PDA

View Full Version : Itchy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Danica01
01-11-2009, 10:06 AM
My whole body is itchy today and I can't stand it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have tried oatmeal and lotion but nothing is giving me any relief!!!!!!! I know I can take some benadryl but then I am sleeping the day away. Hopefully by telling all of you I will feel some sort of relief :wink: Ok....................ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, maybe not :!: I am going to go lay on the floor and roll all over the place.......my carpet will be my scratcher :!: Maybe I can find some sand paper in the garage :!: Wish me luck :lol:

sits_inthe_corner
01-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Hi Danica,

Sorry to hear you have the itchy scratchies.

Same here, I have it on ignore.

I'm in a very cold climate, and take probably too many hot baths and showers to try and warm up.

Hiding under blankets just doesn't seem to be enough.

Not sure if I'm helping or harming myself, but I'll use and appricote body scrub and moisturize like crazy after words. Gives me some relief but no alot.

My skin burns, it's sooo itchy.

ShellyZ
01-11-2009, 12:38 PM
Ohh no!! I hate the itchies!! I'm allergic to water, so if I sweat or take a shower or a bath or use lotion, I'm itchy for hours. I feel ya on this one!!
Shelly

Danica01
01-12-2009, 11:04 AM
I am trying to keep my legs and arms covered so that I can't scratch them :!: I only shower every other day because I will get even itchier :( Today is a bit better but I still can feel my skin crawling under my clothes :!: Oh well, what are we to do :wink:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-12-2009, 12:06 PM
I get this dani, its sooo annoying i take one a day anti histamine but the non drowsey type, does my head in, hope you sort it out chick xx

Mary Jane
01-12-2009, 09:26 PM
benedryl usually helps me...but I have to take it at night because it makes me tired...it also helps me sleep.

Danica01
01-13-2009, 02:54 PM
I am going to have to take benadryl tonight or I am going to scratch all my skin off!!!! Tim always tell me to stop scratching and then I trick him in to scratching my back for me :wink: :wink: He ends up figuring it out eventually but I get a little relief until then :D I will let you know how I do tonight on the benadryl :!:

Mary Jane
01-15-2009, 10:22 PM
How did the Benedryl work? I find my skin itching a lot. I have a dry spot in the middle of my back, and it itches like crazy...I drive my husband crazy asking him to scratch my back for me. My legs are also dry and itchy. It's really annoying.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-16-2009, 03:43 AM
just for the record Dani

i was proper itchy last night, as u no im flarin again, but also exstreamly tired, does this happen to you too?

xx

Danica01
01-16-2009, 04:54 PM
Mary Jane

The benadryl helped sooooooo much! I took it at bed time so it actually helped me sleep as well. I am doing better today thank you :!:

iseedeadmonkeys,

I noticed that it does happen a lot when I am flaring and when I am very tired. The benadryl helped a lot and it also helped me sleep :wink:

I know this may seem gross to some but I have had to cut back to one shower every other day. The heat in the water drives my skin crazy!!!!! I even wash with oatmeal and put an oatmeal lotion on all over. I just do not know what to do other than keep taking that benadryl :? Maybe I will only shower once a week.......lol......hahahahahaha :!: You all will be able to smell me from where you are at :!:

Mary Jane
01-17-2009, 09:49 PM
I'm glad the benedryl helped. I have a dry patch of skin in the middle of my back...of course it's in a difficult place to scratch...figures. Looks like it will be a benedryl night for me tonight.

