PDA

View Full Version : Hello-Introduction

sisterbigbone47
01-05-2009, 04:45 PM
hello i was diagnoised in 2005 with sjoren sydrome-ra-fibromyalia-reynaud -very depressed :( still trying to cope with the pain and new things that's going on with my body-high blood pressure-the pain in my feet : :( any suggestions /advice- :?:

med plaquenil-methotrexate-zegrid-folic acid -iron-

rob
01-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Hello SisterBigbone47,

I'm Rob, and I'm a moderator here. I gave your introduction it's own topic title so it will be more visible than it would have been semi-hidden in that other topic. This way you'll get alot more responses and welcomes. And on that subject, I'd like to welcome you to our group. Please make yourself at home.

Rob

sits_inthe_corner
01-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Hello and welcome sisterbigbone47

How long have you been on the plaquenil? It can take up to 6 months before it kicks in, but once it does, it's worth the waite.

The first thing to go on my was my feet. :lol: Sort of kick started things. I was fitted with an orthotic insert for my shoes. Wore them for close to 2 yrs. Now I find that I do not have to wear them as long as I'm wearing a good quality shoe with lots of support.

Have you been sent for xrays on your feet?

I also wear diabetic compression socks for the first hour when I get up. Helps to keep the swelling down and generally helps me ease into my day.

mountaindreamer
01-05-2009, 05:17 PM
hi sisterbigbone

welcome to the forum. Wish none of had to be here, but the support on this site is such a consolation.

share a smile today,
phyllis

Saysusie
01-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Hello and Welcome Sisterbigbone :lol:
I am happy that you found us and that you decided to join our family. As you can see, this place is filled with people who care, who are helpful, understanding, non-judgmental and always available for support.
Welcome to our family :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

MARITZA8667
01-06-2009, 02:18 PM
HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Hey sisterbigone47

welcome :D

may i ask how long you have been on methotrexate?

enjoy ure stay

0X

sisterbigbone47
01-08-2009, 07:37 PM
Hello and welcome sisterbigbone47

How long have you been on the plaquenil? It can take up to 6 months before it kicks in, but once it does, it's worth the waite.

The first thing to go on my was my feet. :lol: Sort of kick started things. I was fitted with an orthotic insert for my shoes. Wore them for close to 2 yrs. Now I find that I do not have to wear them as long as I'm wearing a good quality shoe with lots of support.

Have you been sent for xrays on your feet?

I also wear diabetic compression socks for the first hour when I get up. Helps to keep the swelling down and generally helps me ease into my day.[ :P

I have been taking plaquenil for 3 yrs-have'nt had x-ray on feet-will try the insert in shoes and ask to be x-ray :lol: so nice to finally have people that understand what I'm feeling

sisterbigbone47
01-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Hey sisterbigone47

welcome :D

may i ask how long you have been on methotrexate?

enjoy ure stay

0X

I have been on this med for about 2 months :idea:

sisterbigbone47
01-08-2009, 07:47 PM
thanks to everyone who reply -feeling better and so nice to talk to people
who understanding what I'm going through-not to good with the forum/computer still trying to get the hang of it

love and peace and keep the peace :)

Danica01
01-09-2009, 08:15 PM
This forum and the individuals on here have been an amazing blessing in my life :D Everyone is so supportive and there will be at least one person here who has had an experience like you. I also am on methotrexate and have been for a year. I give myself an injection every Monday night :( I also suffer from high bloob pressure. I am on a medication called Lisinopril. It helps but I have also been trying to stay away from salty foods.......I miss salty french fries :!: :!: I know it hurts and there are days you don't want to get out of bed. It is those days that you need to talk to us. Our families can help but only someone who understands exactly what you are going through will make you feel better. You do not have to go through this disease alone and there will always be someone here to talk to :wink: Keep posting and I look forward to getting to know you :angel:

iseedeadmonkeys
01-10-2009, 04:47 AM
hi thanx for replying,

how do you find taking the mtx?
ive been on it for 4 months now, hard at first but got easier now tht its gone up its still a bit of a rollercoaster ride,
what dose do u take?

sorry i got your name wrong before, i only write waht i see :D

x