PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Skin Again.

cheryl_v
01-07-2009, 08:09 PM
OK, just had the wierdest shower. I could feel the pressure and the wetness, but no heat and no feel of it hitting my skin. The water wasn't cold or warm or hot, just felt no temp. Could feel the water pushing my skin (we have good pressure), but didn't feel as if it was actually touching. The heat I turned up, my skin turned pink. Still could feel no warmth even though I had pink skin showing heat contacting. Had the cold almost all the way off and finally felt a little warmth. Only spots I could feel heat and it hitting was inside finger tips and some of my face (not on the cheeks). Even the scalp was feeling this way, just pressure and no heat. It was so wierd, hard to explain the wierdness of it. Is this normal with FMS or UCTD? I know new symptoms can show up from time to time, but this? I thought numb feeling was wierd, but not compared to this. Does anyone have this problem? Does it go away quick? What is this? Sorry, just freaked me out a little.

mountaindreamer
01-08-2009, 05:40 AM
hi cheryl,

i have een diagnosed with fms for 5 years now. I don't recall ever feeling exactly what you are describing,but i do recall weird feeling with my skin. sometimes just numb, sometimes like a foot that has fallen asleep. I have had some feelings of "not feeling" something touching my skin,but never really investigated it.

good luck, let us know what you find out.

share a smile today,

cheryl_v
01-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the reply. The wierd feelings in the skin is something that takes getting used to. This one was the strangest by far. Making sure its not something to be alarmed over.

Maybe just a flare I suppose. Also been ill feel, tired, easy bruising, lots of thinning hair, sore to the touch, low temp of 94-95, sore throat, joint pain and muscle pain every where. Seem to be sick easy now. Haven't had a cold in 10yrs, just got over it. Haven't had sinus infection in 9yrs, now I think thats what I have. Unless its still the cold and I never got rid of it. Maybe a bad flare does knock the immune system down. Is it possible to have an immune system high enough to ward of common colds and infections? Or have I just been lucky? Who knows :) . But this skin thing is a little unnerving, just wondering if its another thing to just get used too. Seems with FMS, thats all doc says anymore when I call or go in. So figured why bother, I'll just ask folks here. Thanks for listening :D

sits_inthe_corner
01-08-2009, 04:06 PM
hugs Cheryl

Dont make me come down there and take ya by the ear to the doctor!

That's either a nerve problem or a sever circulation problem. Either way you need to speak to your doctor about that one and get it sorted out.

Let me guess ... you're sitting there worrying about it? Aren't cha? Stressing your self out...tsk, get your bum in to the doctors :lol:

Love ya :D

cheryl_v
01-08-2009, 07:06 PM
:P You know me too well SITC. Every time I go in, they just look at my skin (see nothing of course), ask how it felt. Then tell me its the way FMS is, so many symptoms of things they can do nothing for. They say "if" it stays that way come back in. Like since they can't see it, nothings really there to cause concern. Even hubby looked at me wierd, like I imagined it worse than what it was.

Feels like I'm going in circles, chasing my own tail. Wait!! There isn't one, must be my vivid imagination :lol: .

I'll call, but it'll be the same: "why don't you come in and talk to the doc". Then he or she (the np's now a doc) will say the same as always, what I said above :roll: . Going to hop in shower soon, hope it doesn't happen again. Sounds silly, but almost afraid too. That was just freaky :shock: .

OK, enough over-reacting. Off to the shower and I'll try to work up the nerve to call doc tomorrow.

Thanks for listening to silly whinning :D .

P.S. Hey SITC, I have a high pain tolerance. You may have to yank really hard for me to feel :lol: . That's if you can find me, I'm good at hiding. Thanks for the comment, made me chuckle. Felt good to laugh.

cheryl_v
01-08-2009, 08:03 PM
OK, just had to add that I got my shower and it felt normal. Heat!! No wierd sensations or numbness. I never appreciated a hot shower so much as this :D . I sure hope the all-over-wierd-skin thing was a one-time experience.

sits_inthe_corner
01-10-2009, 02:35 AM
Hugs to ya cheryl,

It's funny, but I was talking to a lady outside of the office building yester day....she is having the same problem as you but it goes from her feet up to her knee.