GisŤle
01-18-2009, 01:43 AM
Oh gosh, I get this at times, too!
I'll be laying in bed and just feel itching everywhere in random places, and I think maybe a mosquito or something is biting me, but never is; sometimes I feel like I am losing it.
Eek, I hope the itchies are better for you now!

iseedeadmonkeys
01-18-2009, 05:03 AM
I used to think it was a baby spider in my bed :shock:

i know that is a strange thought but heres me!!
babies are full of energy :!:
and i thought that i had a hatching of baby spiders somewhere under my bed

lol well says alot about me, did i metion i used to hallucinate :?:
lmao
xx

sits_inthe_corner
01-18-2009, 06:26 AM
:shock:

Danica01
01-18-2009, 12:00 PM
I just read that you can put milk in your bath in order for your skin to not itch :idea: I am not sure about this.....won't the hot water curdle the milk :?: I will be swimming in cottage cheese :!: :!: :!: :!: I have also noticed that I get itchy every time I take a shower. I have made sure that the water is not to hot but it still makes me itchy......oh well, not quite ready for cottage cheese yet :wink:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-18-2009, 02:26 PM
hey im stupid i forgot try balnium oil in your bath i used to use it all the time when my ezemawas really bad !! x

Mary Jane
01-18-2009, 11:26 PM
Is exzema common with most people with Lupus...I have exzema and I'm allergic to sulfa medications...I'm seeing a pattern.

Danica01
01-19-2009, 12:29 AM
I will have to try it. Can you get it at most stores? I have exzema but I can handle sulfer.....I am an odd ball here :D

iseedeadmonkeys
01-19-2009, 02:01 AM
yeah balnium you can get in pharmacies, i think its soya oil? smells somewhat odd in the bath (i think an aquired smell) but yeah does the job, i still get ezema sp? but not as bad but more so in the summer, get a right old patch of it under my arm and on my face i use also a steroid based cream on it, takes it away in a couple of hours too :D

mountaindreamer
01-19-2009, 10:34 AM
hi all,

pain meds will often cause that over all body itching (like little bugs biting everywhere).

iseedeadmonkeys
01-19-2009, 10:57 AM
like little spiders???

Danica01
01-19-2009, 04:35 PM
You are soooooo right! When I am on vicodin for pain it makes me itch. I thought I was nuts until my dad said it did the same thing to him! Ahhhhh....little bugs all over!!!!!! I think we should have a scratching post like little kitties have except our would be hard and would feel good when we scratched out backs!

hi all,

pain meds will often cause that over all body itching (like little bugs biting everywhere).

sits_inthe_corner
01-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Is exzema common with most people with Lupus...I have exzema and I'm allergic to sulfa medications...I'm seeing a pattern.

Hey Mary Jane

I thought I had exzema, turns out it was psoriasis and one dermatologist had me mention that my arthritic might be psoriac arthritis....well my rheumy all but yawned, and of course took no tests :shock:

I also can not tollerate sulfa medication. You wouldn't by any chance have a bad reaction to citrus fruit?

Yes you should have those spots looked at. They are another piece to the puzzle.

Mary Jane
01-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Interesting, Next time I go to the dr...I'll ask him about it. It seems like I itch more at night. I'm not sure why that it. but yes it does feel like little bites. Both my girls also have very sensitive skin/dry skin. I don't take any pain meds...but I do take plenty of other meds. I've dealt with stuff like this most my life...but no one really check into it until I started getting this strange rash on my thigh accompanied with a low grade fever. Each time I had a flare it reoccurred in the same exact place. Everyone (drs) was baffled...until the dermatologist did blood work and suggested SLE. When I look back, I think I've had lupus for many years...my first baby was still born 13 years ago. They had no answers...but thought there may have been a blood clot in the cord. I think lupus had something to do with the blood clotting. During my 2nd pregnancy, they had me take a baby aspirin a day. All went well...only slight complications and early delivery...but she was fine. My third pregnancy was my best...however, they thought I had a slight stroke when I was three months pregnant... never did find out exactly what happened. They say it may have been a migraine without the pain. All went well with her...just an early delivery. My baby will be 9 years old tomorrow....HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNAH. When I read that Lupus causes complications in pregnancies, another light bulb went on...especially for the doctors in Stanford Hospital.

Everyday, I learn a little bit more. Thanks for the advice :wink:

Mary Jane
01-19-2009, 11:15 PM
:wink: