PDA

View Full Version : Early Menopause

Danica01
01-07-2009, 12:43 AM
Can anyone tell me if our chances of going into early menopause increase with Lupus and the use of methotrexate? Thank you :!:

Danica

mountaindreamer
01-07-2009, 05:29 AM
Hi Danica,

I can't verify if lupus or meds can cause early menapause, but I do have some history with this.

When I was 30, I had a partial hysterectomy (due to endometreosis) I was not diagnosed at the time (am 56 now), but now believe that I did have lupus by then.

When I was 32, I tested positive for post-menapausal. This does not run in my family, so no real reason for this to happen. I know wonder if it was the lupus that caused it......I know it was not because of the hysterectomy...did not remove my overies. And, I was not on any lupus meds.

Just a story to add to your search for answers.

share a smile today,
phyllis

sits_inthe_corner
01-07-2009, 06:08 PM
I begain menopause when I was 35 yrs old....I'm 48 and still suffering.

Hope you have a better time of it than me.

I have another doctor's appointment on monday to tell her the hormone therapy isn't working....gawd...I've had enough...I just want it to stop.

mountaindreamer
01-07-2009, 07:17 PM
I guess this is one area that I got off lucky.

I went through the symptoms, took hormones for about 6 years, took myself off, and really have not had much trouble with menapause symptoms since.

good luck to you,

share a smile today,

sits_inthe_corner
01-11-2009, 05:07 PM
:( My doctor's appointment is tomorrow.

I am misserable. I'm in so much pain I can't sit or stand or lay down for any length of time....gawd.

I have no idea if she's going to keep me on the hormone therapy or not. If she is then she's going to have to increase the dosage.

It is helping, just not enough....I'm out of pills is why I'm hurting so bad right now. My poor uterus feels like it's going to explode.

It's going to be a loooooong night.

mountaindreamer
01-11-2009, 05:58 PM
hang in there SITC,

hope you find some way to get through the night. does a warm bath with a glass of wine and a soothing candle sound like anything that might help? wish life was easier for you,

share a smile today,