PDA

View Full Version : Another Flare?

iseedeadmonkeys
12-30-2008, 07:35 AM
Is it possible to flare again after having all the drugs sorted?
the fatigue is back with avengance all i wanna do is sleep, thing is mtx was yesterday and im also recovering from the flu, but is it still possible for ones body to go into another flare? x

sits_inthe_corner
12-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Hey monkeys

Sorry you are feeling ick. I'm feeling the same way. Putting it down to Christmas routine mess up.

All the comings and goings, not eating properly, not taking my meds on schedule.

The worse I feel, the less I feel like doing the things I need to do.

Wouldn't hurt to pop round to your doctor and let them know that you're doing great and get checked out.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

iseedeadmonkeys
12-30-2008, 09:08 AM
HEY SITC

thanx yes i think i will pop and see the doc, i think she has to sign me back to work anyway :? yeah christmas is a bit of a mosh up i kno what you mean my routine is proper messed up and my eating habbits have changed somewhat too, (not mentioning anything about chocolate of course) :lol: ty ty xx

Moxie
12-31-2008, 08:43 AM
Flares are like relatives --- they show up at the most unexpected times. You can close the curtains and sit in the dark, but they always seem to find you.

No amout of medication is going to stop flares when they are ready to appear . . . just my opinion.

Moxie

iseedeadmonkeys
12-31-2008, 10:33 AM
hey moxie,

true true too true lol i like your way of thinking :D
i wonder sometimes if i push ppl away too much? i hope not :?

peace x

Moxie
12-31-2008, 11:36 AM
At first I thought I was an insufferable ingrate who avoids parties and other forced social gatherings that are miserable for all those except drunks and exhibitionists.

I very politely decline any gathering consisting of more than two people because I know how boring I am to myself, let alone to anyone else. I would like to underline the word, STRESS, right here.

Well, everyone, family included, assumes I am a jerky unsophisticated idiot for not wanting to listen to how cousin Wayne strangled his wife then shot himself (a true story.) As it turns out, cousin Wayne was more nuts and antisocial than I, yet, I still take the prize because I don't want to get those little pizza burns in my mouth and a chest cold and exploding diarrhea and everything else associated with a flare from being forced to be with extended family that gathers once every-so-many years to spread gossip and tell me how fat I look.

This is a long story to explain the closing the curtains and sitting in the dark thing. By the way, I no longer beat myself up for trying to avoid uncomfortable situations. Flares are not my favorite thing, the holidays are not my favorite time and being forced to do anything that stresses me out is not a good thing.

sits_inthe_corner
01-01-2009, 01:59 AM
I hear ya Moxie

I am a social person, but not "planned" social gatherings. They never go well for me.

But this time of year sort of forces it upon me. So I take a couple of immodium and a tylenol, grit my teeth and get through it with an escape plan in my back pocket.

Danica01
01-02-2009, 12:39 AM
I wonder if going back to work is causing your flare. My doctor once told me that flares can be brought on by life stressors. Now these things that cause stress are not all bad. I went through the list and there were things like planning a vacation, having a baby and anything work related. Your body is probably getting very excited and maybe even a little nervous and this may be triggering it :wink: I think it is great you are going back and I can not wait to here all about your first week :D let the doc know about all this and maybe, just for now, you may need your meds adjusted to help you get through this time :wink: I am here if you need to talk about anything :wink:

karli1238
01-03-2009, 02:09 AM
Are you feeling any better? I hope so. If not did you go see the dr?

iseedeadmonkeys
01-03-2009, 07:26 AM
YO!!

what up! lol :D

im good thanx, no dint go and see the dr, i think she is having a break from me seeing her every 2 weeks lol (thats enough for anyone to go mad) i will go and see her tho i think il be ok now, prob ws just the flu thing i caught from a friend (im all for sharing, but some things should really be kept to tht individual) lol spesh as our immunes are non exsistant lol, anyway tanx for concerns im feeling ok :D:D x

karli1238
01-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Its great that your feeling better. Just in time for another monday, hope it doesn't hit you too hard.

I love how people like to share germs. I'm trying to get over a cough that I've had for 3 wks. I already saw the dr and lungs are clear which is good. I just wish the cough would go away. I miss the days when things didn't hit me so hard. The joys of lupus and prednisone...

iseedeadmonkeys
01-04-2009, 11:07 AM
tbh karli i hate mondays with a passion im feeling great happy healthy, i cry because of bloody mondays i try find an excuse not to take it but i kno it will get better eventually-fingers crossed aye?

oh yeah its not the coffin that carries you off in, it the coughing thats carries you off in lol or summin like tht my nan resites it to me (shes from the east end E17 of london) so always makes me smile with her cockney rhymin slang, :D

karli1238
01-04-2009, 04:29 PM
I love how you can hear you accent in your writing. How long have you been on the M injects (I can't spell the name)? Does it work better than prednisone? I haven't noticed anything from plaquenil yet but I know it can take a long time. Oh the joys of trying different pills...

