PDA

View Full Version : My Latest Fog Screw-Up

rob
01-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Well,

I pulled a good one today. My brain is so full of fog and cobwebs right now that it's difficult to do some very simple things, like fixing myself something to eat. Anyway, I decided to have a ham and cheese "hot pocket" sandwich for lunch. I poured myself a glass of milk into my favorite mug, and put the sandwich on a plate and nuked it in the microwave for two minutes. The beeper tells me it's ready so I grab the sandwich and milk and head to the TV room to eat. I go to take a drink of milk, and it scalded the hell out of my lips, chin, and the front of me as I dropped it.

You guessed it, I microwaved my milk for two minutes, instead of my sandwich. My milk was in my favorite insulated mug with a handle, so I didn't notice that it was boiling hot until it was too late. Of course my sandwich was still frozen and on the plate. How in the hell does someone end up so mentally confused that they make such an obvious mistake without noticing it? My chin and part of my chest are blistered pretty good, and not surprisingly they feel like they are on fire. I put some antibiotic cream on the bad spots, and put a coldpack on the big spot on my chest. I don't know whether I should laugh, cry, or just be extremely pissed off right now. I really hate this stupid disease.

Rob

sits_inthe_corner
01-11-2009, 04:56 PM
OMG rob, you poor thing. Gentle hugs to ya.

I thought pouring pepsi in my coffee instead of milk was bad enough.

I've been walking around all day trying to remember what I was just about to do.

That must hurt something fierce.

mountaindreamer
01-11-2009, 05:35 PM
hi rob,

so sorry about your burns, and your frozen sandwich. Once, I was around the corner from my house, and wat not really sure to get home. laugh, cry, scream, pout, etc. sometimes it takes all of them to say what we need to express.

share a smile today,
phyllis

NoodleMom
01-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Ouch!! Thats gotta hurt. :( :shock:

K

rob
01-12-2009, 07:21 AM
Leave it to my father to make the best out of a bad situation. I call him up and tell him what happened, and all I hear is silence on the other end. Silence, as in someone trying not to laugh. That got me starting to hold back a laugh, then we both cracked up together. Then dad tells me to be thankful I didn't drop the mug on my foot and break a toe, and be glad I didn't bite into a frozen sandwich and break a tooth. The blisters don't look bad this morning. Today, I can laugh it off. Getting angry won't help a thing in this case. Someday I'll write a book. "You know you have Lupus Fog When . . . "

sits_inthe_corner
01-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Hugs Rob,

I'm glad you are feeling better today. I think your dad is a peach...what a sweetie.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-12-2009, 02:43 PM
Awwwww rob :lol:

i love reading your stories! i was on the verge of crying when i read this
you always seem to cheer me up without actually trying very hard!

As you know i went back to work last week, i was chatting to my friend without realising i squirted half a bottle of fairy into the dishwasher, well (she never said anything to me either)

20 mins later after returning to the kitchen it was full of bubbles :shock:
i love it lol but some things i do is stupid and very dangerous,
dont get too mad with yourself

xxx

KathyW1958
01-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Hi Rob,
I am glad that you are feeling better. I can only imagine the horror. I hope that that never happens to me and I hope that that never happens to you again. I guess you kinda have to laugh after the fact about it. I think that Lupus sucks big time and I think we all have brain drain days. I am glad that you are feeling a lot better.

Hugs,
Kathy

Saysusie
01-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Rob;
I just LOVE your Dad!! No matter what, he manages to put a smile on your face (and put things into perspective!). I know it was not at all funny at the time and, being injured, you probably wanted to punch something! But, being told to us as a story.......sorry Rob...it was kinda funny :P
I hope the blisters are healing and that the pain is subsiding. Most of all..DON'T FEEL AS IF YOU ARE ALONE IN THIS BRAIN FOG BUSINESS. Ask me why I found my car keys in the freezer and a melted soy cream sandwich (instead of ice-cream 'cuz I'm lactose intolerant) in my purse?????? Actually, I never found them, my husband saw the drippings coming from my purse and immediately figured out where the keys must be!
Hope you are feeling better :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

SassyAuburn
01-13-2009, 08:09 AM
Oh Rob....

I'm sorry about your mishap. I'm glad you were able to have a chuckle about it afterwards. In my sick yet witty humorous way, I might have asked you if you at least thought to put the frozen Hot Pocket on your lip to help ease the pain :idea:

I so hear you about the fog thing. Some days I'm great. Other days I have to make a list of things I need to buy/do and leave it in the middle of my kitchen so I don't forget anything (including the location of the list). Sunday was the worse. I went into the fridge to take out some cottage cheese that I had just bought to have for a snack. My daughter asked me what I had bought at the market that morning and I gave her the rundown. Then I said, "And I also got this for me to eat...this....this.... ummm.... this... " The darned container was right in my hand, I'm staring right at it and yet I could not get the grasp of the name in my head to say the words. I got REALLY scared, as forgetting the location of your keys is one thing, forgetting the name of something in your hand is another. My poor daughter looked at me like I have 5 heads and I just wanted to cry. That was new to me, and I hope I don't have to have that feeling of being lost within myself again... well, at least not for a while.

Be careful with the microwave there, mister, or we'll all chip in and get you one of those goofy mugs that when it gets warm words appear like "The Studmuffin Is Now Hot". :D

DrinkofWtr
01-13-2009, 09:29 AM
Dear Rob:

I feel for you, as I am always doing dumb things in the kitchen, like taking cookies out of the oven at 350 degrees and forgetting to put a mitt on or hitting the burning hot element of the electric oven with the top of my hand.

This lupus definitely affects coordination. My boyfriend barely lets me go into the kitchen anymore, as he is afraid I will burn myself again, or forget to turn off the oven.

Jesse
01-13-2009, 10:20 AM
I'm glad your blisters are better now. If it helps any (misery loves company, right?) yesterday I let my dog out to do his business and forgot all about him. The poor thing must have been out there for hours because I know it was daylight when I let him out (the porch light reminds me to let him in) and it was dark when I finally heard him bark to be let in. The thing is, I have no recollection of letting him out at all, but my husband didn't, so I must have. No memory of it at all. So, you see, you are not alone. Many of us here are as foggy as you. We will all stand together in one, glorious, fluffy fog!!! :)