PDA

View Full Version : covering up the malar rash

snowbear
12-27-2008, 03:34 AM
this morning I look like I have really bad sunburn and rudolf's second cousin to boot, and worse my skin's so sore on my cheeks I can hardly bear to put anything on it.

Any suggestions on saving my self esteem? what do the ladies here do to make themselves presentable?

iseedeadmonkeys
12-27-2008, 04:45 PM
hey there again, i had the worst malar in history, (i do have pics to show) the best thing i use is sunsence 50+ from march to november, twice a day more so in the summer months, but other than that cold flannels, try not to itch, its a right pain too xx

sits_inthe_corner
12-28-2008, 04:17 AM
Hugs snowbear

I still have the red, but most of the pain and sting has gone out of my rash. I avoid direct sunlight. Use steroid creams as needed.

Lately I've been using a ten minute vitamin recovery mask in the mornings. It's called Botanics....it's very gentle and seems to help sooth my skin. It's not oily at all.

I wear Cover Girl foundation 720 (matches my tone well) I use a make up sponge and stipple it where the redness is worse and blend it to the rest of my "normal" looking skin. I don't find this to be oily or irritating.

I work in an office environment...so it's important to me to "look" as normal as possible.

iseedeadmonkeys
12-28-2008, 04:43 AM
you know i couldnt use any makeup coz it made the rash worse, but i forgot to say i used pure aloe vera and omg, it was an amazin refreshing feeling :D

snowbear
12-28-2008, 10:24 AM
tsk i can feel a trip to the chemists to buy lots of healing and soothing potions and 'spoil myself make up' coming on.

Its a hardship but a girl will just have to go shop.

still not sure how to hide the nose though, I have very fair skin otherwise and anything heavy enough to cover it looks odd, but at least at this time of year everyone thinks I have had a cold.

sits_inthe_corner
12-28-2008, 11:41 AM
I hear ya snowbear

I don't seem to need to put "as" much on any more. I used to layer. Wait for one coat of foundation to dry then dab on another coat...yuck.

Now I just even it out and don't try to "cover" it up as much. The idea of going out of the house with no make up on horrifies me.

cheryl_v
01-07-2009, 09:35 PM
I don't wear make-up hardly at all. I use the lotion with a tan tinting in it. Nutragena(sp?) for the face. When my face reddens, it doesn't show up so bad anymore. I like the coloring it gives to my face, I have a healthier glow again. I use the body lotion with tinting as well. Its not a quick fix, but its helped me feel and look a bit better. I only have FMS, but have been batlling with reddening skin for the past couple years myself. Not so sure why mine reddens, so unsure if my skin tips will help yours. Figured it couldn't hurt to mention :D .

snowbear
01-08-2009, 11:24 AM
I think fake tanning products make my facial skin sore so i'll just have to settle for looking pale and interesting, but the aloe vera gel has been a godsend and I've finally found some makeup to cover things up - estee lauder make something called primer which covers up anything and goes under foundation.

iseedeadmonkeys
01-08-2009, 01:09 PM
hiya when i was in work today someone had some aloe vera cream, so i put some on my face and the rash has gone down incrediably :D i am deffo gonna be getting my self some tmrw :D