Anyways I hope tomorrow goes good for you!

iseedeadmonkeys
01-04-2009, 05:30 PM
hmm your not the first person to say that il doubt your be the last lol i actually cant hear ppls accents in reading their posts lol, M? medrol injections? or methotrexate? medrol is cool when it kicks in!! methotrexate sucks, plaq sorta does take a time to take it, my eye sight is really poor now :( i lied to the dr and said it was fine lol, anyway ermm pred i dont take no more did weird things to my stomach so i get the injection whoop :D

Mary Jane
01-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Hey Monkey, I'm new to this forum...I've been following this conversation. I'm interested in how methotrexate works for you. Right now I take 600mg of plaquinil and azithroprine(immuran)sp??...along with an anti-depressent, something to help me sleep, and a water pill. I still have flares. The doctor s were talking about putting me on methotrexate. I read the side effects can be pretty rough. I hate prednisone. For one I can't afford the weight gain, and it also messes up my stomach. You said it sucks...how does it affect you?[/quote]

karli1238
01-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Iseedeadmonkeys I was asking about methotrexate also. I really want to get off of prednisone. I'm going to dr tomorrow and thinking about asking if this is a possiblity. Thanks for the reply earlier and sorry that I didn't spell it out. I hope that danica and you have a great M day or the best that it can be.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-05-2009, 04:12 AM
Karli and Mary-Jane 8)

Ok so lets be honest here..........the pred did not work for me :( but i think it depends on the person :?: as we are not all the same (thankfully lol)

Methotrexate has some ugly side affects as you have prob read up on :( but as i say before each person is quite diff, so my side affects on taking them are feeling achy, heavy head/flu like symptoms, sickness although ive not really been sick-very close to it tho, dizziness like the room spins so i sit down a hell of alot on mondays :D, hair loss :!: not really had too much of a prob with it theres more hair in the bath than usaul but im kinda lucky really only small clumps come out and i have thick hair so it doesnt really show, headaches too, BUT on the upside after the first 3 days of taking it, i feel fantastically great :D 8) :D back to my normal chatty happy sarcastic self which is pretty fab, the pains aint there either, if you are going onto mtx remember its takes a bit of getting used to (like with any drug) im still newish to mtx and now my dose has gone up its hard to adjust to the changes :!: but you know its not too bad if a wimp like me takes it, it does make me upset that i take it, dont get me wrong i have a good old cry about it from time to time, but i think to myself if i wasnt on it then i would be in agony!! So thats it really, i stick to the internet mondays and tuesdays to try and fight my way thru these 3 days, it gets alot easier :) hope this has answered your questions, feel free to ask me anything im happy to help xx

karli1238
01-05-2009, 04:21 AM
Thanks for all the info. I'm going to ask my dr about it this afternoon. I can't afford to gain anymore weight and don't want a moon face or hump on my back. Prednisone has some weird side effects. I think I'm going to use an fmla day today since I've only slept 1hr and am supposed to get up in less than 2 hrs. The joys of insomnia. I even took cough syrup with codiene and still didn't knock my a$$ out. LOL!!!

iseedeadmonkeys
01-05-2009, 04:22 AM
I forgot to say, dioreeha (sp?) i know that thats a pain but trust me its all better out than in :? , always get plenty of rest i should say its prob better to take it on a monday night so you can sleep the first bit of it off, but i get scared il stop breathing lol (another mind thing), i never plan anything for mondays tuesdays and wednesdays coz i kno i wouldnt be able to do them, take it easy and goodluck lemme know whats happening cheers xx

karli1238
01-05-2009, 04:29 AM
Is there a reason why u picked mondays? I'm thinking that with working during the week I should try friday nights and just be stuck at home for the weekend in case I'm sick.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-05-2009, 04:47 AM
Karli,
the dr told me to take mtx on a monday, and folic acid on a friday, to remember when i take it ^^^^ you should see why, without me explaining it :D hope you do im telling you clever man he is lol x

karli1238
01-05-2009, 05:15 AM
Ok thanks. Brains running slow from no sleep so I'm not really understanding but will ask dr later today.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-05-2009, 05:28 AM
karli lol its ok il explain

Methotrexate+M=monday

Folic Acid+F=friday

x

karli1238
01-05-2009, 05:31 AM
Yep I'm sure slow. LMAO!!! Thanks again.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Tis ok, you will let us know how it goes tho? wont you?