She said she must have bumped her ankle on something Wednesday, because when she got home she had a big bloody scab on her ankle, but she never felt it happen.

It doesn't affect her ability to walk or her balance. She just doesn't sense when something is touching her feet of legs.

She said her doctor told her she has a vein rolling around...floating...and it's causing the numbness :P sounds like a bunch of hooey to me, but who knows.

Circulation problems can cause a lack of sensativity, also I have a friend with diabetes who has to wear shoes or slippers at all times as he can't feel anything with his feet. There's a danger of him stepping on something and not ever feeling it.

No matter how silly you think your doctor "may" think your visit is...you just never know. Then they'll give you heck for not mentioning it sooner :shock:

By the way, the lady I spoke with yesterday said her's comes and goes and the doctor said it could fade off and show up again for years.

Hope you continue to "feel" better :)

iseedeadmonkeys
01-10-2009, 04:53 AM
hey!

funny you should say that!
I like to have hot baths yet lately i cant feel the temp of the water, although i know its hot cause of the clouring of my skin, i cant actually feel the temp of the water on me at all, i thought it was coz i got used to having hot baths or weather the hot water in the morning was working properly or not!

since reading this post i think i may ask the rhumey in feb about it :?: :!:

thanx for posting this! lol i thought i was going numb :)

cheryl_v
01-10-2009, 09:19 AM
No problem about posting. It's one of the reasons I posted. To see if it was just me. For a while I thought maybe I was getting used to the water too, or kids using too much. It always happened in the bath, so didn't think of anything else since you don't feel anything hitting the skin. This time it happened in the shower, so caught my attention when I didn't feel water actually hitting my skin.

Hey SITC, thanks for bring circulation to my attention. I haven't been stretching like I should and lacking water intake. Since I was ill a few weeks ago, I slacked off. Nurses have complained my blood being thick when drawing it. Doc said to keep fluids up and stretch every day. So now making sure I do it. Thanks for reminding me.

Only a few numb patches today, so not bad. Thanks everyone for listening.

sits_inthe_corner
01-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Hugs cheryl

Hope you continue to improve.

There is SO much that each of us has to do every single day. I just get worn out from it all some times and will drop something from the routine ... then something will happen to remind me why I NEED to do that. Sigh.

I got lazy about wearing my diabetic compression socks for a few weeks. Well the swelling started to creep back in and with that came the thick itchy scaley skin. :P

I just get tired of doing extra things in order to get my day started. I look and the handful of pills I choke down three times a day, and it drives me nuts.

What's this medication doing to my body. How long will I be able to take it, before I HAVE to stop. What will they put me on next...it's wearing.

But you have to do what ya have to do.

:D whiney...aint I? LOL

ShellyZ
01-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Never had it on my whole body, but I get that way in certains spots all over. Especially my hips and legs. The spots are either completely numb, or I can only feel pressure, or it burns and tingles to the point I cry. Doc says Neuropathy. Shrug. Hope it all stays "normal" for you now.

cheryl_v
01-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Hey SITC, its frustrating. Unfortunately it has become our lives. I know I can't just stop being careful and staying on top of it. Hard lesson to learn. Thanks for understanding.

Hey shellyz. Patches of skin is what I got used too. Hopefully this new experience will not progress into a reoccuring thing. Thanks for the hope of "morm", me too.

mnjodette
01-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Cheryl, glad the feeling came back! That is an odd one, but then aren't all of the random symptoms 'odd?' I have a neuropathy in my right leg and for a long while I had almost no feeling from about mid-calf to mid-thigh. So weird. And at the same time, it hurt something awful....if that makes sense. I still have those problems on that side, but not as intense.

If circulation is a potential problem, SITC is right.....you NEED to check it out with your doc. Inflammation (UCTD, lupus, FMS) illnesses can lead to nasty problems with circulation, and that can be trouble.

Hugs, Cheryl. Hope you're doing well today.

Jody

cheryl_v
01-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Hi Jody, yes that makes since. I guess you have had to experience such things to understand. Its wierd and hard to describe in words.

I know I should call doc, but lately they make me feel like I'm a child who over-reacts. Really don't want to call or go if can be avoided. That in itself is childish, but the way I feel. I will call if keeps up, promise. Nice to hear this numbness is more common than I thought. Docs and people around me look at me as if nuts.