PDA

View Full Version : Abdominal and Back pain

Fl_grower
01-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi, new here and seeking advice. Does anyone else ever have abdominal and back pain together? I've been having this off and on for about 5 years now, especially right after a period of severe stress. My doctor (when I had one) said it was part of the fibromyalgia, that is part of the lupus.

This is very, very painful. I can barely walk or straighten up. I have to literally sleep on a heating pad. I hate taking the narcotic pain meds, as then I do stupid things I can't remember, and I can't work.

Does anyone have any help for this? I lost my health insurance, and can't go back to my doctor.

Danica01
01-02-2009, 12:34 AM
I am so sorry you are in so much pain :cry: I also suffer from the pain you are describing. During the day I will use Ibuprofin but this does not take that pain completely away. At night I take Tramadol and Celebrex and Flexeril when needed. I also take baths in Epson Salt. I feel it help calm me and if I relax a bit of the pain goes away. What medications are you on for the pain :?: I feel like I am falling a part!!!!

Danica

sits_inthe_corner
01-02-2009, 02:51 AM
Hi Fl_grower

Welcome to the site.

I went through years of back pain coupled with adominal pain. My idiot doctor at the time kept writing it of as "woman" pains even though they didn't seem contected to my cycle.

I finally got so sick that my neighbor called my sister who took me to her doctor.

It was my gaul bladder!

I went through yrs of hell, couldn't find a way to be comfortable sitting or laying.

Only place I was truely comfortable was in a VERY hot bath.

You really should get that checked out. There are many things that can cause that kind of pain. Some of them can be very serious.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Fl_grower
01-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the gallbladder info. I've been reading, and I'm going to keep a track of whether these attacks occur when I've had too many fatty foods. It seems plausible, although I can't remember eating a lot of fatty foods lately. The pain fits the description, though. It always starts on my right side.

Also, if I take a laxative, it often helps the pain. I guess because I'm not longer digesting all that fat.

I took a laxative last night, and I feel much better this morning, although there is still a little pain.