When i saw my consultant for the first time (the newer one) he asked me to get on the bed, i asked him if he was gonna join me? lol, i love having a giggle with him :D

karli1238
01-05-2009, 10:17 AM
That's too funny. Yes ill let you know what he says.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Excellent karli!

i did it my mtx day was a walk in the park!! i feel fine now which is really good news :D hope it carries on thru tmrw x

Mary Jane
01-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Hey Monkey, how often do you take the mtx and what form (pills/injections) ?

karli1238
01-05-2009, 11:29 PM
iseedeadmonkeys - I watched alll your u tube videos today. You are so brave to put your self out there. It was awesome. I am really happy to hear that today went better for you. Hope the rest of the week is the same!

My appt went ok but I forgot to make a list of questions. I'm starting one today for next visit. I get to wait 6 wks this time. That is great cuz I was going every 3 to 4 wks. I got a antibotic for my cold so I will finally get over the nastys. I am going to lower prednisone this weekend and that always has me in bed for a few days. If the pain lasts longer than that ill call dr about other med options. He wants me to stick with prednisone taper for now. I also got some blood drawn and think I'm going to get a bruise. I hate it when they do a crappy job.

Thanks again for being so helpful!

Karli

Mary Jane
01-05-2009, 11:51 PM
How do you get to the u tube...to see iseedeadmoneys?

karli1238
01-06-2009, 12:13 AM
Go to youtube.com, search for methrotrexate and lupus. There are 8 videos to watch. It was really great to learn how the meds are affecting her and see how much she improved by the end of the week. It was awesome! Check it out.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-06-2009, 04:55 AM
Hey,
Glad you liked them i aim to please lol :D

I take tablet form of it but will be asking the consultant about the injection form to reduce the risk of nausia,

x

iseedeadmonkeys
01-15-2009, 01:48 PM
It is now official, the lupus is flaring again :x

Saysusie
01-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Oh no :evil: ..... sending you warm hugs and hoping this flare goes away quickly!!

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

iseedeadmonkeys
01-16-2009, 03:41 AM
thanx ss,

im very much annoyed about it, but i wont be beaten nor will i give up my one day a week at work, i will have to be safe and chill this week i think
xx

rob
01-16-2009, 05:26 AM
Iseedeadmonkeys,

I like your attitude. Don't show this thing called Lupus any mercy. Never give up, or give in.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-16-2009, 06:21 AM
its a funny old battle tho dont you think?

one min im like "Right i will not be beaten in this"

the next im like "I cant go on, the fight is too hard"

or the other (shout at the poor cat for no particular reason)
thankfully she dont respond to me shouting and i would never hurt her

rob
01-16-2009, 06:35 AM
I know what you mean. I say "it's too hard, and I can't go on" alot, but at the end of the day I never believe those words. I usually say that when I am frustrated and pissed off. Or when I'm exhausted and in pain. I have to be careful about yelling at my cats though, as they outnumber me 3 to 1, and they know where I sleep! My father reminds me from time to time that I have lived through two ordeals where my survival was not certain at all, and that I didn't fight to survive those situations just to give up now and let this stupid disease beat me. Sometimes that line works, and sometimes not.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-16-2009, 06:56 AM
lol Rob 3 to 1, they would certainly get you tho you know that!!

your dad sounds a sound man with sound advice, u make me smile the things you write on threads, and then your dads response :P

tis good to no that you have him :)

yeah i know what you mean i only says things like that too when im triered in pain or feelin low, i had some woman round ealier serving me my notice coz the payments of rent are over due, and i know i will get it sorted, i just couldnt be bothered with the meeting i explained i was ill she could see that i was ill, i might of sounded a bit like "yeah whatever" but now she nos i cant physcally hand over some imaginary cash to her!!

hmm well i will one day be rich and healthy, but not yet :D

xx

Danica01
01-16-2009, 05:00 PM
I think the most frustrating thing about Lupus is that it makes our bodies attach itself......we are fighting ourselves all the time :wink: I run into walls a lot and maybe this is my bodies way of kicking itself for being so naughty :lol: Hey, we have to find humor in everyday lives or we will just loose ourselves :!: I am sorry you are flaring again. Maybe you should do a documentary on when Lupus flares for YouTube. I think it would be very interesting and I would watch it :D Just stay away from the chocolate and everything will be all right.....lol.....hehehehe! Keep talking to us when you feel up to it and we will be here to help you get through it!