PDA

View Full Version : Is there much point??

iseedeadmonkeys
01-11-2009, 01:40 PM
to all this? why are we actually here?
why do some ppl get away with doing horible things in life
and the rest of us have to put up with S.L.E????
i hate it, i dont want it anymore
I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!!

cheryl_v
01-11-2009, 03:23 PM
I here you. God only gives us what we can handle. Some can't handle sickness and stress, others can. God must see the strong person you are. Sometimes we're not ment to know or understand "why". There's a reason, you just may not get the answer for the reason. You found this place and its a start. Maybe your experience and opinions are needed by some here. If you didn't have a condition, you wouldn't have looked and found this place. Then we wouldn't have you here, helping others like yourself. You posted on my post, it made me feel good that someone understood. You help more than you know at times.

I'm sorry you have lupus, wish you didn't. We can't get our lives back that we once knew. I sure wish I could too. We learn, live, love and greatful for each day God gives us and lets us live. I'm glad your here, hope to see more of you.

I don't know if I helped you any in what you seek. May you get the answers you are looking for. If not, sorry. Here when you need an ear, everyone here is :D .

rob
01-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Iseedeadmonkeys,

I ask myself that question pretty much every day. There are some truly miserable, horrible people in this world who seem to never get what they deserve, nothing ever sticks to them. Then there are those who live their lives always putting others first, never asking for anything in return, and some of them end up with things like Lupus, and other chronic and serious diseases. It doesn't seem fair because frankly, it's not.

I ask "why me" all the time knowing that I'm asking a question for which there is no answer, yet I keep asking it. Life, this world, why are we here in it? I would never presume to know why you are here, hell I don't know why I'm here. I do know this-You have reached out to many people iseedeadmonkeys, and those people are better people for it. Your video blog is an example. You have contributed to this website in a big way as well. Your friendship and your sense of humor, have brought smiles to the faces of many. I don't know why you are here (in the world), but I'm glad you are.

mountaindreamer
01-11-2009, 06:03 PM
hi iseedeadmonkeys,

I, once again, agree with rob. Who knows why you have this horrible disease, but I too am glad that you are a part of this group. This forum has brought options to my life. I thank you for helping me.

share a smile today,
phyllis

iseedeadmonkeys
01-12-2009, 05:39 AM
thanx for your lovely words,

just wondering how long this flare decides to go on distroyinh my life for!

lol get used to it s spose :)

bonnieb
01-12-2009, 05:46 AM
I am new to this group. I was diagnosed last October. I had been dealing with it for a very, very long time then I could no longer walk or even sit on the potty :oops: without great pain. I could no longer get back up the stairs and my arms could no longer pick up a cup of coffee. Ulcers in my nose and my mouth. Headache that was like eating ice cream too fast, the pain kept me awake all night and the list goes on.

I was a very active outdoors person. Fishing Tournaments, Showing horses all over the north east, photography, sewing and playing fiddle. All that stopped!

Now I am delighted when I can use my bow arm to play the fiddle for a few miutes, pick up the camera to take a picture, get up in the morning and be able to get back up the stairs, sew and just be able to go to the store. My life has changed dramatically.

No one wants to be sick (well no one except hypochondriacs). I have had many challenges through out life, but this is a hard one. My life has forever changed.

Rather then dwell on what I have lost and the door that just closed on me (one must morn the death of our life as we knew it), I would much rather keep looking for that door that just opened.

I think we all have bad days and would just like to cry it all out and be angry. That is only human. We will never know why nor will we ever get an answer (at least not while we are here on earth). But, I am sure there are plans for us. My focus is to do what ever I can to help find a cure for this so you youngsters will have a fighting chance.

I am sure I could be worse off, I wish I could be better. No matter what, I am here today and some how in some way, I hope I can put a smile on some ones face, make a positive influence or help comfort them. If I do that I have had a purpose.

Gentle hugs and the best for all of you. May the force be with us!

iseedeadmonkeys
01-12-2009, 09:37 AM
ive had a think about this all,
not really much i can do about it now!
it sucks BIG time, but i cant change it now,
sometimes i wake and for a couple of seconds i forget
the word lupus! then it hits me like a speeding
train when i try doing things,
on the other hand, ive gotten to know all of you
and chat every day on here, so yes rob your right
i sometimes glance those vids i did on youtube
and hope they have sorta helped someone in my position