surgery. I have lost over 30lbs. I cannot afford to lose anymore. I look like a walking skeleton. Even my kids are starting to notice. 304 stones good grief!

K

Danica01
01-15-2009, 01:27 AM
My heart just breaks for you right now :cry: I know what it is like to have your belly hurt all the time, it is not fun :( Try to hang in there and make yourself as comfy as you can. I am sending you gentle hugs and thoughts of pain free nights. Keep us updated on how you are feeling and what the doctor finds out....you are in my thoughts :angel:

NoodleMom
01-15-2009, 09:57 AM
Thanks Danica.

I go this afternoon for an ultrasound on my gallbladder. I have horrid heartburn and stomach pain. Trying do eat some chichen soup right now.

K

sits_inthe_corner
01-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Gentle hugs NoodleMom

How did the appointment go this afternoon?

NoodleMom
01-16-2009, 08:28 AM
The appointment went fine. There was a time that she had me roll onto my left side and then stand up while she scanned. She said that there was a lot of gas that made it difficult hence the positioning.
She said that the doc should have the results this afternoon.

Kasey

Danica01
01-16-2009, 05:06 PM
Let us know as soon as you find something out! I am glad the appointment went well and I am crossing my fingers that everything comes back fine or at least the tests will give you some answers! Have a good weekend :wink:

NoodleMom
01-20-2009, 07:18 PM
I got the results today. My gallbladder is enlarged/ From what I gather online this means I have gallbladder disease.
Two things fall under this umbrella.
Cholecystitis-inflamation of the gallbladder
and
Cholelithiasis-gallstones.

I looked at all the symptoms and I have nearly all of them. One of the causes is severe illness.My doc is sending the results onto the GI doc whom I see the beginning of Feb. Online it says surgery is how to take care of this.

Anyone have any other knowledge of this?

Kasey

rob
01-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Hi Kasey,

My Niece had an inflamed gallbladder when she was 16 due to unknown reasons. She had surgery to fix it and did just fine. That was 7 years ago and she's still doing just fine. I don't have any detailed info for you, but I figured a success story would be encouraging. This could very well solve your digestion problems. That's a good thing, even though right now it doesn't sound very good to have to possibly have surgery.

Angel Oliver
01-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Hi,

Just to say i am thinking of you and sending you positive vibes. A few months ago i was having a few of your symptoms and my doctor said 'yes it sounds like you have gallstones'' Yet again after a scan came back ok (which is a good thing i know) i get put on pills and sent on my merry way. Still have the same pains,burning,bloating,weeing.....but not the digestive problems you have. Hope they help you soon so you feel much better.

Love
Angel.xx