PDA

View Full Version : Celebrities with Lupus

Em
12-27-2008, 06:49 PM
OK this is a bit of a silly question but here we go anyway.
Does anyone know which celebrities have Lupus?
I know Elaine Paige the West End singer has DEF got SLE (read an article she did in The Times)
I've heard somewhere that Michael Jackson has Lupus?! Does anyone know if this is true???
& Also SEAL the singer...heard somewhere that the scarring on his face is down to Discoid Lupus. Anyone know if that's the case??
Thanks
Em

Novastar
12-28-2008, 12:30 PM
I read somewhere that Seal has discoid lupus, which is why he is bald and why he has scarring on his face...Michael Jackson has lupus too from what I hear, but he also has something beginning with a 'V' (Vigarillo??)...

I read that Elaine Paige has it, Sharon Stone apparently lost a sister to it?

dont know how accurate it is...but its funny how it affects these people in the public eye, yet noone seems to know what it is when you tell them what you have??

iseedeadmonkeys
12-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Tim Raines, a former major league baseball player.
* Ferdinand Marcos, former Philippine dictator, who died of Lupus in 1989.
* Flannery O'Connor, American fiction writer.
* Hugh Gaitskell, British politician.
* Elaine Paige, British actress and singer.
* Michael Jackson, famous singer/songwriter, was supposedly diagnosed with discoid lupus and vitiligo in the early 1980s.
* Seal, a British musician, had non-SLE lupus in his childhood.
* Millie, the pet dog of former President George H. W. Bush & Barbara Bush, was diagnosed with discoid lupus erythematosus.
* Charles Kuralt, former anchor of CBS Sunday Morning
* J Dilla, a hip-hop producer and beatmaker.
* Inday Ba (also known as N'Deaye Ba), a Swedish-born actress. She died from complications of lupus, aged 32.
* Caroline Dorough-Cochran, sister of Howie D. of the Backstreet Boys, who founded the Dorough Lupus Foundation in her memory.
* Mercedes Yvette, runner-up of season two of America's Next Top Model
* Sophie Howard, a British glamour model. Source(s): wikipedia

Saysusie
12-28-2008, 01:49 PM
No to mention each and every celebrity here on this WHL family :lol:

Peace and Blessings
Saysusie

Angel Oliver
12-30-2008, 10:45 AM
I was going to say Howie Dorough set up is foundation in his sisters name.....i am a back street boys fan...wit wooooooooooooo :) oh and a tooth breaker lol :)

Love Angel.xx

Danica01
01-02-2009, 01:12 AM
Wow :!: Great research, I am impressed but then again it is you and you created the idea of a Lupus house; therefore, I shouldn't EVER be surprised with you and your never ending talents.....lol :D

Tim Raines, a former major league baseball player.
* Ferdinand Marcos, former Philippine dictator, who died of Lupus in 1989.
* Flannery O'Connor, American fiction writer.
* Hugh Gaitskell, British politician.
* Elaine Paige, British actress and singer.
* Michael Jackson, famous singer/songwriter, was supposedly diagnosed with discoid lupus and vitiligo in the early 1980s.
* Seal, a British musician, had non-SLE lupus in his childhood.
* Millie, the pet dog of former President George H. W. Bush & Barbara Bush, was diagnosed with discoid lupus erythematosus.
* Charles Kuralt, former anchor of CBS Sunday Morning
* J Dilla, a hip-hop producer and beatmaker.
* Inday Ba (also known as N'Deaye Ba), a Swedish-born actress. She died from complications of lupus, aged 32.
* Caroline Dorough-Cochran, sister of Howie D. of the Backstreet Boys, who founded the Dorough Lupus Foundation in her memory.
* Mercedes Yvette, runner-up of season two of America's Next Top Model
* Sophie Howard, a British glamour model. Source(s): wikipedia