PDA

View Full Version : Newbie??

ladyblue
04-02-2005, 05:58 AM
:?: Hi all. I have just joined this site. Have not been diagnosed with anything as yet (surprise,surprise), but a friend of mine has similar symptoms and has recommended this site to me. I have had a recent blood test, waited two weeks for the results due to the Easter Bank Holiday here in the UK. Now Ihave to get back to my doctor with the results and see what he says! I have pain on all joints but no swelling. Feel very tired and get fatigued so quickly, working full time I am beginning to find it difficult to manage. The rheumatoid factor on the test was negative though, so dont think I have that. I am normally a very energetic person and find this sudden fatigue irritating. I do also get very sudden bouts of weepyness, for no particular reason. Soon gone though. My friends and work colleagues notice how tired I look sometimes, though I try to appear normal. Dont know what else to do? Is there anything I can take that will help relieve these symptoms? Would appreciate any help at all. Best regards

admin
04-04-2005, 07:36 PM
Welcome! Suzie will be around shortly, she's the one who knows stuff.

:lol:

Saysusie
04-05-2005, 07:18 PM
Hi Ladyblue;
Have you gotten your results from your doctor's visit??
The emotional aspect of dealing with a chronic disease can become overwhelming at times and we all deal with grief, depression and anger. So, becoming weepy is not at all uncommon. Also, fatigue is a very common complaint amongst all lupus patients. You must allow yourself time to get productive rest periods...try to find a quiet place to take your breaks at work so that you can allow your body to rest. Do not try to over exert yourself. Some lifestyle changes may be necessary so that you can give yourself the rest that you need. The fatigue can be disrupting to you, especially if you are not allowing yourself to get recuperative rest. However, it is equally important (to overcome fatigue) to participate in a well-designed exercise program so that you can improve and maintain strength, endurance and overall fitness.
Try making a simple weekly plan of your work and your activities. The plan can help you to organize the events in your life so that you can make sure that you have a good balance of rest and exercise. Review you plan each day and decide if you are able to participate in the activities planned for that day. Be flexible, if you do not feel strong that day..it is quite all right to eliminate some activities and do them some other day. Don't try to complete large tasks or projects at one time, divide the project/task into several steps.
Make sure that your diet is well balanced, include lots of vegetables and fruits. Reduce you intake of red meats and excessive protein. Also, do not neglect your emotional well being because dealing with the stresses inherent with lupus can take a lot of energy.
Remember, you are not alone and we are here to provide you with support, encouragement and information!!
Peace and Blessings
Saysusie